Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
360 output with Vortex on zenith and nadir
herrpedro
Newbie Location: Portugal Joined: Sep 20, 2017 16:42 Messages: 21 Offline
[Post New]
hi, just updated from 15 to 16 because of 360 video stabilization and been making a few tests mainly using the video that i wanted stabilized

in the output i noticed a vortex in nadir and zenith of my video.

did a simple experiment wich was -> with everying off load a 360 image and output as 360 video there it is.

in attachments you can chek a screenshot of the video and the original panoramic image nadir.

the original video is this one -> https://youtu.be/XRic24mjYaM

so i wanted to stabilize the 360video and put the plane over it (same i did in 15)

i find this very odd and hope it has a simple solution

thank you all for the help
[Thumb - source image.JPG]
 Filename
source image.JPG
[Disk]
 Description
source image
 Filesize
41 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
32 time(s)
[Thumb - vortex.JPG]
 Filename
vortex.JPG
[Disk]
 Description
vortex
 Filesize
58 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
31 time(s)
https://facebook.com/ruipedroimagery
herrpedro
[Post New]
Quote hi, just updated from 15 to 16 because of 360 video stabilization and been making a few tests mainly using the video that i wanted stabilized

in the output i noticed a vortex in nadir and zenith of my video.

did a simple experiment wich was -> with everying off load a 360 image and output as 360 video there it is.

in attachments you can chek a screenshot of the video and the original panoramic image nadir.

the original video is this one -> https://youtu.be/XRic24mjYaM

so i wanted to stabilize the 360video and put the plane over it (same i did in 15)

i find this very odd and hope it has a simple solution

thank you all for the help

hi all,

some people dloaded it and said nothing.. i assume they saw it too and there is nothing to be done

is there a way to report this as an issue in PD16?!

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Oct 01. 2017 14:15

Hatti
Contributor Location: Bonn, Germany Joined: Feb 21, 2017 15:54 Messages: 576 Offline
[Post New]

1. I watched the video with youtube. I cannot see a 'vortex'. You attached an image of that phenomenon, but the video looks like the 'source image' I made a screenshot of the part in the video.

2. In the upper right corner of Powerdirector, there is a question mark. Klick it. There you find the web site for online-support.

Hatti
[Thumb - no_vortex.jpg]
 Filename
no_vortex.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
Screenshot from video
 Filesize
86 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
16 time(s)
Win 10 64, i7-4790k, 32GB Ram, 256 GB SSD, SATA 2TB, SATA 4TB, NVidia GTX1080 8GB, LG 34" 4K Wide, AOC 24" 1080
herrpedro
[Post New]

1. I watched the video with youtube. I cannot see a 'vortex'. You attached an image of that phenomenon, but the video looks like the 'source image' I made a screenshot of the part in the video.

2. In the upper right corner of Powerdirector, there is a question mark. Klick it. There you find the web site for online-support.

Hatti

Hi, thanks.

the video from youtube is from PD15 and does not produce a vortex

i opened the same project and just produce the output and it added the vortex. Then i thought it might be from video 360 or some option and added a theta image so i could output that in video 360

the images are

• look down in input theta S image

• look down in video360 output from PD16

thanks for the hint. https://facebook.com/ruipedroimagery
TeflonJon [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Oct 05, 2017 20:21 Messages: 6 Offline
[Post New]
After you export the videos, are you opening them in the default Windows 10 video player when you check them? I thought Powerdirector was adding a vortex to my files too at first, but it turned out that the vortex only shows up in the Windows 10 default app. They look fine when I open them in any other 360 viewing app (Ricoh Theta, Insta360 Studio etc) and after I upload them to youtube.

Hatti

Hi, thanks.

i opened the same project and just produce the output and it added the vortex. Then i thought it might be from video 360 or some option and added a theta image so i could output that in video 360

the images are

thanks for the hint.
herrpedro
[Post New]
in fact i did open it with the new windows media player that supports 360

that would be SO GOOD. I'll try it next week... thank you so much!

Quote After you export the videos, are you opening them in the default Windows 10 video player when you check them? I thought Powerdirector was adding a vortex to my files too at first, but it turned out that the vortex only shows up in the Windows 10 default app. They look fine when I open them in any other 360 viewing app (Ricoh Theta, Insta360 Studio etc) and after I upload them to youtube.

Hatti

Hi, thanks.

the images are

thanks for the hint.
TeflonJon [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Oct 05, 2017 20:21 Messages: 6 Offline
[Post New]
No problem man. When I first started using the program I uploaded a clip to youtube to show someone the vortex effect only to find that it was magically gone on youtube. That's when I realized that it was actually the Windows 10 Movies & TV app causing the problem and not Powerdirector.

Quote in fact i did open it with the new windows media player that supports 360

that would be SO GOOD. I'll try it next week... thank you so much!

Quote After you export the videos, are you opening them in the default Windows 10 video player when you check them? I thought Powerdirector was adding a vortex to my files too at first, but it turned out that the vortex only shows up in the Windows 10 default app. They look fine when I open them in any other 360 viewing app (Ricoh Theta, Insta360 Studio etc) and after I upload them to youtube.

Hatti

Hi, thanks.

the images are

thanks for the hint.
herrpedro
[Post New]
That did it

nice!

now i can stabilize video..

Quote No problem man. When I first started using the program I uploaded a clip to youtube to show someone the vortex effect only to find that it was magically gone on youtube. That's when I realized that it was actually the Windows 10 Movies & TV app causing the problem and not Powerdirector.