Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
2600XT + Catalyst 7.8 fixed everything
nighteagle [Avatar]
Member Joined: Feb 09, 2007 10:46 Messages: 58 Offline
[Post New]
Catalyst 7.8 just came out. And guess what now everything is working perfect. Guess the good driver development team came back from vacation.

No more blinking every 15 seconds when watching HD-DVD on PowerDVD Ultra 7.3 with patch 3104 R1 when connected through a receiver (with catalyst 7.6 and 7.7). They fixed their HDCP issue!

Everything is perfect now.

Btw under Vista x64 AMP: Hegel H100, DAC: Hegel HD2, Speakers: Tannoy Revolution Signature DC6T, TV: Samsung PS63C7705 (pn63c8000) 63", HTPC: NVIDIA GTX 680, Windows 7 SP1 x64 with blu-ray
fishyuk [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Aug 14, 2007 18:51 Messages: 25 Offline
[Post New]
Glad it worked for you. Actually it broke my setup and I've had to roll back to 7.7! I have a 2600XT also and 7.7 worked well on XP Pro SP2 with my setup (Samsung 40" 1080p LCD TV).

Essentially I have to modify the overscan settings in the radeon control panel to get the image to fit my screen (too small otherwise) via DVI. Using 7.7 this setting applied to all applications including HD-DVD playback via Cyberlink Ultra. Moving to 7.8 it applied to all applications barring Cyberlink Ultra HD-DVD so I can only guess there is some issue between Avivo acceleration, Cyberlink Ultra and Catalyst 7.8 over/underscan settings.

I've since upgrade to a clean install of Vista Home Premium x32 and the same issue applies. Again I've had to go back to 7.7. Luckily 7.7 seems solid for me on the HD-DVD playback front.