Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
DVD Create Disk Error and Not Enough Memory
Jason [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Oct 09, 2009 18:39 Messages: 4 Offline
[Post New]
Sorry if this has already been asked but the information I have seen I've already tried.

My g/f bought this program to make videos of trips and other occassions and has created 2 - 3 videos already around 30 minutes long with no issues.

Today she finished up a video that was about 45 minutes long and about 5% into the create disk portion she keeps getting an error that there is not enough memory. So we restarted, made sure no other programs were running...but to no avail.

Here is the computer info...hopefully someone can help me so she can burn this video. I would think the computer is powerful enough to burn the dvd, but maybe she needs something else.

Windows Vista Premium 64 Bit
Intel Quad Core 2.66 w/6MB cache
8 GB 800MHZ DDR2
ATI Radeon 512MB
640GB 7200RPM w/ 450GB Free
PD Version 8.00.1930

Thanks in advance. Please let me know if you need any other info.
James Dotson
Senior Contributor Location: Tennessee Joined: Aug 24, 2009 20:40 Messages: 3066 Offline
[Post New]
Not knowing what you have tried, I would first 'burn' to a folder. Then use a third party software, like Nero, to burn that to a DVD. In your case, it almost sounds as if there is a problem at 5% that is not letting it continue, but that's just a guess. Use the Preview in disc creation to watch the video and see if it plays through. __________________________________
CORNBLOSSOM
Jason [Avatar]
[Post New]
When you preview it works all the way through...

I tried burning to a folder, but I got the same message.

Burning Unsuccessful

Possible Causes:

Transcoding engine's front end stream error might be due to:
1. Broken or missing source file
2. Out of system memory
James W
Senior Contributor Location: Lakeland, FL USA Joined: Aug 18, 2008 10:36 Messages: 911 Offline
[Post New]
Have you tried producing the video first in the production tab and then burning the already produced video? That is the approach I follow and have never had an issue.

Here's the steps I follow:
1. Edit your video.
2. Click the produce tab and make your video file. For a DVD I would select MPEG2 DVDHQ.
3. Once that file has been created close PD.
4. Restart PD and import the produced video into the media library and add it to the timeline.
5. Now click on the create disk tab and burn your disk. I would also burn to a folder.

If you have trouble in step 2, that may mean that one of your video files have become corrupted and may need to be deleted and redone. If this occurs click on the show preview of rendered video and watch where the video is when the problem occurs to identify the problematic video.

In your case if you are jumping from step 1 to 5 directly then you do not know where the problem may potentially be. There is no guarantee that this will fix your problem, but I hope it gets you started.

Good Luck. Q9300 2.5 GHz
4 GB Ram
Nvidia 9800 GT
James W
Senior Contributor Location: Lakeland, FL USA Joined: Aug 18, 2008 10:36 Messages: 911 Offline
[Post New]
Your computer is more than powerful enough. There is no reason for memory issues. My old laptop has only 2 GB of RAM and has never given me a problem. I think it is related to one of the clips. Q9300 2.5 GHz
4 GB Ram
Nvidia 9800 GT
Jason [Avatar]
[Post New]
I did the steps you outlined and then tried to burn a new dvd and it worked.

I need her to add in the chapters and see if that was the issue.

I'll let you know if she still have issues after she adds in the menu with the chapters.

Also, why do you produce first? Just to see if there are any errors?
James W
[Post New]
You just experienced yourself what can happen. It allows me to isolate each step in case there is a problem. It only takes a little extra time and now you have the confidence of knowing that you have a produced file to work with.

I know it should be this way, but that is the nature of video editing. Q9300 2.5 GHz
4 GB Ram
Nvidia 9800 GT
Jason [Avatar]
[Post New]
So she did what we had discussed and it worked. She said the chapters are more difficult to add since when you drop a produced version into a timeline you can't see the movie like she could previously.

Either way, thanks for the help. It's just very strange that the chapters caused the program to generate an error for her that's never come up when creating video's previously.
Andreas [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Sep 03, 2010 12:28 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: So she did what we had discussed and it worked. She said the chapters are more difficult to add since when you drop a produced version into a timeline you can't see the movie like she could previously.

Either way, thanks for the help. It's just very strange that the chapters caused the program to generate an error for her that's never come up when creating video's previously.

Hi evryone this is my 1st post.

I have been having problems with "not enough storage space" and looking in the forums for different solutions. This seems to be working.

But y question to Jason or somelse that can answer is how to insert chapters in the "create disk" or did you do this in the "edit" module.

Know this thread is a bit old but hoping for an answer.

Thanks!
James W
[Post New]
Chapters are inserted in the Edit window. Q9300 2.5 GHz
4 GB Ram
Nvidia 9800 GT
AdanPMTZ [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jun 19, 2018 02:30 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
I edit my video and place my chapters on my prefered time line. Then, I do a "produce" file.
After The produce file has been completed,: I add the produce file under a time line and delete the edited videos, transitions, titles. etc.
But I do not delete the chapters. I save the new project with a new name. This way the chapters fall exactly under the correct time line where I placed them in the first place. Then I can create a DVD following the wizard. It has worked for me, instead of going around in circles trying to find out what has caused the errors: eC0030106, eC00C0005,

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Apr 22. 2022 19:32