Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Hi all,
Just want to know if anyone has done any 4k video yet using the H-265-Codec, and if PD13 will handle it from what i have read one need a very powerful computer, and I mean top of the range with a 900 series graphic card

can anyone enlighten me on this subject,

I have had to put my new Samsung NX1 Camera on the back burner until they get this codec sorted,
here is part of the review i read

( The extra required horsepower is a big issue because while every modern graphics card supports H.264 natively, hardware HEVC support isn't widespread. This requires software-based encoding and decoding, which is far slower. For example, even brand-new Maxwell 2 GeForce 900-series cards from Nvidia will only offer a mix of hardware and software support for HEVC. Worse still, in practice we couldn't edit the footage in either Final Cut Pro or Adobe Premier Pro. Forget editing—even playing back the footage on a PC was a pain in the neck.

The only ways we could view what we shot were directly from the camera (which was plagued by artifacting and choppiness) or using Divx 10—VLC, Quicktime, and other common players couldn't play the footage smoothly at all. And even with Divx the only computer we found that could run it was the Razer Blade Pro, a $2,500 high-end gaming laptop. Even our i7-based Macbook Pros struggled. HEVC footage is the future of 4K streaming, but with hardware support at least 18 months away we recommend using a 4K-ready external recorder or converting the footage to H.264 before trying to work with it.)

full review here if interested:

http://cameras.reviewed.com/content/samsung-nx1-digital-camera-review

thanks for looking I hope PD brings out a patch that improves the H265 CODEC

Tom G
Thank you all for the answers,

I suppose the 4k footage would have to be converted to mp4 or something so others could watch this on there systems!!!

I will just have to experiment when the time comes

Tom G
NX1_4k_H.265
let us know how you get on once you get the camera Please

I have to sell my Pentax K3 first and I want to see the first few reviews before I fully commit myself,
but I'm 99.9% certain it will be a great camera.
I hope Cyberlink PD13 will support the files
Tom G
Hi ynotfish
have you tried the files I find it strange because the camera is not out yet as Samsung are working on a new Firmware,
and no testers/reviewers have had the camera yet,

so can you tell me whom tested the files, you did say the raw files I'm talking about the movie files,
the camera does true 4k which is 4096 x 2160 it also does uhd 4k which is 3840 x 2160 these are the type of files the 4k televisions are using not full 4k,

I expect Adobe lightroom will update so it can convert the raw files nearer the time

I was looking at Cyberlink and it does say it will handle h265 4k movie files and I also no there will be a plugin for Adobe Premiere Pro
from a company called Cinemartin which is available soon
I know the raw files will be accessible within L.R when the camera comes out.

do you have any links to were the 4k movie files were being tested
sorry the post a bit long

cheers Tom G
Thanks ynotfish

for the link ,
just I'm planning on buying the new Samsung NX1 camera when it comes out in Nov:20/21st it does proper 4k video

Tom G

is PD13 using the h265 codec working ok,!!

i.e. can you export 4k footage using MP4 and the h265 codec without any hiccups
has anyone tried this yet

Thanks for the answers
Tom G
Hi there I believe H.265 with MP4 is the best codec as it keeps the file smaller and gives better quality than the H264

BUT I don't think YouTube supports this file yet although I stand to be corrected if anyone knows different
Cheers Tom G
Yes Barry the crab I agree with you
that's what Pinnacle is doing I got an email asking if I want to beta test there P.S.18
you can apply online.
or within there forum.
Maybe Cyberlink should take a lesson from there book and look for beta testers for the next PD14
that would save a lot of frustrated customers

Tom G
I still use version 12,
one can see the problems others are having ,
my advice is wait a few months 6mths at least before you even think of upgrade or purchase
Cyberlink is listening and I have no doubt
the will come out with patches soon

so far all Pd13 is doing is frustrating users I am not a first user of any software I learnt my lesson with Pinnacle a long time ago
but I must say i was impressed with the speed that Cyberlink brought out patches for version 12
so my advice is wait a few months let the first adopter beta testers find the problems.
I never understand mature users of Cyberlink having to be the first users as soon as PD13 came out,
you would think they would know better
so to the earlier adopters stop moaning just report the bugs to
Cyberlink so they get fixed ,
Then we the people whom hold of a few months can purchase and have a lot less frustration
just my opinion
Tom G
Thanks H for the link very interesting
Tom G
Thanks all for the response
I would like to say though I received an offer for PD12 full for £49 instead of £155 that's why I now know that
PD 13/14 will be out soon, when you start to get offers for a product at a vastly downgraded price
you know the new version is out soon

Tom G
Will there be a P.D. 13 or will they jump straight to 14

new PD will be out soooooooooooooon

anyone any information
Tom G
Have you read this about the new processor

http://hexus.net/tech/reviews/cpu/70473-intel-core-i7-4790k-devils-canyon-22nm-haswell/

Tom G
Hi all,
I would just like to say that it is good that Cyberlink is on top of the problems
with the release of their beta updates etc etc
I know I have vented some frustrations at times but I've began to relies that I have to be patient.
something I'm not good at????
cheers all and a Happy New Year

Tom G
Hi again have a look at the Sony RX10 xlent camera plus the video is xlent look at reviews on YouTube,
also www.dpreview.com
Cheers Tom G
Quote: Any suggestions given it is Black Friday? My daughter is looking for a DLSR style camera that shoots high quality video as well, so I'm keen on one that supports AVC 1080 50 (/60p) video. So far I've found the Nikon D5300 that seems to fit but other ideas?
Thanks
Nathan

have a look here the Sony a77 takes xlent video and Photos

link http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B005YXKCJ2/ref=asc_df_B005YXKCJ216127595?smid=A279IFG1G9WW35&tag=pricerunner-ce-3p-21&linkCode=asn&creative=22218&creativeASIN=B005YXKCJ2&ascsubtag=uk,27816,prsp_uk_stormsave,29,;f01211306d742c53ea4eee39dfd95b43

Tom G
Hi geoffdown1

Thanks for the answer

I goggled most of my problems and they are now sorted
Thank You for taking the time to post
Tom G
I have sorted my render preview problem out, it is working fine since I rolled back drivers

Although I would like to no why the hardware encoder is greyed out I have it enabled in preferences??
Tom G
I have just installed 331.58.
can someone tell me why when I go to produce the hardware encoder is greyed out
Thanks
Tom G
just an update on above post
have seen this NVIDIA driver version 331.58. so will try seems to be what others are using

Tom G
I have NVidia GPU is the 331 .65 the best drivers to use for PD12
also can you render part of the time line in PD12
all help appreciated
Tom G
My system info:
Asus mobo P6X58D, 12GB RAM, NVIDA GEFORCE GTX 560Ti,
i7 cpu 950 @3.07GHz, wd 600Gig sata 600- 10000rpm c\drive, 32MB Cache,
Plus other 3 harddrives 466GB IS E\DRIVE,
596GB IS D\DRIVE,
932GB IS G\DRIVE,
WINDOWS 7 Ultimate 64Bit