Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
PhD 7 hangs after patch
[Post New]
I just installed Director Suite 4 upgrade from PowerDirector, when I opened Photo Director for the 1st time it worked with no problems.

I installed the Patch for PhD 7 from my product page and now the program opens and hangs with no control, with the splash screen staying up after closing the program. I have to close it out intask manager.

Also tried to run as admin.

How can I reinstall photo director as it came with the suite?

Thanks

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Nov 28. 2015 13:50

Tim [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Nov 28, 2015 08:55 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
I'm having the same issue. I just purchased PD 7 today and downloaded it. Ran the installer and it hangs when I open it for the first time. It just sits on the splash screen with not control.

I downloaded the patch and installed but still didn't fix the problem.

I've tried changing my graphics setting and resolution; still not working.

Please help.

Thanks.
[Post New]
Hello jcmu & Tim,

Welcome to the PhD forum "laughing"

Your symptoms are not the same, but we'll do our best to sort out the issues.

jcmu - your initial installation worked, but not after the 6901 patch was installed. The only way to revert to the previous build of PhD7 (for you) is to uninstall & re-install.

Go to Control Panel > Programs & Features & select Director Suite 4 to uninstall. In the dialogue box, select only PhotoDirector7 & uninstall it. After completion, reinstall by the reverse procedure.

Tim - you're unable to get PhD to run at all. Perhaps there's other software running that is blocking PhD (I've seen that previously with PDR). I'd first try an uninstall/reinstall to see if that corrects the issue.

PIX PIX YouTube channel
[Post New]
Thanks PIX,

I was able to uninstall and reinstall and it opened up fine..
But..

None of the menu buttons work at the top. ie. File, Edit, help etc.
[Post New]
jmcu,

Are you running Windows 10? There was a lengthy thread here - http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/25/45191.page - where the causes & solutions were as perplexing as the problem!

PIX PIX YouTube channel
jcvideo [Avatar]
Newbie Location: France near Paris Joined: Sep 03, 2015 17:21 Messages: 7 Offline
[Post New]
Hello,

I have the same issue.

After application of last corrective patch, PhotoDirector 7 crash just after openning.

I try to uninstall and reinstall only PhotoDirector7 in the suite 4

=> now Photodirector crash with or without last patch

I try to uninstall and reinstall entire DirectorSuite 4 with Revo Uninstaller pro (with cleaning register and )

=> idem Photodirector crash

I requested an help to Cyberlink support, they had givne a complexe procedure to unsinstall and reinstall Photodirector 7

=> idem No success, always the same problem

I am waiting an new answer from Cyberlink support ...

JC

OS : W7 (x64) - MB Asus Z97A - cpu I7 4790K - Graphic board Nvidia geforce GTX960 Asus
Ed71 [Avatar]
Senior Member Location: Dorset, United Kingdom Joined: May 17, 2008 14:32 Messages: 207 Offline
[Post New]
I also have the same issue - (gets as far as the splash screen then hangs with no control - only way to stop is via task manager) - have just done a 'fresh install' of windows 10 onto new SSD drive

Re-installed Director Suite 4 - problem now occured with PhotoDirector

It has been running fine for a few months; since Director Suite 4 installation & then upgrade to Windows 10 (done as upgrade from Windows 8.1 not a fresh install at the time)

(Not 100% sure but I think may have run the first time I installed it last night!? Fairly sure I checked all at least ran.)

Any help appreciated!

(just to clarify - have tried both re-installing PhotoDirector on its own then complete Suite re-installation with no luck - with all associated registry cleaning etc in between)
[Thumb - 2015-12-12.png]
 Filename
2015-12-12.png
[Disk]
 Description
screenshot
 Filesize
168 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
194 time(s)

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Dec 12. 2015 11:10

Director Suite 365
AMD FX-8320 3.50 GHz Eight-Core
Samsung SSD 850 EVO 250gb (OS)
Seagate 2TB SATA-III Hybrid 7200RPM Hard Drive (Data)
Toshiba 4TB SATA-III Hard drive (Archive)
24GB Memory
Nvidia GeForce GTX 650 2gb
Microsoft® Windows 10 (64-bit)
[Post New]
Members,

I'm sorry you're having such annoying difficulties with PhD7 and Win10. It makes PhD unuseable undecided It's clearly a widespread issue & I'll report it to the R&D team again to see if we can hurry up a fix!

PIX PIX YouTube channel
Ed71 [Avatar]
Senior Member Location: Dorset, United Kingdom Joined: May 17, 2008 14:32 Messages: 207 Offline
[Post New]
Now mine has decided to work!

Unfortunately not able to say what had changed to make it work - it just does.

(had not restarted or anything since last tried)

Have now re-installed the latest patch and still all going OK

Some weird Windows glitch? Had started to wonder if it was a recent update (Windows 10 v 1511) which I had only recieved as part of the fresh install, so had not been part the previous trouble free installation. But now it has corrected itself?! Director Suite 365
AMD FX-8320 3.50 GHz Eight-Core
Samsung SSD 850 EVO 250gb (OS)
Seagate 2TB SATA-III Hybrid 7200RPM Hard Drive (Data)
Toshiba 4TB SATA-III Hard drive (Archive)
24GB Memory
Nvidia GeForce GTX 650 2gb
Microsoft® Windows 10 (64-bit)
[Post New]
The same issue here!

It worked about a week with patch and suddenly stopped working! Just hangs without any reaction. Windows 10 Pro

ok guys

problem solved so far. I had to remove USB memory stick from PC. Now PhotoDirector loads and works normally. Cyberlink crew you need to fix this!

regards!

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jan 12. 2016 13:19

[Post New]
Today mine pd7 stopped working again. Just like that... without any reason
Terminal [Avatar]
Member Joined: Dec 30, 2015 22:38 Messages: 56 Offline
[Post New]
This looks like a good thread to shove THIS THREAD in to:

http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/46995.page

About way down shows my PD7 issue.
[Post New]
I tried to reinstall first but nothing happened. Next I removed the project with all raw photos(300) and settings and appdata and it started to work again. I increased memory usage in settings by a lot and memory for cache now and if it repeat again I'll report this issue to the support.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jan 22. 2016 02:36

HSing [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Mar 01, 2016 21:03 Messages: 3 Offline
[Post New]
My problem is a new inistall, but the symptoms are similar to this thread. I purchased and installed PhD7, version 7.0.7123. The splash screen appears, but there is no mouse or keyboard control. Task manager > end task is required to close the app. I contacted customer support and opened CS001596830. Their response was for me to download and install version 7.0.6901. I did and the result was the same. I updated the ticket March 3 and have heard nothing back from them. Attached are 1) dxdiag.txt 2) Report.WER.txt, and 3) Application.event.log. You all know what the splash screen looks like.
 Filename
Application.event.log.txt
[Disk]
 Description
Application Event Log
 Filesize
2 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
374 time(s)
 Filename
DxDiag20160308.txt
[Disk]
 Description
DXDIAG
 Filesize
66 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
333 time(s)
 Filename
Report.wer.txt
[Disk]
 Description
Report.WER
 Filesize
4 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
337 time(s)
[Post New]
Try to remve usb data drives and other devices. Start PC with basic configuration and see what's happening.
HSing [Avatar]
[Post New]
karab44, I tried that right after I read your post of 12/01/2016 09:51:49. The only USB devices I'm using at the moment are a USB mouse and keyboard. No effect. Thanks for pointing it out.

HSing [Avatar]
[Post New]
PhD 7 freeze on startup issue has changed for me.

I had an unrelated issue where an external USB3 hard drive was not recognized by Windows. The external drive worked fine on a USB2 port, but I needed the USB3 speed. So I opened my PC case and disconnected the internal USB3 cable to the front of my case. Then I connected the external drive to a motherboard port. External drive recognized, USB3 speed realized. Yay.

I wondered if that would fix my PhD7 issue. Well, yes and no. If I log in with a regular user account, PhD 7 continues to freeze on startup. If I login as an administrator, PhD 7 actually starts up. I guess that's progress.

So, how do I get PhD 7 not to freeze on startup when using a non-privileged account? Any ideas?

Thanks,

HSing
[Post New]
Check all the paths PhotoDirector's tries to access. Probably it can't reach some directories.