Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
power DVD8 Ultra ATI
paul [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jan 23, 2008 15:24 Messages: 12 Offline
[Post New]
I Recently upgraded to 8 ultra and it still has problems with ATI Graphics cards i have a hd2900xt card and every now and then it wont play Blu-ray dvds and keeps saying non hdcp graphics card ive tried all the drivers with no luck.
you can reinstall a driver and then it will work for a while then the next time you start it up it wont???
i actually had less problems with 7.3ultra with patches installed??
ive also noticed that version 8 doesnt have the ATI Logo on the welcome screen like 7.3 had???
is anyone else having problems with ATI Cards in general?

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Apr 17. 2008 12:19

William [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Apr 11, 2008 00:38 Messages: 5 Offline
[Post New]
I could not get ATI hardware acceleration working with my 2400 Pro. Customer support was less than helpful, saying it was a driver issue and that I needed to contact ATI. 7.3 accelerates just fine on the same machine.
paul [Avatar]
[Post New]
seems weve just got to percivere just now.
i got a reply from the techies and it turns out there is a few problems with this new version and there working on a patch to resolve the issue.
if you cant wait till then, anydvd which works along with your blu-ray/hd drive helps massiveley try the free trial for 21 days hopefully patch will be out by then
William [Avatar]
[Post New]
AnyDVD did not help the hardware acceleration issue in my case.
paul [Avatar]
[Post New]
they may be right in it being your catalyst driver i have had some issues with these aswell although not with hardware acceleration. it seems strange that it worked with 7.3. have you tried updating the driver via device manager in windows instead of the catalyst installer, because i ended up using that many drivers all the way from 7.9-8.4 for one different problem or another i had to do a complete uninstall of them all and reinstall the latest version. As it seems in vista that they got messed up. its worth a try still think it may be powerdvd8 and ati compatibility though, as 8 is not as good as 7.3 for me with certain dvds.
is it that you cant select ati hardware in configuration or is it blanked out.
William [Avatar]
[Post New]
PDVD 8 was the only program that would not accelerate. 7.3 and TMT worked just fine. I even tried a fresh Vista install with no other programs loaded. I can select it in configuration but PDVD disables it on playback of HDM.