Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Hi Carl,

USA, near Philadelphia, PA.
PD11 set for US NTSC, no PAL settings in PD11 that I am aware of.
The "old TV DVD player" is a Toshiba and has been in use for the last 8 years, and typically works very well with store bought and home made DVDs (prior to PD11).

The clips are at 24fps, and when the intermediate PD11 file is made into a DVD with Adobe Premier Elements 11, it plays fine on the old DVD player with no pixilation. The PD11 Produced file is AVC 1920x1080, 24p (16Mbps) and for the 58 min of content is 6.33GB. The DVD is at 3.9GB.

When I imported the 24fps files into PD11, I get a notice that they are not 30fps and asked if I want to sync to the project, I said no. Now when I made the first DVDs that showed the pixilation but would play on the DVD player, I think I agreed to the syncing. Those made more recently when I used the pac file to move from the old computer to the new ASUS computer, I did not sync.

So can I sync the clips to 30 for the PD11 edit mode after the fact? Then I can test if that is the reason the PD11 discs are not read by the DVD player.

Yet there is no pixilation or no problem being read if the intermediate file is made by PD11 and then imported to APE11 to DVD creation. And that is a video file made from the un-synced clips.
STATUS UPDATE:
I made several discs; all DVD-R, all from the origional clips with no intermediate produced file.
slower speed - went from 8 to 4 or 3.0
yes and no enhanced in preferrences
folder and no folder on DVD create
All DVDs made to date with PD11, Adobe Premier Elements 11 or Pinnacle 12 have had no menues.

In PD11, with folder the 60 min content took 1 hr to write at a speed of 4.0, with no folder took about 25 minues, even at a write speed of 3.0. Both DVDs had no pixilation.

For yes/no enhanced - both had no pixilation at the slower write speeds.

Seems that the answer for no pixilation is to write at a slower speed of 3.0 or 4.0.

BUT none of these could be read by my old TV DVD player, yet the one I made with Adobe Premier Elements could be read, as well as ones made with Pinnacle 12. But at least I have a way to make DVDs via PD11-produced file with APE using the other awesome features of PD11, especially the subtitles.

I agree the quality of the blank DVD is key. While I have had no problems or evidence that my pack of 50 Memorex -R DVDs have a problem, I agree they may not be as good as the Falcon or other DVD's. I got the Falcon's from WTS Media who back them 100% with a lifetime guarantee. They sent them to me instead of Taiyo Yuden and report they do as well or better in terms of customer claims and at a savings of $8/100. BTW, WTS will not give a lifetime guarantee for the Verbatim 52x they sell as a lower cost alternative.

Since I have had good results of no pixilation and able to play on the old TV DVD player by not burning with PD11, I do not think the burner or the blank DVDs I am using are key factors. I maybe wrong, but that is what it looks like to me.

Any other ideas?
I made a DVD from the source clips in PD11 following your sugestions. Write speed was set on 8, so I changed it to 4.
Resulting DVD had no pixilation! Yahoo!

It would play on my older computer. That is where I saw the pixilation had gone, BUT the DVD disc would not play in my old TV DVD player. Error is "Incorrect DVD." With a DVD made from a produced movie file with Adobe Premier Elements, that DVD ran on the old TV DVD player. So we are halfway there.
Will do, thanks!
Thank you for the ideas. I will do them. I understand how to do all of them but "slow the burn speed."
I know how to do this in Nero, but not in DP11
I just created a DVD using Adobe Premier Elements, running on the ASUS computer, and it looks GREAT! No pixilation, totally in sync audio-video througout.

So I think there is no problem in producing the file in PD11, the problem is in burning the DVDs.

Any ideas?
When I make DVDs with PD11 they are pixilated or blocked. See it about every 6 seconds. These are mostly head shots in a presentation, so the subject is still. The pixilation is over the face region. I have done a variety of tests to spot problem, but no answers so far.

Source is 8 clips from Canon 6D, 24 fps, ALL-1 compression, for about 60 minutes of final DVD. I have tried sync/not sync with DP11 when I import the clips for editing. No difference on final DVD - all have the pixilation. Editing is entirely split and trim. NO pixilation is seen during PD11 editing in HD mode, but do see lots of lip sync errors. Then the lip sync comes back in.

First DVDs were with no editing or denoise on audio. Adio track was produced and then normalized and denoised with RX2-Izotope. Made no difference on the final DVD pixilation problem. PD11 auto sets to MPEG-2 format for DVD production.

I am using Memorex and Falcom high quality DVDs. I used same to make DVDs from Pinnicle 12 and have no problem. Even made one where I was testing settings on Canon Vixia HF S10 camcorder where went from 60-30-24 fps and got no pixilation on the mixed fps DVD.

PD11 DVDs created with MPEG-2 in 3:4 and 9:16, got pixilation in both. Also made a AVC 24 fps at 16Mbps file and then used that to create the DVD, still got the pixilation. Although it moved from about every 6 seconds to about every 8 seconds. Always over the face and head where the motion is.

Please help.
Hi yes, sorry, Yes I am using Power Director 11, Ultimate Suite. I just ckecked and my GPU driver is up to date.

Problem acts like a mask on the video timeline. In the regiono where it is blacked out, just before it shows a subtittle, it flashes the video, then the video goes black and the subtitle is displayed..

Thank you for your help
Task: adding informational text mid clip
Using Title room and simple style with letters only.
I did one similar and worked fine, but after is revised the duration to 30 seonds, it went back to what is in the settings, 10 seconds.

I want to add informational text in many places in the video, like notes on the bottom of the screen.

I was woking on inserting a title and the preview screen went black, no video clip, and only show the title the text I put in. the audio plays but for the rest of the clip the video is either gone or blacked out. Then on the next clip the preview of the video comes back on.
1. Which operating system do you use, Vista 32
2. Which version of PD, 11.0.0.2027;
3. Which SR number SR: PSU120822-01
4. What kind of video source material used (codec / container), extension? We often ask for a 5 to 10 second sample , please provide one as an attachment. MOV, 24fps, 1920-1020, Canon ALL-1 compression
6. What anti-virus solution is installed on your PC? Webroot
7. What codec packs installed? See PD's Readme html file I am not sure if this is what you mean
[Build_Info]
SR_No=PUS120822-01
Setup=20180
Branch=Generic_AutoSK
3D_Transition=120827_Default
OLReg_RC=120709v7.5
Promotion=120809
Fonts=100825
Titles=120824_Retail
Profiles=120806
Plugin_Loc=120718
Styles=120816_Retail
MUI=120823
PiPObject=120831_Retail
Readme=-
Help=120820
RC=120828_52820
TrialDialog_RC=120820v5
Menu=120803_Retail
OLReg_Skin=v110224
Background=120711_Default
SetupString=120530_1309
OLREG_PNG=PowerDirector_11
EULA=120706
Slideshow=120804_Retail
AutoSK=svn:20172
SKR_Ver=13628_30961
Branch_AutoSK=Generic
DisplayBuildNumber=11.0.0.2027
MUIStartMenu=1401a
TrialDialog=126820
OLReg=7.5.0.4424
RunTime=120823_Retail
Kernel=2027
SR_Ver=11.00.210303
TR_No=TR120904-017

8. What other video editing programs are installed - just in case there is a software conflict. Adobe Premier Elements, Pinacle 12, MS Movie Maker, but none on at the same time as PD11.
9. What burning software is installed on your PC? the above video editing plus Windows Media, Nero 7, Canon Pixela, burn aware free
yes, I see the files well enought to edit them. Often the voice-video are out of sync, and then suddenly come back in. When I go to fine detail to edit, seems to track well then.

I am mostly using SPLIT as my edit tool. To cut off intro, outro and stumble sections in the middle of a clip. I will add text and a few transitions later. Most of this is talking head stuff.

I am doing this to send to a TV station and they want DVD on disc. So the best I can do is make a DVD at the hightest quality, about 30 minutes per DVD disc, and let them do what they want with it.

Am I correct in assuming that when I render to DVD disc the frame rate will be OK, or converted to 30fps?

I am glad to hear that PD will process the 24fps just fine without damaging the source files, and then as I render to file (MOV, MPEG4, etc.), adjust the frame rate of the output files. Is that correct?
I shot my video in Canon 6D at 24fps (23.976), 1920x1080. Image is displayed screen at 16:9. The 6D produces MOV files. What do I need to do edit and make DVDs with this frame rate?
Go to: