Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
sorry double post
Regarding PowerDVD Ultra 3730 under vista sp1. ATI 3870 graphics card with Catalyst 8.3 (same with 8.2).

I can play DVDs fine under media player, but not under powerdvd ultra. Its almost like powerdvd gives me a frame by frame view (extremly choppy).

Ive tried turning off and on HW acceleration, changing deinterlace settings and so on, it didnt help at all.

Anyone got a clue?

thx in advance.
Catalyst 7.8 just came out. And guess what now everything is working perfect. Guess the good driver development team came back from vacation.

No more blinking every 15 seconds when watching HD-DVD on PowerDVD Ultra 7.3 with patch 3104 R1 when connected through a receiver (with catalyst 7.6 and 7.7). They fixed their HDCP issue!

Everything is perfect now.

Btw under Vista x64
Further update:

Problem is located with hdmi connections/chain. Dont know if this is a card/driver thing or a powerdvd problem.

No blinking problem:
2600xt -> dvi-d -> monitor .Playing hd-dvds with hdcp just fine.

Blinking problem arrives when:
2600xt with ati dvi/hdmi adapter -> HDMI CABLE -> yamaha rx-v1700 receiver -> HDMI to DVI-D Cable -> Monitor. Entire screen blinks every 15 seconds, while watching hd-dvd with hdcp. Backup hd-dvds from disk without hdcp plays fine.

While a PS3 has no problem doing:
PS3-> HDMI CABLE -> Yamaha RX-V1700 -> HDMI to DVI-D Cable - Monitor. Playing blu-ray with hdcp perfectly.
Been doing some more testing. Something is clearly wrong with hdcp and the 2600x and/or powerdvdt it seems, even though powerdvd checks out green on hdcp for both screen and card. Might be the driver, or only the vista x64 driver. Dont know.

Lets put it like this:

ps3 -> yamaha 1700 receiver -> m4200c screen fine.

2600xt -> yamaha 1700 receiver -> m4200c causes the entire screen to blink every 15 seconds when wathing hd-dvd with hdcp in powerdvd ultra.

Making a backup to disk stripping hdcp, then the movie plays fine without the 15 second blink.

Before this computer had a x1900gt and had no problems with hd-dvd hdcp content. Only other diffrence is that when i had x1900gt it was vista x86. now its vista x64.
Still got the blinking with the 3104 R1 patch released today. Are cyberlink even reading this forum?
Well im trying with 3104.

Ive noticed more. Ive timed the blinking its exactly every 15 seconds.
Each time it blinks powerdvd.exe cpu usage increases with 5% in task manager, then goes down 5% again.

And when it blinks even the desktop blinks. You can put powerdvd playing a hd-dvd down on your start bar still playing. Right now this windows im typing in blinks every 15 seconds.

This only happens while playing hd-dvd. Not when playing dvd.....
Nope that didnt help. Tried most lines. Still the same.

Did you also do something in video options in CCC?

Thanks for answering
And what did you select under hardware deinterlacing? weave? bob? or some of the other strange options?

No matter what i seem to do I still get that blinking.
Major Bug with PowerDVD Ultra 7.3 3104 (dunno if this bug was in earlier versions, new computer).

Every 20 or so seconds there is a blink while watching HD-DVD movies (Its almost like a frame is missing, very anyoing.).

With both Official ATI Catalyst 7.6 and 7.7 (released today).

OS Vista x64
CPU Intel Core 2
Chipset Intel P35
Graphics Adapter ATI 2600XT (Supposed to give best acceleration ever)
Memory 4GB
HD-DVD XBOX 360 HD-DVD
After upgrading to the 2723 version I was able to watch the entire Pitch Black HD-DVD yesterday without a stop.

But I cant say for sure that it's fixed since i've only watched one movie.
This is a newer version than 2605n: http://download.cyberlink.com/ftpdload/patch/powerdvd/upgradetov2/DVD070301-04/PowerDVD_Ultra.exe

I think its 2723.

You need to have powerdvd ultra installed and activated ofc. You also need to activate again after installation.

Havent tested it yet. But have installed it.
Installed the latest patch for ultra: http://www.cyberlink.com/multi/download/patches_112_ENU.html

Now powerdvd dosent close on me. Instead it hangs sometimes when playing dvds. I can watch a dvd for 10 minutes then suddenly powerdvd stops playing the video and the audio sutters. Then after maybe 20 seconds or so it continues where it left of. lol

This is worse than powerdvd closing. If I have high audio on when this happens im risking damage to expensive tannoy eyris surround system.

My speakers costs 4000 USD and i really cant have this software risking my speakers if it stops in a high sound place on a dvd and starts stuttering for 20 seconds.

Common can you please make a working software. I see nero has come out with a plugin for 25 usd who can do hd-dvd and bluray. Anyone tested it?
Got a message saying RichVideo Servie could not be removed or something like that during innstalation of this update on vista (just one option, click ok).

But it continued updating. Seems ok. But Cyberlink RichVideo Service(CRVS) is still running as a service. Is it supposed to?
That patch is not for powerdvd ultra 7.3 which im using.

Im running Vista Home Premium 32 bit.
While playing a dvd in powerdvd under vista it suddenly stops then closes. This happens a lot. Media Center who is free included with vista dosent stop while playing the same dvds.

Here this is from the event log:

Faulting application PowerDVD.exe, version 7.0.2602.0, time stamp 0x45c349ed, faulting module ole32.dll, version 6.0.6000.16386, time stamp 0x4549bd92, exception code 0xc0000005, fault offset 0x00041144, process id 0x1534, application start time 0x01c777c3be9e9437.

Mainboard is Nforce 430 chipset based (with 5th feb nvidia driver pack)
Graphics card: ATI X1900GT (dosent matter if hw acceleration is on or off)
Directx from february 2007
Audio Creative X-fi (driver from 15th of mars)
Go to: