Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
My opinion on PD 13
Tomas G77
Member Location: Ayrshire Joined: Jun 13, 2008 08:54 Messages: 100 Offline
[Post New]
I still use version 12,
one can see the problems others are having ,
my advice is wait a few months 6mths at least before you even think of upgrade or purchase
Cyberlink is listening and I have no doubt
the will come out with patches soon

so far all Pd13 is doing is frustrating users I am not a first user of any software I learnt my lesson with Pinnacle a long time ago
but I must say i was impressed with the speed that Cyberlink brought out patches for version 12
so my advice is wait a few months let the first adopter beta testers find the problems.
I never understand mature users of Cyberlink having to be the first users as soon as PD13 came out,
you would think they would know better
so to the earlier adopters stop moaning just report the bugs to
Cyberlink so they get fixed ,
Then we the people whom hold of a few months can purchase and have a lot less frustration
just my opinion
Tom G Thomas G
I'm a 33yr old trapped in a 69yr old body
BarryTheCrab
Senior Contributor Location: USA Joined: Nov 06, 2008 22:18 Messages: 6240 Offline
[Post New]
A great many of these errors could have been caught with a BETA test, formal or informal, sparing CL a good deal of grief over a crappy release. Next time, if no actual BETA team, please release a version to Senior members and get some feedback.
Of course it IS possible there was a stealth BETA team in some other part of the globe, but if so, somebody dropped the ball and it rolled down a hill. HP Envy Phoenix/4thGen i7-4770(4@3.4GHz~turbo>3.9)
Nvidia GTX 960(4GB)/16GB DDR3/
Canon Vixia HV30/HF-M40/HF-M41/HF-G20/Olympus E-PL5.
Tape capture using 6 VCR, TBC-1000, Elite BVP4+, Sony D8 camcorder with TBC.
https://www.facebook.com/BarryAFTT
Pais [Avatar]
Member Joined: Dec 17, 2013 04:22 Messages: 51 Offline
[Post New]
I saw that a function is missing on PD13 : It lacks the function to import audio files from freesound.org on PD.
It was a very useful function. Messaggio agli italiani che utilizzano PowerDirector , ColorDirector o AudioDirector : http://bit.ly/1rKjrav
BarryTheCrab
Senior Contributor Location: USA Joined: Nov 06, 2008 22:18 Messages: 6240 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: I saw that a function is missing on PD13 : It lacks the function to import audio files from freesound.org on PD.
It was a very useful function.

Couldn't agree more, however Freesound altered their API so often for security, Cyberlink felt the need to drop them.
You can still go to Freesound and log-in there, it's a great site. HP Envy Phoenix/4thGen i7-4770(4@3.4GHz~turbo>3.9)
Nvidia GTX 960(4GB)/16GB DDR3/
Canon Vixia HV30/HF-M40/HF-M41/HF-G20/Olympus E-PL5.
Tape capture using 6 VCR, TBC-1000, Elite BVP4+, Sony D8 camcorder with TBC.
https://www.facebook.com/BarryAFTT
PapidoFrance45
Member Location: France-St jean le blanc Joined: Jan 21, 2011 05:06 Messages: 83 Offline
[Post New]
Hello ,

The number of stupid man testers must be very reduced before the exit(release) to avoid revealing the novelties in the course of test.

Cordially Hi All

Win10 64bits PRO OEM - i7 3820 3.6Ghz - 18Go de Ram-GTX960 (375.95)
Tomas G77
Member Location: Ayrshire Joined: Jun 13, 2008 08:54 Messages: 100 Offline
[Post New]
Yes Barry the crab I agree with you
that's what Pinnacle is doing I got an email asking if I want to beta test there P.S.18
you can apply online.
or within there forum.
Maybe Cyberlink should take a lesson from there book and look for beta testers for the next PD14
that would save a lot of frustrated customers

Tom G Thomas G
I'm a 33yr old trapped in a 69yr old body
Pais [Avatar]
Member Joined: Dec 17, 2013 04:22 Messages: 51 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: Couldn't agree more, however Freesound altered their API so often for security, Cyberlink felt the need to drop them.

I did not know this, thanks for the information
Quote: You can still go to Freesound and log-in there, it's a great site.

Sure, it's a great site. Messaggio agli italiani che utilizzano PowerDirector , ColorDirector o AudioDirector : http://bit.ly/1rKjrav
[Post New]
I have done a couple of short projects with PD13. There are some nice improvements in the interfaces and the added plugins that came with Director Suite 3.(still exploring all the changes) However, there is a significant performance hit especially when using the Titler Pro 1.0. I found that it is difficult to review edits on the timeline that occur the during and after the insertion of titles. The timeline marker jumps to the end of timeline. However, the improved titling capability is appreciated.

I will continue to use PD13 and report back interesting aberrations.
Michael8511
Contributor Location: U.S.A. Indiana Joined: Jan 14, 2012 16:12 Messages: 374 Offline
[Post New]
Well I got PD 13 today and installed it. I have be setting here playing with it. I have not had any crashes or problems yet. I did uninstall PD 11 and 12 before installing it. Intel i7 5960X overclock to 4 Ghz 16 GB of ram.
GoPro 4
Canon VIXIA HF G10
Canon EOS Rebel T3
Canon EOS 70D
My Vimeo Channel http://vimeo.com/user3339631/videos
borgus1 [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Feb 27, 2013 00:33 Messages: 1318 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: Next time, if no actual BETA team, please release a version to Senior members and get some feedback.

And, reinforcing Barry's plea, LISTEN to and ACT upon that feedback. Seasoned product users are an invaluable FREE resource.

Restating an earlier mention of how NOT to follow through - the extensive BETA testing of Windows 8. Early on, users warned not to remove the Start button. Only now, with W9 pending, has MS seen the error of their ways. Many regard 8/8.1 as another Vista.

Yet another example is their broken W8 FAX utility. MS forums noted this, even listed the fix. Yet it remained defunct when W8.1 was released a year later. Does MS pay attention to its own forums?

BETA tests are a waste of testers' efforts unless a company truly appreciates their value. Average end users quickly tire of having to troubleshoot. But that, unfortunately, if often the norm as products are RTM without adequate testing and documentation.

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Sep 23. 2014 20:48

Rhondaiscyberlink1bitch [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Oct 18, 2012 12:00 Messages: 8 Offline
[Post New]
I do not know if you do business with them but just in case I would like to let you know they are selling defective software and then forcing their customers to pay $30 more for tech support. I can't even get the software installed properly and they refuse to help unless I purchase their tech support. Please do not do business with them. They are running a big scam. If you know of any entity I could call to report them it would be greatly appreciated.
borgus1 [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Feb 27, 2013 00:33 Messages: 1318 Offline
[Post New]
Frustration is understandable, but there's no scam. Perhaps a setting or incompatibility...
Software from Taiwan. Operating system from the U.S. Video card from Korea, etc. What are the chances that software - from any company - will perform flawlessly for every user. Zilch!

PowerDirector functions well for hundreds, if not thousands of users. Folks here will help it do the same for you if you post specifics about your experience. Contributors to this forum are volunteers and most have no connection whatsoever with the company. In your post, include an attachment of your dxDiag file. See the "Welcome" sticky post at the top of this forum - parts A & B. No personal info is given.

You can also apply for a refund (30 days), if the software was purchased from Cyberlink...
https://asknet-en.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/2215/kw/refund

If purchased from a retail store, try negotiating with them.

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Sep 25. 2014 23:47

[Post New]
Why would you knowingly sell software that is a problem and then refuse to help unless I pay $30 for tech support?
This has gone on for almost three weeks. I have done everything they ask and they still will not provide me with tech support. How come I have to pay to get my software to work.
[Post New]
And all I did was try to upgrade. I have been using your product for years and this is how you treat your customers.
[Post New]
I don't want money back. They resent me 11 and it did not work. They sent me another download did not work. Come on dude. I have read the forums. This us done to everybody. And yih never fix it. Instead you keep selling the bad software. Common sense if this is not a scam why don't you correct the problems with your software or not sell it?
[Post New]
Can I 've sent a box copy if the siftware? And then we are done forever. But until I get a working copy of 11. I am going to send my message everywhere. And no I can not do all that stuff because I am limited due to a debilitating illness.
Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Rhondaiscyberlink1bitch,
As has been pointed out to you, here on the forum we are not CyberLink. I can however pass on your email and issues to CyberLink in Taiwan for them to contact you. Please provide your email and support ticket reference number via PM.
As for the $30 charge for voice support, pay it if you need it, most issues can be sorted via email, images and data supplied as borgus1 has asked for.
I also know that CyberLink can, if you allow them to, control your computer, to locate the issue. You would have to sort that with them via email etc.
I have asked for email and support ticket number via PM and this data would get the issue started to be sorted by CyberLink.
Dafydd
[Post New]
I am on disability and do not have the $30. Plus I just got the downloads. Why should I pay for tech support for something I just purchased? How do you sell defective merchandise and then expect the buyer to pay to get it fix?
I would so welcome any assistance. They can take over my computer. I have no problem with that. I welcome that.
This has been going on for three weeks. I have done everything they have asked. I have editing projects that are pass due. And all this because I tried to upgrade.
My email is rhondaegibson@gmail.com
215-888-9089.
Please please pass it on because I have lost money that I needed. I am broken. No gas money, no food money. I am do upset with them for treating me like this. I have been using cyberlink since 2008. Please please help me. I am at my wits end.
I am in tears writing this.
The latest order number is cs001398592. But like I Saud this has been going on for three weeks.
1Nina
Senior Contributor Location: Norway, 50km southwest of Oslo Joined: Oct 08, 2008 04:12 Messages: 1070 Offline
[Post New]
Rhondaiscyberlink1bitch ,

If I have missed something, please correct me - but I can't seem to find what exactly you
are experiencing with PD13. Does it crash? Not opening? Not activating? Do something in the user
interface disappear? Not producing? Not importing?

You say "defective merchandise" - but that does not help us helping you.
Could you describe what problem(s) you encounter the best you know how -
and do that in a new thread?
That way there is a chance someone here can give you a little help, or at least
suggestions to try out.

Nina

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Sep 26. 2014 12:30

Just something.
https://www.petitpoisvideo.com
fkaMikeB
Senior Member Location: Ohio, USA Joined: Aug 09, 2014 23:22 Messages: 217 Offline
[Post New]
If someone can PM me and prove that R... is legitimate, I will pay the $30.00.

I don't think she is within 100 mi. of me, otherwise I would offer help in person.

If there is a mobile tech support service nearby, maybe they can help her in person?

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Sep 26. 2014 12:40

Mike B.
|>>PowerSpecG311 PC(2014)<<||>>Windows®7Pro 64-bit OS<<|
|MB:AsRock FM2A88X Extreme6+|CPU:AMD A10-7850KQuad 3.7GHz|RAM:8GB DDR3|GPU:MSI Radeon™R7 250 1GD5OC|
|HDD:Toshiba DT01ACA100 1TB|HDD:WD Red 2TBx2|RAID:SansDigital TR5M+B 2TBx3|BD-R:LG BE14NU40 Ext|
|Camera:Canon Ultura miniDV|WebCam:Logitech C910|ADVC110 Analog/Digital Converter|
|PowerDirector12Ultra.2930|PhotoDirector5Ultra.5424|AudioDirector4Ultra.3522|Cyberlink MediaSuite10 OEM|