Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Using a WMC remote?
TheDudeiswatching [Avatar]
Member Joined: Sep 19, 2010 00:20 Messages: 80 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,
I know you can control PDVD 11 with an Android App, but I am wondering if it will also recognize a Windows Media Center IR remote. I'm thinking of picking one up. My preferance would be to continue to use PDVD 11 as stand alone, but I don't always want my wireless keyboard on the sofa. Anybody tried this?

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Dec 20. 2011 13:18

amandasmith [Avatar]
Member Joined: Dec 05, 2011 03:30 Messages: 53 Offline
[Post New]
The PDVD inside WMC lacks this setting, and yet it doesn't use the setting in the main stand alone player.

But I do love the picture quality of PDVD. I tried FFDshow/CoreAVC/MPC-HC and none of them can quite match the quality PDVD produces. I use an ATI 4550 with hardware acceleration.
TheDudeiswatching [Avatar]
Member Joined: Sep 19, 2010 00:20 Messages: 80 Offline
[Post New]
Well,
as an FYI - a WMC remote will control most playback functions for PowerDVD even when not running within WMC. It was a good addition to my system allowing almost complete remote control once the software is started.
blazeeon [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jan 22, 2012 18:21 Messages: 3 Offline
[Post New]
it works just fine with a WMC remote. I have an RC6, Xbox remote, Harmony 890, and URC MX980 all of which work without a problem