Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
PowerDVD 8 Ultra - Blu-rays have blank screen, plays sound.
Richard [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jan 04, 2009 16:52 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
A very frustrating problem.

On trying to play Blu-ray movies (the Dark Knight, There Will be Blood, Assassination of Jesse James) I get sound but no picture, the text on menu's and pop up menu's appear and function.

My system passes all BD advisor system checks.

I have an ATI Radeon X1950 with the latest drivers.

Many thanks for any thoughts.
paul [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jan 23, 2008 15:24 Messages: 12 Offline
[Post New]
there has been many problems with ultra and blu-ray as you will find in these forums.
check you have latest patch installed build 2217a i think.
if you have then try anydvd just google it its from slysoft and you get a 21 day free trial and see if that cures your problem.
if it does then its an hdcp protection problem like most people have with this software and theres no easy fix sorry
good news is if anydvd works then you can keep installing the free trial and away you go. good luck!
Richard [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jan 04, 2009 16:52 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
Many thanks for your thoughts.

I have, I'm happy to say found a way around this problem. It required using driver sweeper on the ati drivers and a total re-install of hi-def suite.
beni_k [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jan 17, 2009 09:51 Messages: 7 Offline
[Post New]
try to change the refresh rate of the monitor to 85 hertz.