Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
yep pain in the backside.
you will have to get in touch with customer support and they will give you a link for a download version and that will cure it.
there has been many problems with ultra and blu-ray as you will find in these forums.
check you have latest patch installed build 2217a i think.
if you have then try anydvd just google it its from slysoft and you get a 21 day free trial and see if that cures your problem.
if it does then its an hdcp protection problem like most people have with this software and theres no easy fix sorry
good news is if anydvd works then you can keep installing the free trial and away you go. good luck!
they may be right in it being your catalyst driver i have had some issues with these aswell although not with hardware acceleration. it seems strange that it worked with 7.3. have you tried updating the driver via device manager in windows instead of the catalyst installer, because i ended up using that many drivers all the way from 7.9-8.4 for one different problem or another i had to do a complete uninstall of them all and reinstall the latest version. As it seems in vista that they got messed up. its worth a try still think it may be powerdvd8 and ati compatibility though, as 8 is not as good as 7.3 for me with certain dvds.
is it that you cant select ati hardware in configuration or is it blanked out.
seems weve just got to percivere just now.
i got a reply from the techies and it turns out there is a few problems with this new version and there working on a patch to resolve the issue.
if you cant wait till then, anydvd which works along with your blu-ray/hd drive helps massiveley try the free trial for 21 days hopefully patch will be out by then
I Recently upgraded to 8 ultra and it still has problems with ATI Graphics cards i have a hd2900xt card and every now and then it wont play Blu-ray dvds and keeps saying non hdcp graphics card ive tried all the drivers with no luck.
you can reinstall a driver and then it will work for a while then the next time you start it up it wont???
i actually had less problems with 7.3ultra with patches installed??
ive also noticed that version 8 doesnt have the ATI Logo on the welcome screen like 7.3 had???
is anyone else having problems with ATI Cards in general?
brilliant! yeah it has activated now but guess what it wont play blu-ray dvds when i registered it with cyberlink they say its a trial version
so i get to pay for a package that doesnt work ive emailed the techies but no response to me this is the worst customer service i have recieved yet.
should have gone to nero8.
i,m having exact same problems to how many server crashes can they have come on cyberlink sort it out!
Go to: