Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Hi all!

After updating to the latest published version, PD does not create the shadow files.

As seen in the attached image, all 4K videos have the indication that the shadow file is being generated, but it never completes, nor are the files created.

Thanks in advance
Magically, after a week away for work reasons, I tried again and everything worked perfectly! No need to do anything or check anything.

Thank you very much PIX and OPDATA!!

PS: Evidently the "[SSL: CERTIFICATE_VERIFY_FAILED] certificate verify failed: certificate has expired" issue has been resolved.
Quote Hello again,

I'm sorry to hear the issue is persisting for you. It seems this problem is bigger than both of us!

Can I suggest you contact CyberLink Technical Support. Please provide them with a link to this thread so you don't need to explain the issue again. They may be able to offer some more productive guidance.

PIX

Thanks PIX!! I will contact Tech SUpport - Thank a lot!
Quote I just went through the same process with PhotoDirector AI Style Pack Vol.6. Uninstalling via Windows leaves the App Data >>> Content Pack folder unchanged. i.e. the folder "PhotoDirector AI Style Pack Vol.6" still contained the same files after uninstallation.

I deleted the folder manually... then reopened PhD to redownload the Textures.

That process deletes the .json file you referred to. It's regenerated once you open the PhD module again.

PIX

Hello Pix!
I followed the steps you recommended and the error persists, AI Style Pack items were not downloaded.

After this I did the following steps:
1) AppManager / PhD / right click / uninstall
2) I manually deleted the "PhotoDirector AI Style Pack *" folders
3 ) Settings / App & Features / I uninstalled each of the "CyberLink Photodirector AI Style Pack *"
4) AppManager/PhD/Intall
5) I ran Phd and the AI ​​Style Packs still don't work, only the *.json files are downloaded... at this point in time, I'm thinking of uninstalling everything....

In the folder "C:\Users\Pablo\AppData\Local\CyberLink\PhotoDirector\dmp" there are files with LOGs... I am attaching one of them where you can see the errors recorded when trying to download the elements of each Pack of "Fail to open url: https://app-content.cyberlink.com/content/AppCMS...." and also regarding "[SSL: CERTIFICATE_VERIFY_FAILED] certificate verify failed: certificate has expired"
I removed the part that repeats indefinitely from the content of this file to make it smaller.

Thanks again and I look forward to your comments.

Hello PIX,
thanks for your quick response!

1. When you uninstalled PhD after optodata suggested it, did you also uninstall the effects packs separately? NO

2. Has the issue only appeared recently (e.g. after an update)? YES, after the last update

3. I can't find "..., the pack is listed in Settings > Apps & Features."

4. ...uninstalling the effect packs might "clear the decks". How do I do it?

TIA

3) Sorry, I was looking for "Settings > Apps & Features" within the PhD... the confusion was because I have the PhD in English and Windows in Spanish.

I uninstalled some "PhotoDirector AI Style Pack Vol.6" (corresponding to Textures) but it didn't work.

I think the problem is due to the execution of the *.json files that contain the URLs to download the elements of each feature.They are located in "C:\Users\Pablo\AppData\Local\CyberLink\PhotoDirector\365\cache\ContentPack\ENU"

thanks
Quote Hello PabloMontini,

Like optodata, I'm unable to replicate the issue here (even on an older PC I'd expect to exhibit issues).

I've checked the PCs where PhD365 is installed & the file path for installed files is as shown in your screenshots, with installed files showing in C:\Program Files (x86)\CyberLink & in C:\Users\UserName\AppData\Local\CyberLink\PhotoDirector. Where "effects" have been downloaded, the pack is listed in Settings > Apps & Features.

It would be a very frustrating issue & I can see you've tried a number of things to try to understand & correct it.

Questions:

1. When you uninstalled PhD after optodata suggested it, did you also uninstall the effects packs separately?

2. Has the issue only appeared recently (e.g. after an update)?

I'm afraid I have no concrete suggestion to correct it but, perhaps, uninstalling the effect packs might "clear the decks".

PIX

Hello PIX,
thanks for your quick response!

1. When you uninstalled PhD after optodata suggested it, did you also uninstall the effects packs separately? NO

2. Has the issue only appeared recently (e.g. after an update)? YES, after the last update

3. I can't find "..., the pack is listed in Settings > Apps & Features."

4. ...uninstalling the effect packs might "clear the decks". How do I do it?

TIA
Hello again!

Last night I updated PhD to version=14.0.0299.0 (64 bit), version type=365, dated 22/SEP/2022 and the error persists in the following modules:

• Photo Effects / AI Style Transfer

• Photo Effects / Sky Replacement

• Decorations / Stickers

• Decorations / Overlays

• Frames & Watermarks / Frame Template

Thank you and I look forward to your comments.
continue...

I suspect that the previous update dated 8-JUN-2022 did not do its job correctly. BUT in the image "4 - PhotoDirector Frame Pack Vol 4" it is observed that PhD correctly loaded the thumbnails of "Watercolor Frame" except that they are ONLY in the left folder! Which leaves me very confused...

Any help will be appreciated - thanks
Thanks for the optodata tips!

Yesterday I uninstalled PhD and reinstalled it, the error continued... I left it "working" overnight and both CPU and internet usage were still up until this next morning.

Reviewing the content of the different folders that PhD uses, I find that there are repeated folders... as you can see in the image "1-PhotoDirector AI Style Pack Vol.1", the folder on the right (C:\users\ Pablo\AppData\Local\CyberLink\PhotoDirector\ContentsPack) has newer files than the left side folder, others are missing and one is duplicated.

The same goes for the files seen in image "2 - PhotoDirector AI Style Packs" and image "3 - PhotoDirector Decor Packs".

I suspect that the previous update dated 8-JUN-2022 did not do its job correctly. BUT in the image "4 - PhotoDirector Frame Pack Vol 4" it is observed that PhD correctly loaded the thumbnails of "Watercolor Frame" except that they are ONLY in the left folder! Which leaves me very confused...

Any help will be appreciated - thanks
Hi all !

Yesterday I updated PhotoDirector, but in Guided, "AI Style Transfer" and "Sky replacement" options, several packages are marked with a "red dot" and it doesn't show any thumbnails.

When entering any of these packages marked with the red dot, the CPU raises its utilization percentage and you see that there is activity in the use of the internet... but I have let it work all night and I do not see any difference, the packages are still empty.

I enclose a copy of the screen to show what is described above.

Thanks in advance.
Quote Hi Pablo -

I totally agree with PowerDirector Moderator on this. Automatic Beat Detection is inconsistent.

Like PDM, I've tested a variety of music and generally get results I have to tweak back in the main timeline.

Here's a packed project containing 6 pieces of music with distinctive beats. You'll see on the timeline how the beat has beeen interpreted. Often, with auto detection, it gets into a correct pattern then skips a beat. Not sure why. Personally, I'd be happier if it took its time & did a better job. Check out the attached screenshot (from the packed project). Also attached is the BPM analysis of each track.

There's always the manual marker option...

Cheers - Tony

Hi Tony, I´ve tested with your project and obtain almost the same you.
I´m a bit more calm knowing that my PC's hardware is not responsible of those inconsistency.

Attached you can see a comparison between Ynotfish's marks and mine.

Cheers

Hi,

I've tried experimenting with several audio files from simple bass beats to more complex audio but I do get variable results as to the visual accuracy of the markers and occasionally the number of markers. The minimum time slider does affect the function and is worth adjusting but overall I have found the function to be too variable to be reliable.

It may also be a question of computer lag coming into play but it would be worth raising a ticket with CS and see what they can come up with.

Cheers
PowerDirector Moderator.

Hi PDM, I've raised a ticket:
https://www.cyberlink.com/support/service/inquiry-response-page.do?pId=CS002435521&m=beec090c3b9d4ac51d1856fb45ee51fd

because I want to know if the offset between AutoBeatMarker and strogest beats is caused for the inconsistent algorithm or for my PC´s hardware.

Thanks again!
Attached: sample music and screenshot
Hi all!

When I use Automatic Beat Detection, the clip markers appear offset respect the strongest beats. Why?

See the image attached
Thank in advance
Hi Tony, thank you very much!
Your solution covers my original query. And reading your kind answer, now I ask you: What would the solution be like if the animated box were on a moving background? How do I solve the problem of creating the mask with clean lines? Should I duplicate the clip in 2 different layers?
My contribution: it would be very complicated to add the typical shapes (lines, rectangle, ellipse, arrows, call balloons, etc.) in 2 versions: only borders and complete ones.
Regards
Hello,
I want to draw a rectangular frame in a sector of the screen. But I don't want it to be static, I want it to be lively.
I wish it would be completed for about 5 seconds, frame by frame. As you can see in the 16:04 minute of https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fb7fFHk5kAU
Similar to the "Paint Designer" tool, but with straight lines and 90 ° angles.
Thanks in advance.
Go to: