Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
I'll go with cross transitions, but giving the user the option to change the default is a good idea.
I took a look at your system specs and I believe your CPU should be OK and you have plenty of RAM. However, your video card is integrated with your motherboard and that may be a bottleneck in your system. Upgrading to a discrete video card would give you better performance. However, that may not solve this particular problem. What kind of video are you playing? Is it high definition? What kind of camera are you using?

In the past there have been audio sync issues with transitions. I would add the video without the transition first and check to make sure the audio is in sync. Next I would manually add the transition and confirm that the audio is in sync.
Joane,

You can get PD9 from Cyberlink

http://www.cyberlink.com/products/powerdirector/overview_en_US.html

The cost of PD9 is listed at the above link. It is a similar price as PD8 was.

I have never used Corel so I can not comment.

Whenever I've had problems capturing the audio the microphone was on mute. I would double check your microphone settings.

I have also had trouble in the past where I could not hear the audio as it was being captured, but when I played the captured file the audio was present.
Joane,

The advice you've gotten so far is good. If you are still using the PD8 trial I would suggest that your purchase PD9. It has everything PD8 has and more!
Typically a standard 4.7 GB DVD will hold about 1 hour of video using the DVD HQ preset. In previous PD did not do a very good job of estimating the size of the finished video so what you are describing is not surprising.
This is the most frustrating thing about this software. Cyberlink fixes this problem in PD8 and then it reappears in PDd9. I know Cyberlink has plenty of test footage to experiment with. I should get a chance tomorrow to test this on my Canon camera.
Show before and after images.
If you are using a 32 bit operating system (It appears that you are) having more than 3GB of RAM will not give you any benefit. If you were to switch to a 64 bit operating system then more ram the better.
Press the print screen button and windows will save a copy of your current screen to the clipboard. Go into your favorite image editing program (MS Paint works just fine) and click paste. Save the resulting image as a jpg file and upload the file as an attachment.
You may want to watch some of the video tutorials on making menus for further details. What you are describing is something I struggled with as well when I first started using PD.
What Jamie suggested was my first thought as well. You may want to include a screen shot showing exactly what is going on before and after inserting the second video clip.
PD9 works fine on my three year old laptop. I doubt that is the issue.
Drew,

Are you sure you have PD8 completely uninstalled? I wonder if you have some remaining elements of PD8 still remaining on your system which is causing the problem. In the past it was not always sufficient to trust PD's uninstall feature. I use CCleaner to remove remaining registry files.
Good to hear that it is now being released.
Chapters are inserted in the Edit window.
Click on the produce tab and select one of the H.264 AVC profile for AVCHD. Those will give you the mts file extensions.
Yes.

Here's the Wikipedia answer:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/AVCHD
If you choose one of the MPEG4 profiles you can save your project in AVCHD format and it will have a mts extension. You will have a few choices as far as bit rate and resolution.
You can produce them using a blue ray profile for higher quality (MPEG2 BD profile or MPEG4) to get higher quality output. If you have a better program to convert that to a standard DVD profile you can go that rout. As far as I know a standard DVD player can only handle about 8000-9000 bit rate. DVD HQ is set for 8000.

Keep in mind that your are largely limited by your source material. Garbage in = garbage out.
Windows 7 64 bit has been reported on this forum to be hit or miss. If it worked previously then that is a reasonable place to suspect. ATI just released an updated driver (10.7). You may want to give it a shot.
Go to: