Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
PowerDirector 365 Ver. 21.5.3027.0 does not generate shadow files
PabloMontini [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Mar 16, 2018 15:29 Messages: 15 Offline
[Post New]
Hi all!

After updating to the latest published version, PD does not create the shadow files.

As seen in the attached image, all 4K videos have the indication that the shadow file is being generated, but it never completes, nor are the files created.

Thanks in advance
[Thumb - SF.jpg]
 Filename
SF.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
PowerDirector 365 Ver. 21.5.3027.0 does not generate shadow files
 Filesize
141 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
3 time(s)
JL_JL [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Oct 01, 2006 20:01 Messages: 6091 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Hi all!

After updating to the latest published version, PD does not create the shadow files.

As seen in the attached image, all 4K videos have the indication that the shadow file is being generated, but it never completes, nor are the files created.

Thanks in advance

Reported a month ago, https://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/118967.page#448081 . Just have to wait for a push patch to fix what was broken or try workarounds.

Jeff
lunasiatica111 [Avatar]
Member Location: Swizterland Joined: Jul 23, 2014 16:04 Messages: 93 Offline
[Post New]

Reported a month ago, https://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/118967.page#448081 . Just have to wait for a push patch to fix what was broken or try workarounds.

Jeff

NO PATCH AND NOBODY seems to have the solution and cyberlink seems to not know when they will bbe abble to repair this problem... maybe between 1 year? or more?

surely no discount when we'll have to renew the 365!!!!!

contact the staff as more we are to complain and who knows maybe they will considera the problem?

now I opened an old project (1 year) and all shaow gone... and terrible to work again on this project...

i just upload new files and some immediately got the shadow... untill when?

just 2 hours! as when I closed the roject some clips have generated the shadow and now I just open again and all shadow deasepper!!! better to laught!

this is a real terrible problem!

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Jul 10. 2023 12:33

AVPlayVideo
Senior Contributor Location: Home Joined: Apr 06, 2016 19:03 Messages: 703 Offline
[Post New]
Fixed last update XEON-E5-2680 v4 / Mem. 16GB DDR4
M.2 NVME 512Gb / 2-SSD Sata3 1TB
AMD RX570 / Display Philips 272V8
Windows 11_64Pro / PD22/365
Manuel Alberto [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jul 12, 2023 12:34 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
Hi ! im new to power director, and im trying to review other versions of my .pds, does anyone know how can i do that?
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
You should start a new topic since your question isn't related to this one.

See this discussion for recovering previous project versions.