Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Sadly it is a truism in today's consumer software industry that the quality of support is almost universally inversely proportional to the cost of the product.

Typically freeware and shareware are directly supported by the software developer who is desperately keen to get feedback from users to improve his product.

The more expensive products are developed by large software companies who are petrified of wasting support resources on "idiot users" who barely know how to turn their PC on, let alone understand the complexities of software. So they shield themselves behind layers of "support", which assume zero knowledge by the user, have zero knowledge themselves and work solely from solution databases. If you are not lucky enough to have one of the handful of common problems then you are told to "nuke and pave" either their software or the whole PC, since you surely cannot be trusted to do anything more safely.

Trouble is this largely cuts the development group from their users and results in many bugs going unresolved for months or even years. Sometimes persistence can get you through to 3rd line/4th line support. Sometimes, as in the case of Cyberlink, they just stop talking to you once they cannot find any more inane hoops to make you jump through.

I think you were lucky your first problem had either made it into the support database or landed in the hands of a rare, gifted 1st line support person.
Go Here:

http://www.cyberlink.com/multi/cyberstore/order_112_ENU.html

You can upgrade using the "Upgrade to PowerDVD Ultra from 7 Max / Standard / bundled versions".

Not a huge saving, but i am afraid that is as good as it gets.
You can just make a shortcut to "c:\Program Files\Cyberlink\PowerDVD\PowerDVD.exe d:\" where you replace "d:" with whatever your DVD drive's drive letter is.
I have now tried Blu-ray and it either does not have this problem at all or it uses the same key as HDDVD. So right now there just seems to be a single value in the HDDVD key that needs changing to fix the issue.
If you are looking for video levels, check in HKLM->Software->Cyberlink->PowerDVD and any subkeys for any values named COLORSPACE and change them from 3 to 1. There is one in the HDDVD key. I have not tried a Blu-ray disc yet, there may be one there too. It will fix crushed black issue and also PowerDVD changing the colorspace and messing up other media apps on your PC (I had the problem with TheaterTek).

However I do not know in detail what your issue is so this may or may not help.
Go to: