Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Audio Director 365 crashes all the time
LexV#1 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Dec 09, 2017 03:32 Messages: 9 Offline
[Post New]
I installed the latest SW update (sep 2021) for AudioDirector (and other applications under the 365 program). Now AudioDirector crashes when I want to edit the audio in a videoclip from within PowerDirector. Especially going to Restore / Clipping Removal causes crasing down AudioDirector and an error message asks to fill it with text and send it to Cyberlink. Also other functions under the Restore section are not working. The older version of AudioDirector was performing very well, but now after updating all kind of problems appear. Why tell me why?
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
The <<READ ME>> guide describes the steps needed to generate and share the DxDiag test results. Please follow them so we can see the technical details of your computer.
LexV#1 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote The <<READ ME>> guide describes the steps needed to generate and share the DxDiag test results. Please follow them so we can see the technical details of your computer.

Below you'll find the DxDiag results
 Filename
DxDiag.txt
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
135 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
719 time(s)
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
Thanks very much for the details. If you look at the end of the file you'll see several crashes of DtsApo4Service.exe, which is part of the DTS audio package.

I don't know the specifics, but apparently the new CL products do not support DTS. Maybe someone with more details will post here, but I think the best thing to do is to open a support ticket from this page and see what the official word is.

There is a much newer video driver avialable for your RTX3070. Maybe the Acer site will have it, otherwise you can download it straight from nVidia.
LexV#1 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote Thanks very much for the details. If you look at the end of the file you'll see several crashes of DtsApo4Service.exe, which is part of the DTS audio package.

I don't know the specifics, but apparently the new CL products do not support DTS. Maybe someone with more details will post here, but I think the best thing to do is to open a support ticket from this page and see what the official word is.

There is a much newer video driver avialable for your RTX3070. Maybe the Acer site will have it, otherwise you can download it straight from nVidia.

Hi,

Thanks for your reply!

Before the update of the CL SW in sept 2021 all packages in the Director Suite had no problems for me on the same computer.
After the update AudioDirector didn't work anymore. The rest of the applications are OK. I will open a support ticket.

Thanks for the tip on the NVIDIA SW. In the meantime I updated the driver.

Thanks for your help untill now.
LexV#1 [Avatar]
[Post New]

Hi,

Thanks for your reply!

Before the update of the CL SW in sept 2021 all packages in the Director Suite had no problems for me on the same computer.
After the update AudioDirector didn't work anymore. The rest of the applications are OK. I will open a support ticket.

Thanks for the tip on the NVIDIA SW. In the meantime I updated the driver.

Thanks for your help untill now.

25-09-2021 new input:

In the meantime I had contact with the support desk of Cyberlink. They kept me busy with asking all kind of irrelevant information for a couple of days suggesting that it was my computer that caused the problems.

But suddenly yesterday a new update of AudioDirector came along in the Application Manager. I installed the update and all the problems with the application were solved! So I was happy I could use the sw again, but disappointed about my experiences with the guys on the support desk. But nevertheless all is well again!

Thanks for the help and let's close this issue.
JL_JL [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Oct 01, 2006 20:01 Messages: 6091 Offline
[Post New]
Quote 25-09-2021 new input:

In the meantime I had contact with the support desk of Cyberlink. They kept me busy with asking all kind of irrelevant information for a couple of days suggesting that it was my computer that caused the problems.

But suddenly yesterday a new update of AudioDirector came along in the Application Manager. I installed the update and all the problems with the application were solved! So I was happy I could use the sw again, but disappointed about my experiences with the guys on the support desk. But nevertheless all is well again!

LexV#1, please post what version of AudioDirector you now have on your system. For version, click AudioDirector in the upper right corner.

Jeff
Forum Moderator [Avatar]
Contributor Joined: Feb 27, 2018 01:01 Messages: 578 Offline
[Post New]

25-09-2021 new input:

Hello,

I asked my contact at CyberLink and confirmed a hotfix to fix a "crash issue" was released for AudioDirector 365 to update it to version 12.0.2122. A patch update for perpetual users should be available sometime next week.

Cheers
Forum Moderator