Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Sorry but the fact remains the work arounds are next to useless. I have had extensive - somewhat angry phonecalls and emails with cyberlink. The bottom line... they don't care and have no plans to change their coding to properly intigrate with NVidias Optimus technology.

Nvidia refuses to recognize cyberlink software and allow activation of the Dedicated graphics card becasue as they say"Its buggy and causes their cards to crash" which then casues customers to call them and complain about their cards crashing and freezing during renders in cyberlink.

I went back and forth between the two groups and cyberlink finally just refunded my money and I moved on to Davinci, which is the smoothest rendering software I have ever used.- So well written. The free software for non professional use is amazing and light years ahead of Cyberlink. It just doesn't have all the cool easy transitions and titling etc that cyberlink has.

If you do all your video edits and color corrections in Davinci, then import to cyberlink to finish off with cool effects thats about the only effective workaround I see.

I really wish Cyberlink - yes you.. would fix your buggy code.

coreyman, there's not a Optimus profile for PD hence no selection and/or control as you note. The only 100% method to force the issue reliable and continually is to turn off the internal iGPU via BIOS. Not all laptop manufacturers permit that setting in BIOS so simple look for the setting.

PD17 patch 2314 is capable of working with pre or post 416 drivers.

Jeff

Cyberlink: PLEASE FIX this coding error in your software so that Optimus systems - the most advanced laptops - can make proper use of their powerful graphics cards to render Video. This has been ongoing for years and yet you do nothing about it. So frustrataing.

Pretty Please!

Having problems with Optimus is a separate issue. You can search the forum for more details, and here is the most recent thread.

Thanks for that. Much appreciated. It is really sad that Cyberlink continues to not apply coding for the optomus systems. the most advanced powerful laptops from Dell, MSI, AORUS, ASUS etc all use Optimus software to enable powerful dedicated GPU's.

Davinci, premier, and filmora are all coded properly to work. I had this issue with PD 15 and I thought that by 17 Cyberlink would have learned to code their software properly. I have discussed this with Nvidia and this is 100% a cyberlink coding issue.
Quote Cyberlink has just released the beta patch for PD17.

If you have the stand-alone version (not the subscription version) you can download and apply it. There's a long list of issues it addresses, including the ones causing you the most grief. Hopefully this will get you running with the 416.xx drivers right away.

If you're like me and have the subscription version, it's going to mean waiting a little longer but help is clearly on the way.

I just updated my subscription 365 software and the change log mentioned it fixed various issues with Nvidia Carda for drivers 416 and higher, yet my MSI with the Optima Intel/Nvidia GPU configuration will still not work. Even if I force my Laptop to always use nvidia it will swith to intel when the program starts. So frustrating, got all excited for nothing
Quote I have a less than 1 year old laptop with dedicated Nvidia GTX970 and an integrated Intel HD 530.

I find it incredibly frustrating that this product does not work with Nvidia as advertised when I purchased it. Every other graphic intensive program I own.. and I have a lot .. easily switches to use the Nvidia card when graphic acceleration is of key importance.

Is it really Nvidia's fault or is PowerDirector coded incorrectly to make the switch happen?

Can someone form Cyberlink please answer why your software does not work with all modern day laptops with dual graphic card setups.

Thanks.

Have you asked Cyberlink's Tech Support? They may be able to get to the software designers and get an answer for you. If they do, please share it with us.

I sent a support request in on September 29th. 10 days ago. I am still waiting to hear back. I have checked the Nvidia forums and there are many people there also with this issue but no one seems to hear anything from Cyberlink or Nvidia. Seems like neither side is really interested in resolvoing this issue. Very frustrating.

I heard back form Cyberlink and they say that their software is fully compliant and that the issue is with Nvidia. I find this funny as Cyberlink used to bundle software with Nvidia graphics cards. The fact that they don't have a better working relationship and they are asking me the end user to resolve this with nvidia is a bit weird.

I have spent the last hour chatting with Nvidia, doing full clean installs etc and nothing works, so they have agreed to escalate this with the software development team and see if this goes anywhere. FIngers crossed. If it doesntI will switch software and try to get a refund. THey advertise NVIDIA compatability but they don't follow through on it!
Quote I have a less than 1 year old laptop with dedicated Nvidia GTX970 and an integrated Intel HD 530.

I find it incredibly frustrating that this product does not work with Nvidia as advertised when I purchased it. Every other graphic intensive program I own.. and I have a lot .. easily switches to use the Nvidia card when graphic acceleration is of key importance.

Is it really Nvidia's fault or is PowerDirector coded incorrectly to make the switch happen?

Can someone form Cyberlink please answer why your software does not work with all modern day laptops with dual graphic card setups.

Thanks.

Have you asked Cyberlink's Tech Support? They may be able to get to the software designers and get an answer for you. If they do, please share it with us.

I sent a support request in on September 29th. 10 days ago. I am still waiting to hear back. I have checked the Nvidia forums and there are many people there also with this issue but no one seems to hear anything from Cyberlink or Nvidia. Seems like neither side is really interested in resolvoing this issue. Very frustrating.

Let me work on that
I have a less than 1 year old laptop with dedicated Nvidia GTX970 and an integrated Intel HD 530.

Thanks.
Go to: