Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
PDVD not giving proper colors and levels
sam [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Dec 31, 2007 01:28 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
Simple question:
Is there a PDVD build available that would with some display drive and GFX card combo give me 1:1 levels and colors to source file during playback for my HD media.
Jong [Avatar]
Newbie Location: London, UK Joined: Jan 06, 2008 14:03 Messages: 5 Offline
[Post New]
If you are looking for video levels, check in HKLM->Software->Cyberlink->PowerDVD and any subkeys for any values named COLORSPACE and change them from 3 to 1. There is one in the HDDVD key. I have not tried a Blu-ray disc yet, there may be one there too. It will fix crushed black issue and also PowerDVD changing the colorspace and messing up other media apps on your PC (I had the problem with TheaterTek).

However I do not know in detail what your issue is so this may or may not help.

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Jan 12. 2008 05:52

Jong [Avatar]
Newbie Location: London, UK Joined: Jan 06, 2008 14:03 Messages: 5 Offline
[Post New]
I have now tried Blu-ray and it either does not have this problem at all or it uses the same key as HDDVD. So right now there just seems to be a single value in the HDDVD key that needs changing to fix the issue.