Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Quote Hello,

Yes, it is possible. Just place the 360 clip on the timeline and make sure you are in 360 mode. Then select the clip on the timeline, go to the Tools button above the timeline, and select 360 Start View Setting. Use the Z rotation control to straigthnen the video as required.

Click the ? button in the 360 Start View Setting window to get more info in the help.

Cheers
PowerDirector Moderator

i could swear i made it 3 or 4 times but never worked :)
thanks.
Hi, i'm still on pd16 but found no info anywhere in any version about "how to level a 360 video"

I am aware of Edit View/Image -> 360º start view setting but id does not do that although i can rotate the video the way i want it levelled it seems not to afect output

Thank you for your time
Quote I'm afraid I don't understand your question then. You can input any resolution video into PD without limits. 8K for example, but the default produce options are limited to 4K and below.

If you're trying to import a MOV clip and get any kind of "format not supported" message, that's most likely because your computer isn't properly configured to work with Apple's QuickTime codec. See this discussion for more details.

you are so right, sorry, my bad

its a H264 almost 6k

this does not refer any resolution
https://www.cyberlink.com/support/faq-content.do?id=26470

but this one does and aparently this is not correct
https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1680804-REG/cyberlink_pdr_ek00_rpm0_00_powerdirector_20_ultimate.html
Supported Video Files (Import)
360 video: equirectangular format MP4 (H.264), in up to 4K resolution in 2:1 aspect ratio

i just tried and i managed to see the file in PD media
yesterday, because of sume PEBCAK of mine it didnt work

thank you for your time and sorry once again
Quote Thre are many discussions on the forum already about producing to any resolution you want using custom profiles. Here's one as an example.

If you'd like for CL to add higher default produce resolutions, the best place to file your request is to use File | Rate Us & Provide Suggestions from your current version of PD

hi, thank you for your answer

the issue is in the "input side" of PD, not on the "output" side
Hi all

was thinking of upgrading to 20 since i got a new 360 and better camera but the video is still at ... 4k?

i got a 5.7k camera for some years now.. since i bought the 16... why?

Will CL resollve this in 21?

thank you all

My experience is not much either. heard it a while ago
theta V, gopro Fusion (recently bought it) can record it
youtube can play it , krpano (i think) can play it either
i'm a van of imersive and vr content, bought oculus go too.. so the audio would be great to have too after editing the 360 video
apparently pd16, with spatial audio, produces stereo output? its better than none.. but since i got spatial.. would not like to lose it

Hi all, any news on this?
more and more i'm using my fusion, i get 360 audio from fusion studio but then i only get stereo from PD16
Quote Hi herrpedro -

I've only read about spatial audio, also referred to as VR audio. No actual experience.

Here are some articles I've come across:

What is Spatial Audio?

Spatial Sound in Window 10

My understanding is only limited, but enough to say that whatever audio software you're using, or intend to use, PDR16 wouldn't be able to render a file containing the audio you're after.

Cheers - Tony

My experience is not much either. heard it a while ago
theta V, gopro Fusion (recently bought it) can record it
youtube can play it , krpano (i think) can play it either
i'm a van of imersive and vr content, bought oculus go too.. so the audio would be great to have too after editing the 360 video
apparently pd16, with spatial audio, produces stereo output? its better than none.. but since i got spatial.. would not like to lose it
Quote Try doing your search for spatial audio instead of spacial audio. You must wear headphones to check this out: https://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/76372.page .

lol
you are sol right

but.. you linked to my post

thank you
hi all,

searched online and here in the forum and not even words match .

is it possible to have it?

thank you.
That did it

nice!

now i can stabilize video..

Quote No problem man. When I first started using the program I uploaded a clip to youtube to show someone the vortex effect only to find that it was magically gone on youtube. That's when I realized that it was actually the Windows 10 Movies & TV app causing the problem and not Powerdirector.

in fact i did open it with the new windows media player that supports 360

that would be SO GOOD. I'll try it next week... thank you so much!

Quote After you export the videos, are you opening them in the default Windows 10 video player when you check them? I thought Powerdirector was adding a vortex to my files too at first, but it turned out that the vortex only shows up in the Windows 10 default app. They look fine when I open them in any other 360 viewing app (Ricoh Theta, Insta360 Studio etc) and after I upload them to youtube.

1. I watched the video with youtube. I cannot see a 'vortex'. You attached an image of that phenomenon, but the video looks like the 'source image' I made a screenshot of the part in the video.

2. In the upper right corner of Powerdirector, there is a question mark. Klick it. There you find the web site for online-support.

Hatti

Hi, thanks.

the video from youtube is from PD15 and does not produce a vortex

i opened the same project and just produce the output and it added the vortex. Then i thought it might be from video 360 or some option and added a theta image so i could output that in video 360

the images are

• look down in input theta S image

• look down in video360 output from PD16

thanks for the hint.

1. I watched the video with youtube. I cannot see a 'vortex'. You attached an image of that phenomenon, but the video looks like the 'source image' I made a screenshot of the part in the video.

2. In the upper right corner of Powerdirector, there is a question mark. Klick it. There you find the web site for online-support.

Hatti

Hi, thanks.

the video from youtube is from PD15 and does not produce a vortex

i opened the same project and just produce the output and it added the vortex. Then i thought it might be from video 360 or some option and added a theta image so i could output that in video 360

the images are

• look down in input theta S image

• look down in video360 output from PD16

thanks for the hint.
Quote hi all,

in pd16 (also in pd 15)

in testing for stabilized 360 output i've been paying more attention to details and i noticed a seem (presend alson in 360 stabilization tutorial)

there is a (very) visible seam in 360 output. i've attached screenf of footage before going into PD

it seems like pd15 and 16 are not 360 friendly although it has the equirect projection implemented..

hope any1 can help to reduce this.

thank you all

Rui Pedro

hi all,

is there a way to report this as an issue in PD15/16?!
Quote hi, just updated from 15 to 16 because of 360 video stabilization and been making a few tests mainly using the video that i wanted stabilized

in the output i noticed a vortex in nadir and zenith of my video.

did a simple experiment wich was -> with everying off load a 360 image and output as 360 video there it is.

in attachments you can chek a screenshot of the video and the original panoramic image nadir.

the original video is this one -> https://youtu.be/XRic24mjYaM

so i wanted to stabilize the 360video and put the plane over it (same i did in 15)

i find this very odd and hope it has a simple solution

thank you all for the help

hi all,

some people dloaded it and said nothing.. i assume they saw it too and there is nothing to be done

is there a way to report this as an issue in PD16?!
hi all,

in pd16 (also in pd 15)

in testing for stabilized 360 output i've been paying more attention to details and i noticed a seem (presend alson in 360 stabilization tutorial)

there is a (very) visible seam in 360 output. i've attached screenf of footage before going into PD

it seems like pd15 and 16 are not 360 friendly although it has the equirect projection implemented..

hope any1 can help to reduce this.

thank you all

Rui Pedro
hi, just updated from 15 to 16 because of 360 video stabilization and been making a few tests mainly using the video that i wanted stabilized

in the output i noticed a vortex in nadir and zenith of my video.

did a simple experiment wich was -> with everying off load a 360 image and output as 360 video there it is.

in attachments you can chek a screenshot of the video and the original panoramic image nadir.

the original video is this one -> https://youtu.be/XRic24mjYaM

so i wanted to stabilize the 360video and put the plane over it (same i did in 15)

i find this very odd and hope it has a simple solution

thank you all for the help
Quote I see it. I've looked over my testvideo, but I don't think I have it. Now, that is, I just did this one little video with it.

In my testvideo I mixed two clips of two 360 cams with two different resolutions by the way. The one on the scooter was with a XDV Pano View (2560x1280) the one on the grass is of my LG (2880x1440).

The Pano view has only one lens, so a black disk below. What I did notice is that the black disk stays rigid in the unstabilised video, but bounces a bit in the stabilised video.

I believe I know where the vortexes may be coming from. If you stabilise a normal video with software, often it crops the video a bit so it has some room to maneuver when stabilising. In a 360 shot you cannot crop the video, or the sphere would not be full anymore. My guess is it tries to overcome this by jarring a bit at the top/bottom of the equirectangular, which could result in these vortexes (nadir/zenith are just single points/poles, but cover the full top/bottom of the equirectangular).

Not sure this is it but I think I might be on the right track.

Anyway, I'm VERY happy with the stabilising. I almost next month bought a Guru stabilizer, but I keep that money (about €300,-, already accounted for the €70,- PD upgrade) in my pocket for now. It was juggling my money anyway, so better to postpone it. Now I can do moving camera shots and don't worry too much about shaking shots.

Just check out this difference: I just quickly re-did one of my latest videos with the new stabilising.

Original, unstabilised: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Je_2bcqaTKs

Redone stabilised version: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qwT0hFnt66k

I'm stunned, this is fantastic.

No weird nadir things happening here. I stabilised about 20 or so smaller clips individually here.

regards, Frank

i believe you're on the right track, yes

i built a 360 project with a 360 video and just went to "fix" and "stabilization" as orginary videos... may be this is the problem.. if this is the stabilization for regular video and there is another place for 360..

happy it worked for you... hoping i did not do the thing correctly
Quote Hi Herrpedro,

I saw somebody else reporting this, in a 360 rumors reply here: http://360rumors.com/2017/09/powerdirector-16-adds-game-changing-360-video-editing-features-stabilization-360-titles-object-tracking.html

Can I ask in what resolution you are producing?

regards, Frank

And yes, I believe you did it right.

here is my vortex ->http://clip2net.com/s/3NV23UZ

i'm exporting (also my input) 1920x960
Quote Hi Herrpedro,

I saw somebody else reporting this, in a 360 rumors reply here: http://360rumors.com/2017/09/powerdirector-16-adds-game-changing-360-video-editing-features-stabilization-360-titles-object-tracking.html

Can I ask in what resolution you are producing?

regards, Frank

And yes, I believe you did it right.

this is it ->

So far the stabilization is good, but after exporting it’s making a bit of that nadir vortex effect, still messing around with it to see if I can eliminate that.

and i also get a "black pie slice" of my 360 on the edges if i try to overlay a 360 picture on it (same pd15 project that made this https://youtu.be/XRic24mjYaM ) .. i just oponed it, added stabilization, produce.... but may be i messed up 2:1 res... going to check it... the vortex effect is not nice though

this is the little planet video from 2 years ago.... switched channel and lost the date

https://youtu.be/Bf3VyCW4VYg
been testing and retesting.. the "odd" effect has nothing to do with stabilize since it is there wether i use stabilize or not

it was not there in PD15 (i opened the same project)

i'm using a theta s

had a little planet video done 2 years ago but i made it from individual images.. took a week to render just hoping it will take less time now
Go to: