Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Hello,

I would appreciate help with the following issues:
1) How can I link tracks (subtitles, titles, transitions,audio,etc) so when I add or remove a clip to/from one of the tracks the rest moves/adjust accordingly?

2) I had to shoot some pictures through a window which resulted in a reflection on the window glass and. Is there a way to remove such reflection from a clip?

Thank you,
M. Hazucha
I reorganized my directories. This resulted in clips being moved to a new directory from the original one when PDS was created. How do I link PDS with moved clips?

Thanks,
Nalim38
[Thanks, it worked.
I imported audio mp3 file into Library window. When I click on the icon it shows in the Preview window and plays music. However, when I move it on the audio track I get an error "Media source error (Error code 2)". How do I fix it?
Thanks MJH
Quote Hi,

The file names amd locations are "hard written" into the .pds file.

If the file is moved or deleted, PDR obviously cannot find it and asks if the user wants to manually find it or ignore it.

The project timeline would be populated with a "blank" corresponding to the missing file if it was needed but not found.

In your case, it would appear that the file was once used, is not longer needed but is still identified in the .pds file - hence it asks you to find it.

Two ways might work:

1. Open a copy of your project to make sure you don't cause a further problem with the real one. Rt Click on a blank space in the Media Library, select the Remove all unused content.... then save the project. This will re-write the .pds file and might cure the issue.

2. Again, Open a copy of your project to make sure you don't cause a further problem with the real one. Instead of Ignoring all when the dialogue asks, choose the Browse and manually look for the file named in the dialogue box. If you find it select it and it will go back into the Media Libray. If you need it - fine, if you don't, then remove it from the Library, save and that should cure it.

Cheers
PowerDirector Moderator.

Thank you for the suggestions but unfortunately neither of the two suggestions worked. In the second one when I opened the dialogue box the filename line showed "None".

However, I recalled that some versions back I "packed" the project to reduce the size of the project. Several edits later I removed from the media library one music WMA file which I did not use. Searching around for some clues, I opened music directory which was automatically created by packing the project and found the "removed" WMA file there. I deleted it from that directory and subsequently, when I opened the PDS file no warning box, everything works fine.

Thanks again,
Milan

It sounds like you have removed the source files. Did you use, say, an SD card to transfer the clips to PD, and then remove it. When PD creates a PDS files it does not store the images. The PDS file only tells PD where to look for the images.

It's always best to transfer the files to the hard disk before starting to edit. If you do that PD will always know where to look, load the images successfully.

Robert

I do not recall removing any clips. All the clips are on the HD in the same directory as PDS, unless I somehow removed one clip by pressing accidentally some key. Is there any fix for this?

Thanks,
Milan
I have no idea what I did before saving and exiting the project, however, when I subsequenty opened it a white box popped up with the message the "PD cannot open media....." When I select "Ignore All" the box disappears showing a new blue box that was hiding behind it. The header is Project (%) importing media with a bar showing a progress of import. Once 100% imported, the clips and everthing else is loaded and I can continue with editing.

I have not noticed anything unusual once everythig is loaded. However, I worry that sooner or later something will happen and all time-consuming editing will be corrupted or even lost. How do I get rid of the initial white warning box? I saved the project with a new name, I packed the project with a new name, but still cannot get rid of it.

I would appreciate suggestions.
Thanks for the suggestions. it worked.
Is there a way to lock subtitles and titles to clips so when I move a clip the subtitle or the title will move with it? Without this possibiity it is a pain to move all subtitles when a clip is moved.

After all work is done and the video clips, titles, subtitles, music etc. are finalized, is there a way to print the timeline information, e.g., clip file name, time, title, subtitle, etc.?

Thanks.
Thanks. It worked.

Milan
Thank you all for the suggestions.

I found the directory with MTS files and copied PDS file into the directory. When I opened the PDS file in Cyberlink (PD14) the MTS files appeared in the media room, however, the timeline still showed blank (black) frames. Is there a way to link it together?

When I opened the PDS file no message appeared about missing MTS file. Propbably in PD14 it was not inlcuded.

Thanks again

Milan
I created a PDS file which I moved from a directory that has MTS files used to create the PDS file to a different directory. When I opened the PDS file from this new directory in Power Director titles and subtitles are there, however, my media room is empty and the timeline shows blank boxes. (1) Is there a way I can link the PDS to a directory which contains MTS files, (2) Do i have to move my PDS file to the original directory where the MTS files are?

I opened PDS file in the new directory and imported the MTS files into media room. However, they did not link to the time line which shows blank boxes.

How can i fix it? Thank you

Milan
Thank you. I know that I can move subtitles and videos, but they move independently. How can I make them to move on the timeline together? When I move, e.g. a picture with associated subtitle, the subtitle stays behind and it is not moved. Subsequently, when I try to move the subtitle I have to search for a place on the time line where I moved the picture. With extensive editing this disconnect between subtitles and videos can become chaotic.

Thanks

Quote How can I keep the video file and subtitle linked together when moving the video file/frame on the video track during editing? Currently, when I move the video along the time track the subtitle stays in the original place.

Thanks

Hello,

Just click on the subtitle and move to left or right (left) mouse button down. Be aware that when moving the subtitle, the order of your subtitles can change. Check it in the subtitles room.

Alain II
How can I keep the video file and subtitle linked together when moving the video file/frame on the video track during editing? Currently, when I move the video along the time track the subtitle stays in the original place.

Thanks
Go to: