Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >

Hi,

Thanks for your reply!

Before the update of the CL SW in sept 2021 all packages in the Director Suite had no problems for me on the same computer.
After the update AudioDirector didn't work anymore. The rest of the applications are OK. I will open a support ticket.

Thanks for the tip on the NVIDIA SW. In the meantime I updated the driver.

Thanks for your help untill now.

25-09-2021 new input:

In the meantime I had contact with the support desk of Cyberlink. They kept me busy with asking all kind of irrelevant information for a couple of days suggesting that it was my computer that caused the problems.

But suddenly yesterday a new update of AudioDirector came along in the Application Manager. I installed the update and all the problems with the application were solved! So I was happy I could use the sw again, but disappointed about my experiences with the guys on the support desk. But nevertheless all is well again!

Thanks for the help and let's close this issue.
Quote Thanks very much for the details. If you look at the end of the file you'll see several crashes of DtsApo4Service.exe, which is part of the DTS audio package.

I don't know the specifics, but apparently the new CL products do not support DTS. Maybe someone with more details will post here, but I think the best thing to do is to open a support ticket from this page and see what the official word is.

There is a much newer video driver avialable for your RTX3070. Maybe the Acer site will have it, otherwise you can download it straight from nVidia.

Hi,

Thanks for your reply!

Before the update of the CL SW in sept 2021 all packages in the Director Suite had no problems for me on the same computer.
After the update AudioDirector didn't work anymore. The rest of the applications are OK. I will open a support ticket.

Thanks for the tip on the NVIDIA SW. In the meantime I updated the driver.

Thanks for your help untill now.
Quote The <<READ ME>> guide describes the steps needed to generate and share the DxDiag test results. Please follow them so we can see the technical details of your computer.

Below you'll find the DxDiag results
I installed the latest SW update (sep 2021) for AudioDirector (and other applications under the 365 program). Now AudioDirector crashes when I want to edit the audio in a videoclip from within PowerDirector. Especially going to Restore / Clipping Removal causes crasing down AudioDirector and an error message asks to fill it with text and send it to Cyberlink. Also other functions under the Restore section are not working. The older version of AudioDirector was performing very well, but now after updating all kind of problems appear. Why tell me why?
Quote I believe that it is standard behavior of Windows 10 since at least 2 years ago to back up anything in the photos and documents folders to the one drive to protect everyone. It is not the default behavior of my win 10 laptop purchased back in 2015. It is best that you pony up the monthly fees to Microsoft for this service since one only gets a limited amount of GB storage for free. Cyberlink temp files are in the documents folder by default.

Cyberlink software temp files are backed up to the win 10 use of onedrive. I had to disable this since I use a 8 GB external drive for backup storage. Look up on the internet how if you want to do this. My newer software installations like office 365 still use the onedrive for storage and the hard drive for backups only.

Hi,

Thanks for your thoughts on this.

Still strange that the map OneDrive / OneNote has been chosen by Windows or Cyberlink to store files. Why not in a map like OneDrive / Cyberlink or OneDrive / Backup documents or the like. Also strange that you can't easily change this. I pay for a yearly license of MS Office including 1Tb storage. So it is only a small amaount of storage that you loose. But still it seems black magic.
Quote Sounds like PD might have set the default export folder for produced clips somewhere on OneDrive. Those are temporary files and will be deleted automatically after 30 days (unless you change the duration), but to change the destination away from OneDrive on the Preferences | File menu.

Hi,

Thanks for your reply.

In the preferences I don't have the destination on OneDrive / OneNote. So how PowerDirector has invented to look at my map OneDrive / OneNote is still a puzzle for me. Also the other applications of Cyberlink choose for this destination. At this moment I have the following maps in OneDrive / OneNote:

AudioDirector / live / Splitterindex
Cyberlink Drive / PowerDirector
PowerDirector / 19.0 / MyCollage
/ MyTitles
/ My Trans
/ Cache Files 01

I never gave in to clutter mij OneDrive / OneNote map with these maps and files.

When I delete them, next time I use Cyberlink applications they are back again.

So again: how to change this???
Hi,

Everytime I start up PowerDirector 365 I find maps and files in my OneDrive / OneNote map. I can delete them, but after starting up again, the same maps and files are in there also again. How can I stop this / change the destiny map?

Thanks for your help!

LexV

Since you say "selection" of pics vs the whole track, you would have to do something similar to these steps. https://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/52037.page#post_box_272850

Jeff

Thanks Jeff, this seems to be the most applicable solution for this item. Strange that Cyberlink doesn't solve this issue that has been so long on the 'issues' list.
How can I insert a transition to a selection of multiple pictures on the timeline.

I looked for answers on the Forum, but I could not find a suitable one for my recent copy of PowerDirector 19 & 365

Does someone have an answer?
Go to: