Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Quote I don't know if anyone else has seen this, but random problems are the hardest to track down. You can try rebooting, and also try choosing a different produce profile.

As I suggested above, try unlinking and deleting that section of (muted?) audio, or replace/remove the BCC FX. The goal is to find something - anything- that triggers or removes the issue.

Maybe running and posting the DxDiag results again may shed some light on this. You could also go ahead and pack and share the entire project (if you're comfortable sharing the clips).

Sorry what I mean is if this strange behaviour happened to people on this forum.
I totally understand, it is very hard to reproduce something and trace it's root cause when it happens at random.

However, the pattern I've noticed is when the original clip is

1. Sped up/slowed down

2. Audio volume adjustment/audio ducking

3. I even completely remove the "unused" audio from the video tracks, I "unlink" video-audio most of the time and then adjust the speed of the clip/add fx/add transition or whatnot

Hard to find the root cause.
What I do to fix is, I "cut/delete/split" the area of the music soundtrack that goes bad, and stretch-fill the soundtrack again. This seems to fix the audio issue when produced again.

Unfortunately cannot share the whole project files yet, have to ask permission from mrs

In your MP4 snippet, the sound goes bad at 00:19 and continues until 00:26, exactly corresponding to the GOPR3994 clip as shown on your timeline image. I don't hear or see anything unusual at the 15th second.

As a test, can you right click on that clip on the timeline then choose Link/Unlink Video and Audio? Click anywhere else to deselect the clips, then delete the audio track. Use Shift+Del or right-click and select Remove and Leave Gap and see what happens when you produce that section again.

Also, in order to open the project, we need all the files from your original project to reproduce the issue.

Since it's nearly 3 hours in length, delete everything but the first 30 seconds or so and use Save Project As... to save a shorter version of the project. Then use File, Pack Project Materials... from the shorter project and save everything to the existing G Drive folder you've already shared.

You maybe right about the 19th second vs 15. I heard it wrong.

I produced again and it didn't have the issue. What I mean is, the sound goes bad like you've heard on the clip at random times. Nothing specific to a type of edit or what not. I redo the produce and everything is jolly.

Just a nuisance because rendering takes ages and cannot afford to just retry produce every time something like this happen.

So I take it that nobody* have seen this or happened to them before? I didn't have this in PD15,16 etc, just PD 17.
Audio gets destroyed when "unlinked/different timeline" video speed changes or fx is applied or any random edits. There are no specific pattern on why it happens, just happens at various times at various places.

When previewing, no issues. After producing you see these issues with the audio going crazy. There is nothing too complicated in the timeline.

I have attached the video snippet showing what I mean, it happens at 15th second.
Also attached screenshot of timeline.

Google Drive folder with files - https://drive.google.com/open?id=1kXdod9giG85_-3qKpnCrSJDqI2y8JpYT
Quote By the way, there is a trick to the 30% discount price. You get it only during the first year. See, what it says when you buy the subscription:

PowerDirector 365 (Annual Plan – 12 months) - $48.99
This product is a paid subscription. After 1 year the price for this product is $87.49 if you wish to continue using it. You can renew or cancel your subscription at any time.

Hi thanks for pointing that out.

We purchased the Ultimate version also with the Colordirector but only to find out that a lot of the Newblue and Prodad stuff aren't included.
More over, also was hoping to try out the AI Style packs as well. Apparently these are only coming with the Director Suite 365.

So if we purchase the DirectorSuite 365 for 12months on Christmas/NY special deal, when the next year renewal time comes, I should be able to renew with the same special deal, right(assuming CL will offer special rates at NY time)? I cannot afford the full price for subscription model but it looks like every year since PD15, 16 and now 17 I just buy the new version and do not use the previous ones at all. Which is why we were thinking of maybe the Director Suite 365 might be good option?

Thoughts?
Quote Hi browniee112 -

What you're suggesting sounds like a good idea & a way to work around the lack of LUT level slider... right up till the bit where you try to apply it frown

I should say: I can't get it to work here, as you've suggested.

When you apply the LUT in CDR, then make some other adjustments, then save it as a preset the only adjustments recorded in the preset are the extra adjustments that were made - NOT the LUT settings.

In the screenshots you see the original clip - then with Film Punch LUT applied - then with other adjustments to lift darker areas (that was saved as a preset) - & finally the preset applied.

As you can see in the final frame, the only adjustments made are the extra ones I made in CDR.

BUT - it still sounds like a good idea laughing

Cheers - Tony

Well, that sucks! Yea I was sleeping and suddenly woke up and had that idea, sounded good at the time but now yea you are right, probably not going to work

Still cannot believe PDR does not have a LUT slider. Absolutely cannot believe ColorDirector doesn't have one! PDR okay I understand maybe it will come in a patch but definitely should be included in the ColorDirector. Especially since they advertise a lot about "LUT support, PRO results,

I didn't opt in for CDR previously, but for the PDR17 purchase, we opted in to get the additional CDR package but disappointed.
Adjust LUT intensity - impossible || Adjust "Preset" intensity - possible

So, does that mean

1. Import a LUT into PDR clip

2. Fix/Enhance -> Colordirector

3. Make some minor changes

4. CREATE/Export the current color settings to PRESET instead of LUT

5. Now for other clips, you can apply the PRESET and adjust intensity of the PRESET instead.

Of course it would be great to have a "slider bar" to adjust LUT intensity in PDR like how we have in PremierePro but hopefully it will come in a patch soon.

In the meantime, what do you think? What shortfalls can you think of when using this method?
How do you remove 'edits' 'modifications' 'fx' from clips on time line

Basically any clips that has been modified somehow. Say for example you have a clip with 5 modifications.
1.LUT
2. Transition
3. Blending
4. Video speed
5. Stabilizer

How do I remove only certain some of them and keep the rest? Transition is teh easiest because you can literally "delete" it off the clip by selecting it. But rest of them, is there any way to remove them without having to go into each sub section buried in the menus?
Thanks everyone that helps. So it is not really EVERYTHING included as in there are a whole heap of third party fx transitions etc that are missing even though the Director 365 advertising material says "unlimited access" and gives you the false feeling that you pay the subscription and you get everything. Glad that I did the research and asked here.
DirectorSuite365 - Is it really EVERYTHING included? I know you get the PD, CDR, Photodirector and Audiodirector.

Do you also get ALL premium effects, ALL 3rd party effects and transitions etc? I cannot find anywhere that explicitly states this.
For eg,

All NewBlueFX 1 - 7 versions, All adorage etc included?
https://www.cyberlink.com/products/add-ons/powerdirector/video-fx/newblue_en_US.html

It is a bit confusing to get all this info. Also looked here but it says you get all premium plugings/effects but also says 3rd party only selected few - https://www.cyberlink.com/products/powerdirector-video-editing-software/comparison_en_AU.html
I only have the NBFX 7
How come I don't have rest of them? I thought they were included in "PowerDirector 17 Ultimate Suite - Incl. Premium Effects and Templates"

The motion tracking is meant for locking onto one object at a time and tracking it with another object. You can't change the shape of the tracking object, and it doesn't work in the Mask Designer. However, you could track a green image in the shape you want and then chroma-key it out if that approach saved you some time.

As for giving up, if you watch the tutorial again, you'll see that the guy also had to go frame by frame to get everything to line up in Premiere. He used the "Track selected mask forward one-frame" tool that did some of the tracking work for him, but remember that he then skipped over 95% of his work and just presented the whole thing as a guide to how he did this, not necessarily that it was quick and easy.

Also, the mask tool in Premiere (or whatever add-on he was using) is far more flexible than the one built-in to PD.

As I mentioned earlier, if you have NewBlueFX packs installed the Garbage Matte effect is more flexible, but it's limited to 4 control points (corners) and you'd want to use that as the "leading" edge to cover the changing leg angles while a simple PD block mask masks the rest of the area.

For the project with your pole, again most of the work is done in the Rev2 project and you'd only need to add a few tweaking keyframes where needed.

Instead, take a look at the Rev3 project I've just added. I decided to see what was needed to make your clip work perfectly, so I added rotation to the mix and also added more keyframes throughout the walk-by. On average there is one keyframe for every 2-3 frames, so a lot of work, but nowhere near as much as every frame.

I probably spent an hour doing this, and I can't say if the time investment is worthwhile, but please go ahead and use it if it still works for you. I did this in PD17 and you'll be able to open it now that you've upgraded. Here's what it will look like:

Hey that is perfect! It definitely works for me. Thanks heaps for spending time.

I have NewBlueFX Essentials, no garbage matte

If I want to reverse engineer what you have done by looking at the PDS you sent, is that possible? I just want to see exactly what you did to get there.

For future uses, I'm also thinking that this transition may not be worth the time vs effort/ return on investment after all. Do you agree? I see this transition in a lot of travel videos, and they make it seem too easy. Lots of videos have it multiple times throughout the video. Hence why I thought this must have been an easy thing to do.
Quote As long as you have PD17 updated to v2314, you're free to use the latest nVidia driver (417.35). I've been using the newer 415.xx drivers since the PD patch was released and haven't seen any issues or slowdowns.

So basically, the latest patch of PD16/PD17 lets you use latest driver versions of nVidia right?
Just double checking that now if I update the nVidia to 417.35, would the PD16 have issues? Most of my projects were created in PD16.
Quote Wow - that's really strange! First we don't know where the mystery .png came from, then when I delete it the mask disappeared from the project despite there not being any reference to it in the PDS file! Even worse is that the keyframes don't contain the right details anymore, so you can't simply pick a new mask in the Mask Designer. You have to start all over frown

Tomasc, I see the exact same thing as you when I opened the project just now, so I've recreated the mask (using PD's standard rectangular mask) and packed the project to a new folder.

Sure enough, there's a new "01.png" file, and even though the new PDS project also doesn't contain any code to acces it, it's a critical media piece. Also, it doesn't ever show up in my media library, so I'm not sure why browniee112 saw it in my PD14 project.

Try opening the Rev2 project here. Hopefully everything will be working and then maybe you can copy the timeline and save it in PD16.

That last one you posted optodata was close enough, yes you are right the straight pole made it easier.

I'm going to give up, just wish PD had similar motion mask tracking abilities like Premiere Pro where I don't have to go frame by frame and keep fixing the mask. Thank you very much for trying to assist me.

I'm giving up because I'm having trouble replicating your results when I do it myself. It looks like I learn better watching video instead of trying to read the instruction and following it exactly. I have learned a lot of PD through PD University videos as well as CL official webinar videos.

On a random note, we purchased PD17 because it said motion tracking has been improved, I thought this would have improved the motion mask tracking but nope it didn't. Still have to manually fix it frame by frame

If not asking too much, would you be able to instruct me through a video on what you are trying to tell me? If it is too much work, no problem at all I totally understand.
I'm running older driver and was hoping to upgrade to nVidia 416.xx or higher but thought I'd check with you if anyone having issues with newer drivers.

Also, what is the current trouble-free driver/PD recommended nVidia driver? It says latest patch is good for 416.xx or higher, but could someone point out which exact version you have and working with no issues please?
Quote OK. Your YouTube friend didn't give us a clear, full screen view of the opening shot, but he did show it at the beginning and at the end - each with different overlays for his channel. In order to use it in your videos, we'll have to remove all of his graphics.

I've taken the time to sync the two versions and have already masked both of the lower overlays - including placing and adjusting a very picky and time-consuming masked screenshot to cover his social media tags. That one was extra hard because the lower graphics in the first and second full-screen clips occur in that same area and also overlap a little bit time-wise.

Now, your task is to finish masking the remaining text in this project.

Hint: There's a reason I've synced the two clips and placed them on the timeline exactly this way, and it should be a simple step to completely remove the graphics. You can use keyframes to time it, or cut the clip and only apply the mask to the affected section. Use the track enable/disable checkboxes and to help understand all the edits I've done so far.

When you're finished, go ahead and produce it and attach it here since it should be a small enough file.

Have fun!

Okay so I'm going to sound extra noob here and say that I don't understand what I am required to do with that 02.png file
Quote OK. Your YouTube friend didn't give us a clear, full screen view of the opening shot, but he did show it at the beginning and at the end - each with different overlays for his channel. In order to use it in your videos, we'll have to remove all of his graphics.

I've taken the time to sync the two versions and have already masked both of the lower overlays - including placing and adjusting a very picky and time-consuming masked screenshot to cover his social media tags. That one was extra hard because the lower graphics in the first and second full-screen clips occur in that same area and also overlap a little bit time-wise.

Now, your task is to finish masking the remaining text in this project.

Hint: There's a reason I've synced the two clips and placed them on the timeline exactly this way, and it should be a simple step to completely remove the graphics. You can use keyframes to time it, or cut the clip and only apply the mask to the affected section. Use the track enable/disable checkboxes and to help understand all the edits I've done so far.

When you're finished, go ahead and produce it and attach it here since it should be a small enough file.

Have fun!

Okay, so I'm a little confused but I'll try and figure it out what we are trying to mask and how we are trying to do it.

In the meantime while I work on your files, check this out where it is my own small footage I took and tried to mask. You will see exactly what I tried to do and how it looks just average.

Mind you, I'm trying to do a 'transition' which premiere pro folks seem to refer to as motion mask, linear wipe, wipe and reveal etc etc.

WipeMasking attempt - fail? - link here with PDR project file
Quote So you're looking to use the same red pants clip as in the tutorial, right?

Also, I have PD13, 14 and 17 on my machine, but not 16. If I make the mask in PD17 you won't be able to open it on your end, so I'll have to do it in PD14 to get you a usable a project with the clip set up.

The down side to that is that some of the features I thought of using are only in 17, so if I go that route I'd have to give you a produced clip with a black (or green) mask that you could chroma-key out on your end.

Let me test out my ideas and see what's going to make the most sense.

Sure that sounds good. Mind I'm planning on taking 1080/120 footage when I'll be filming while traveling soon so hopefully the method works
Also, New Year sale coming up so if 17 is that good I might get it. But in the meantime I'll I'm with 16 though, hopefully what you'll produce will be able to make in 16, or at least close enough.

There are a couple ways I can think of that would be easier than going through 120 frames by hand to set the mask.

I'd be willing to try them out on your front clip if you could upload it to the cloud and post a link to it here

That will be very helpful.

Link - File Link
Quote I tried with CDR but the motion tracking mask isn't very smooth.

What is the best way to achieve this effect with a 1080/120p footage?

Anyone?
Is it possible to - apply transitions, effects, grading etc to "layer" rather than the clip itself?

It is possible in PP, but I'm sure it is possible in PDR but cannot seem to find the right thing. Currently when I edit, I apply the effects, transitions on to the clip itself which is on the timeline. This is okay but if I want to preview the timeline without any edits, I have to manually "untick" the effects but if I untick/remove an effet, I risk losing it all.

Hence why, is there a way to apply effects/transitions to a layer instead of the clip on the timeline itself?
Go to: