Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Quote As I know, to play UHD you need to have UHD monitor and Intel CPU 7th generation or 8th generation... and connect the HDMI cable to the motherboard (to use the CPU's video), not video card.

But wait for other opinions.

Please note that I'm talking about 4K mkv files with hevc (UHD Blu-ray rips) not UHD discs. Will HDR feature be activated in my 4K HDR supporting TV?
Does anybody know if graphic card: GIGABYTE GeForce GTX 1050 Ti Windforce OC 4G

https://www.gigabyte.com/Graphics-Card/GV-N105TWF2OC-4GD#kf

supports 4K Ultra HD with Hardware Acceleration video playback with PowerDVD 17?

Thank you!
1. Only if you belong to the forum staff you can tell some member where to post and what. Still here you show that you have no idea how one forum works as in almost every thread there are similar to the original topics which keep the thread alive. Nobody can stop a member expand the original request and according to responsiveness help other members. Whether you like it or not 3 members responded to my reply and if it wasn't you to attack me and make administrator lock the thread, many would have been helped with the alternatives I've provided. My only fault is that I defended myself to your attack. I can assure you that the admin has been equally forgiving to both of us!!!

2. It should be a mystery to everybody how come you pay only 20$ when the price was originally 209 and now discounted for a short period to 60. PDVD has always been one of the costly players on the web, not without reason. If you go to the main page of the software you'll see that what is promoted and advertised most is TRUE THEATER TECHNOLOGY which is a Cyberlink innovation! Neither MCE integration nor technical support which could be found in every other player you purchase.

3. It's you the one who derailed my topic by demonstrating continuously your 100 inch display as if anybody would give a damn! I replied to that in one small line, as a PS remember, that you're old fashioned as 4K displays is the new technology. Nobody asked for all that pointless blah blah with links and info on basic things known and searched by anybody decided to buy a 4K TV. Your persistence in proving that a simple 1080p display has no or small difference to a 4K one was quite suspicious and most of all irrelevant to my topic.

3. Nobody wants to learn anything from you, the proof is that since you began arguing and attacking me none has responded. You simply froze the discussion. Better educate yourself first as none is interested to drink your water and I'm afraid you need to drink it alone.

Cheers!

PS: The "end of line" will be when you stop attacking me. Till then you can go on entertaining the other members as you and your 100 inch display are about to become viral!!!
I start a new topic as the forum administrator advised! Please refer to message named "PowerDVD 15 Pro Blu-Ray Issues (massive stuttering)" last reply

PowerDVD 15 is provided with certain features which are hardware accelleration and video enhancements enabled BY DEFAULT. Those who have graphic card other than AMD could enjoy the latter. It's ridiculous to believe that Cyberlink technicians haven't thought about calibration when applying these features. Especially "True Theater Lighting" which is a Cyberlink innovation and is producing unbelievable result. By turning on and off these features the difference is so striking that you don't believe your eyes. That's what makes the difference between PowerDVD and other players, justifying it's price as well. It's you who is messing with the video by selecting to alter the default. Whether you like it or not this software is providing certain sophisticated features. If you turn them off why buying it at all? You could download any of the free software found by the kilo on the web and save your money.

I wonder what exactly you're trying to prove with all those links and information known by anybody who decided to buy a 4K TV and has searched all those already long before you! Most likely that there's no difference between your old fashioned simple 1080p display and a 4K one. It's obvious that like PDVD 15 you are stubbornly refusing to check it out with your eyes and get a serious opinion. The nonsense of your conclusions are only cheap excuses for those who can't afford to buy a big screen 4K TV. Being the fox in Aesop's fable "The Fox and the Grapes" , now give us a break dear and follow technology (naturally if you can afford it).

Nobody (especially you) has any right to tell me where to post and what! The responses I've got by other users facing the same issue right under my reply in the same topic proves it.

You keep on demonstrating your old fashioned 100 inch display. Whether screen or monitor, frankly my dear nobody gives a damn!!! (as in Gone with the Wind).
@ Cyberlink-Hicham

Dear Sir,

I insist that I've insulted nobody, at least not to my knowledge! In case you interpret the "lol" I've added to some replies of mine as laughing AT anybody it's absolutely not true because "lol" usually follows a joke in internet language. And that's how they meant to be. Simply jokes!!!

As I said already my questions on that issue have been answered already looong ago by the official support and the only reason I participate to this forum is for providing alternatives according to my experience either here or in other threads. For instance in the present one above I've provided an alternative for those interested to enjoy True Theater Technology in their Blu-ray, but the drivers' issue prevents them.

Finally I can assure you that many members in this forum are enjoying the most my replies as they've sent me private messages responding to my sense of humor.

After all a forum/community is not only for talking about problems but having fun as well!

Don't you agree?
Ahh stevek I was wondering when you'd raise your charming head!!!

I don't remember insulting anybody by name!!! Perhaps in your imagination?

If you call personal attacks those ironic and hilarious comments I received and sent back, when you read this thread more carefully you'll find out that they were mutual!

If you read older threads in this forum you'll find out that several members (including myself) have contacted the official support about this issue long time ago as well as the reply we've got.

Being an old customer of Cyberlink (I purchase stuff since 2005), I'm in fact a big fan of it's technology and I never fail to repeat this in all my postings inside this forum or out. However when I see something not working as it should, I won't stop repeating as well until it's fixed even if I need to wait until next version.

Are those actual reasons to ban me?

1. Definitely enhance has nothing to do with either messing up or tinker you are using! Wonder what are you trying to prove?

2. Disadvantages of 4K is not our subject here, however it's simply laughable to compare 4K display to any simple 1080p, still obvious that you haven't watched any 4K BD to know the difference!!! Laughable as well calling itty bitty a 60 inch display!!! As for your eye theory, I'm understanding you completely as it will take you long to get a 4K after the 106 inch projector!

3. If you read other messages in this forum you'll see that everything worked fine before the initial Win 10 and AMD driver version regardless CPU and other nonsense you're mentioning! As said above other players having the same issue (stuttering) have been updated and now they don't.

4. Since the issue is not resolved yet and I suspect it won't be before PDVD 16 (hopefully) it should be indicated in the system restrictions for those having AMD graphic cards and Win 10.

5. And last but not least all those complaining had purchased PDVD 15 long before upgrading to Win 10 when the issue appeared. And we don't want our money back because no other player has ever achieved even close to what Cybelink had with True Theater!

Something you'll never find out as you are convinced that your 100 inch projector is playing the video the way it was made originally. You can sleep well then with the sweetest dreams!
@ CybrSage

Probably you need to learn some English, regarding the definitions of the words you're reading and of those you're using!!!

Both from Thesaurus.com

Enhance= to intensify or increase in quality, value, power, etc; improve; augment

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/enhance

Messing with= to bother, to harass

http://www.thesaurus.com/browse/messing%20with

I repeat nobody knows how a video is originally on a disc because every player produces it differently!

Additionally you can go to the main page of Cyberlink Power DVD 15 to see what True Theater Technology is and why is promoted.

Speaking about myself I always demand to get what I'm supposed to pay for. Nothing more or less!!!

PS: My TV is 60 inch Sony 4K (you are soooo old fashioned dear!!!!)

@ CybrSage

Let me inform you that there is a huuuuge difference from one player to another on how they read video files!!!

That's the reason you can't say "exactly as they are on the disc" because every player depending on it's features is producing them differently! That's also the reason the prices vary between each player, in fact you can find plenty of free or costly players. External payers (devices) also vary regarding the video quality!

In PDVD 15 before the afore-mentioned issue the video enhancement boxes were checked and adjusted by default and you need to do no messing yourself. Just leave them as found them.

To conclude it's simply hilarious denying something you haven't yet tried, therefore you have no idea about!

Please try what I told you above in order to get some serious opinion!
@ CybrSage

Obviously you have no idea what True Theater Technology is all about because if you had you wouldn't talk about "messing around with colors" and "completely unrealistic colors"

Please try ripping those "perfectly fine Blu-ray discs" of yours to a hard drive and play the extracted BDMV files with PDVD 15. This way you don't need to uncheck (diselect) video enhancements as they work perfectly fine. I can assure you'll come back here astonished and you'll understand why True Theater Technology is advertised as much and how PDVD 15 Ultra justifies it's price. The result could only be compared to 4K!!!

Unfortunately since Win 10 and AMD update these enhancements do not work with BD ISO files as they cause massive stuttering and need to be diselected. Comparing to what you used to get before the result is pure disappointment!!!

Considering that I've got more than 20 TB of Blu-ray discs ripped as BD ISO, I need to convert every single disc image to BDMV in order to enjoy the breathtaking True Theater Technology!

And that's really a pain...

@ supahz

You mean unchecking the video enhancements box(es) which is what you've actually paid for making the difference between other players!
@ Britton

Both AMD and Microsoft have updated their drivers several times since the initial Windows 10 versions. Hence it's exclusively those particular software issue that insist not being updated accordingly. PowerDVD 15 and some games you've mentioned are among them. Every updated player since then does not stutter at all!!! Hopefully in PowerDVD 16 the issue will be resolved. Till then version 15 will remain NOT COMPATIBLE WITH WINDOWS 10 REGARDLESS IF IT'S ADVERTISED AS COMPATIBLE!!!!
Quote: Hi, since I feel PDVD should play gapless without the need for elaborate audio editing I will continue using WMP for my audio. Cyberlink still has work to do in this area. One would think that the buffering technology for video would be useful for audio too, but apparently isn’t.
Pitty, nice player for B-ray and DVD but certainly not audio.
Thx

Please trust me as I've been interested and searched for gapless playback long before you were!!!

No audio editing could make PowerDVD play tracks gapless as it's lacking the required technology!

Among all those that support gapless playback and I've tried, foobar2000 is the superior perhaps with iTunes coming next. WMP (latest versions only of course) is not compatible with some lossless HD gapless audio files I've bought!

Besides I never post replies if I'm not 100% sure on what I'm recommending!!!
Quote: Perhaps you should learn something new or just use some logic. I know that you didn't try it because it works with the "adjustments" I posted I did try it.

I don't work for Cyberlink.

None of our exchanges are helping the original poster. To Fv34, I aplogize for these side conversations.

You are desperate and it shows!!!

Gapless playback needs a certain technology which PowerDVD is lacking!!!

Lies never helped anybody!!!
Quote: Why do you have that bug up your rear. Did you even try it?

It's getting more and more hilarious (the mildest word I could use) as always with you!!

I've been purchasing PowerDVD since 2005!

I'm listening to this kind of music since I was in high school!

Now what makes you think I haven't tried it?

Conclusion:

If Cyberlnk is hiring people with your IQ soon it's gonna loose all of it's customers!!!!
Quote: Not so fast! Stick to the subject as stated in the topic title.

Where is your solution for the original poster? Can you answer his question about gaps WITH THE POWER DVD program? Can you categorically state that Power DVD cannot play CD without putting a gap between music pieces?
If so, what is your source of information?

You are insisting making more a fool of yourself as usual!!!!

The answer is one and only!!!

PowerDVD 15 CANNOT PLAY TRACKS GAPLESS!!!

Although I don't consider insulting for anybody being ignorant about a subject, I still apologize!

Peace!!!
Quote: Oh, I just realize where the misunderstanding comes from. The title of the topic should mention Ripped CD instead of Recorded CD. So I changed themtitle just now. Sorry for the confusion.

Please don't let the ignorants make you cherish illusions about that!!!

All of us listening to classical music or opera where gapless playback is the most important factor, know quite well that THE ONLY DECENT GAPLESS PLAYER IS FOOBAR 2000 !!!

Naturally if the CD or the files were recorded gapless originally!

It's free and you can get it at:

http://www.foobar2000.org/download

Cheers!!!
Quote: I do not work for Cyberlink nor any other associated industry. I doubt that few other do also. I hope they deluge you with their relationship with Cyberlink.

Why are you so adamant about the issue being related to Cyberlink and not AMD? You have posted 35 times and I have yet to find any posts that have been other than complaints.

The original poster had an issue with stuttering and pausing. That has BEEN SOLVED for him.. Perhaps you missed that basic issue and the solution. The post and discussion is the important part and not the title.

I asked what you were looking for in True Theater enhancements. You did not respond. Please do so or get off the pot!

Perhap it is time to contact Cyberlink and get a solution DIRECTLY from them or to get a refund !

Best wishes ! Your profie says you are from the US but your attitude says differently.

I've first posted several days ago to make this issue known then I've participated to other posts facing the same issue and I keep on working on the social media together with all those who feel cheated by this PowerDVD issue! Whether I ask for a refund or not is none of your business!!!!

I repeat in case PowerDVD 15 had any issue with AMD graphic cards it should be indicated in the system requirements. The fact that it's most important feature (True Theater HD) doesn't work with AMD graphic cards makes it look like scam!!!!

I've read both the poster's issue description and the nonsense of your reply and I wanted to make clear to him what he is missing by disabling True Theater Enhancements! I'm looking for exactly what this feature used to provide before the latest AMD driver update. Nothing more or less!!! If you're trying to imply that I could get those enhancements using other sort tweaks, you're deeply mistaken at least according to Cyberlink support representatives!

My attitude is same as everybody's who like to bring PowerDVD 15 back to it's former status! It's up to you to believe whether I come from US or not as judging from you avatar photo you look like a Jihadist!!!! (lol)
Quote: ernanairoldo:

How do you argue with success? As I said, I was unable to activate True Theater video enhancements on my W10 computer with NVidia video card. The original poster indicated that he is now able to view his videos without stuttering.

Perhaps you should be complaining to AMD about their card and drivers?

What enhancements do you need? Are you using a monitor, projector or TV. I am using a 2K - 28 inch monitor and the picture is perfect.

Perhaps another, more costly computer program would be the right solution for you? wink

First I've made it more than clear that my reply wasn't addressed to you or any other of the usual suspects dedicated to "help" in this forum and most likely work for Cyberlink!!!!

The original poster as the others who have posted or participated to similar threads faces the same issue as everybody who has upgraded to Windows 10 with the initial and only available AMD driver pack version!!! The title he has given to this thread indicates this very clearly!!!

No, I won't let you derail this thread's subject as some collegues of yours have tried already elswhere. Neither the monitor you're using or anything else have anything to do with the initial issue desribed here by the original poster!

Those who purchased PowerDVD 15 demand it's most important and highly advertised feature which is True Theater HD technology to work without "massive stuttering"!!! I repeat that when a new OS or a driver update is coming out, it's a software's rensponsibility to update and get adapted accordingly, regardless if it's staff has to collaborate with AMD or Microsoft staff! It's PowerDVD 15 not working as it should and it has no limitation in it's system requirements for those having AMD graphic cards!

Finally PowereDVD 15 is coslty enough to provide at least what is advertised for when other free software do!

Therefore give us a break sir and go find someone else to argue with nonsense!!!
Go to: