Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Moving Line with Ship
JRod9614 [Avatar]
Newbie Location: San Antonio, TX Joined: Oct 13, 2013 23:57 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
I purchased PowerDirector because it looks like its easier and faster than Adobe Preimere Elements 11. I just created a lot of MP4's of TV series. I really want to use PowerDirector 13 to Make movies of our Cruises we take twice a year. I normally do Maps with a Line and Ship showing From and to locations. Is there andy way to do what I have done on Adobe and attached to this Topic.
 Filename
2009 Carnival Cruise Map Route All 720p 1280x720p.mp4
[Disk]
 Description
2009 Carnival Cruise Map Route
 Filesize
18017 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
152 time(s)
 Filename
Tutorial Moving Line with Ship .mp4
[Disk]
 Description
Tutorial on Adobe Preimere Elements 11
 Filesize
5264 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
231 time(s)
J G Rodriguez
San Antonio, TX
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Hi JRod9614 -

PowerDirector can animate the object (cruise ship) and draw the route - but in two completely separate operations. These can be overlaid to get what you're after.

Another option is to use a free piece of software called "Route Generator". There are some useful tips *here* It will generate an AVI file or you can use screen capture software to make the video.

Generating the route/path/line in PDR is a messy thing, but are ways to clean that up... involves a few extra steps.

Cheers - Tony
Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Here's a quick little video - generated in Route Generator & processed in PDR. Simple.

https://youtu.be/ktRP8RBBbc0

Cheers - Tony

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Sep 12. 2015 05:31

Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
tomasc [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 25, 2011 12:33 Messages: 6464 Offline
[Post New]
I downloaded and installed the map creator 2.0 free edition that was here used in the first post. The data for maps created comes from a really slow server from that company. The map is of course watermarked like in JRod's first video clip. The created 1920x1080 tif will not be saved. Have to do a screenshot and save that.

The map creator studio included will allow to to go through the motion of creating and saving the route. The saved route avi is never created. It is like a demo only. I followed the tutorials from primap.com: http://www.primap.com/Files/en/MapCreatorStudio_Tutorial.pdf and nothing is ever saved.

The screenshots of the watermarked maps are about the only useful thing. If someone can get the free edition to work, then you can use the created video in any video editing software. I do love all those Australian maps in those included samples.
BarryTheCrab
Senior Contributor Location: USA Joined: Nov 06, 2008 22:18 Messages: 6240 Offline
[Post New]
I am 100 MILLION percent a fan of Route Generator, and have placed my own utterly ridiculous icons into the routes with ease. Fun little program, I have a link to it on my website. You'll not do better than RG. HP Envy Phoenix/4thGen i7-4770(4@3.4GHz~turbo>3.9)
Nvidia GTX 960(4GB)/16GB DDR3/
Canon Vixia HV30/HF-M40/HF-M41/HF-G20/Olympus E-PL5.
Tape capture using 6 VCR, TBC-1000, Elite BVP4+, Sony D8 camcorder with TBC.
https://www.facebook.com/BarryAFTT