Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
...and when you contact Pixelan what did they say?
Shadowman and Tony
The ability to save alpha transition doesn't help at all if one needs/wants other transition.

PowerDirector Moderator,
From the dozens of forums that I attend from time to time, this one is the only one that refers to experts on it's top header. Before I do buy PD, I wanted to learn who are the forum members, how eager they are in exploring the software and master it, should I need help.

ynotfish,
You are correct, saving trans or FX's could be done in the older WMM and not since win7, So you think it was a good decision by MS to drop that feture?

I want the software to work for me and not me for it. why should I do extra clicks over and over again.
Saving/retrieving stuff is not "novelty" but a part of the workflow.

While I find in PD15 many strengths (Like handling masks) there are few annoyances I can't except for now.
I'm not an expert on PD (I don't own one) and your list is long.

You write most of your clips are on external drive, so it's USB conected? USB3?

Does it keeps it's path every time you connect it?

And if all this is PD thing, have you tried reinstalling it?
~250 views...

So I understand that either the experts are on vecation

Or the friends here don't care how to save a transition (or saving an FX properly).
What font did you choose?

If you select Symbol you can have a nice alpha
It's me again, still with the PD15 trail,

Can you halp me understand how do you save a transition once modified?

Say you placed the Airplane transition (from 2D) on the timeline between clips,

went to modify and set RED for the plane and BLUE for the ship, OK?

fine,

Now how the hell do you save that to be used again?

*** more than a decade ago I could do so in XP's movie maker, surly it can be done in PD in 2017

thank you,
Quote Well Well Well, as a newbie to PD I'm happy to give you all a feature you never explored

As I serch for this "modify" I found a partial solution to my query

When you on keframes menu right click on effect and save.

It's only partial solution as it saves the setup at nonminal duration , so if recalled to a diffrent clip duration the FX will be dffrent...

Strange that this was unknown to so many.

I'm sure that more people than you think know about saving a preset, but did you know that you can copy your effect from one clip to another by right clicking on it and selecting copy keyframe attributes and then clicking on the next clip, right clicking and selecting paste keyframe attributes. I'm sure lots of people know that too

This action is useless in my view as it copy the full set of attributes not just FX but positon, color and so on and one can't choose just what needed to be pasted, and it's good just for the curent project.
Well Well Well, as a newbie to PD I'm happy to give you all a feature you never explored

As I serch for this "modify" I found a partial solution to my query

When you on keframes menu right click on effect and save.

It's only partial solution as it saves the setup at nonminal duration , so if recalled to a diffrent clip duration the FX will be dffrent...

Strange that this was unknown to so many.
I need a hand here, where is "modify" ? I don't see it .
Realy???

B/W got only few parameters, but magnifier and lens flare or NewBlue got dozens options

So you saying that in 2017 , on PD15 one needs to set an FX from scrach every time he needs one?

Boy, it's a fundamental bug,

On my other NLE we can do this for years with one mouse click.
Sorry that I bring this again, but I'm using the PD15 trail and I just can't find how to save an FX for later use or diffrent project

I'll try to be clearer.

Say I want part of a clip to go monochrom

So I place on the clip (or on the fx track) the black & white filter (from the style tag)

I go to keyframes

on the clip head: I set degree 0 , set the mask size and positon ,select circle, set gradient 0

on the clip tail: I set degree 200 , set the end mask size and position, set gradient 200

You with me so far? Fine,

Now how do I save this B/W filter setup (or any other FX) to be used on difrent project?

Thank you.
What kind of improvements you want to do with PD ? How good is your VCR ? you better clean its heads.
Quote i have just bought a new PC and loaded PowerDirector15 Ultimate for my video editing. I am new to Power Director, having previously used Nero. My new PC runs Windows 10 and has a SSD and HDD and I am unclear where Power Director saves project files etc. I really want SSD to be for programs and HDD for Data. I am planning on having my source video files in folders on my HDD which I can presumably load into Power Director for editing etc. Presumably I assign names to projects and project files are saved by Power Director to my SSD but with my source data used in the project remaining on HDD? Are project files small in size and best left on SSD rather than trying to get Power Director to save them to HDD? Does Power Director create any additional files during project work that will end up being saved to my SSD, eating into the valuable spare space?

As a new user of Power Director I am keen to get things set up properly on my new PC before starting to use the product and would really appreciate advice on the best was to configure/use Power Director on a SSD/HDD combo.

If you peek PD prefrences you can set your defult folders there.

WIN10 will probably eat much more of your SSD than PD, and much more quickly.
I'm sorry, I know this is a PD users forum and not CL's, I just thought that few of my observations are sheard by others.

• I was wrong regarding saving a tamplate, it's a PIP tamplate, but still I don't know where is it saved and how to recall one when needed.

• Regarding FX, so realy there is no way to save a certain setup for future use on a diffrent project? each time you start from scrach? this is for sure a deal braker.

• Regarding the "i" hovering. well, I think that a software should be more claver than the user. I don't see the point of showing the information when one hover the i but for the action one needs to go and click elsewhere.

***Sorry for mispeles, the FF spell checer doesn't work on this site, I don't know why.
I postponed my move to PD as I see that along with it's merits in the masking field it has it's fair share of annoyances and "why the hell they do it that way" section.

7) There is the "i" icon that list the FX applied when the mouse hover on it, so why when I click it the effect settings does not pop?

8] I'm able to save FX setting as template, but where the hell is it and how I recall it, it is not listed in the FX list?

9) Why such small number of hot keys? you know we have two hands. one can hold the mouse and the other on the keyboard.

10) limited forum help.

** all based on PD15 trial.
Thank you very much Barry, your answers were great,

1) I will follow you regarding the "favorites". From that method I get that only the defult FX/trans is set as favorit. So If there is any tweak one made to acomedad the video on the timeline, that fx/trans can't be save as favorite?undecided

2) I also found that copy/paste all keyframes do not take the "mute" setting of a clip.

5) How do I reset the clip position in the preview ? only by undo? there isn't any defulted positions settings?

6) What about HR photo/video in HD project. When I place a media of higher resolution than the project, it conforms as full HD frame. How can I set it to it's true properites in order to pan/zoom down the line? No "original size" defult?
Quote Hi, I'm new to PD ( and I'm runing just the PD15 trial now), but I'm not new at all to video editing so I have few short questions .

1) How I save an FX, say I modifyed and custom made an FX I want to keep for later use? Is there any "favorites" section? I didn't find that in the manual.

1a) How many FX can be applied to a clip? how I change their hierarchy of influence?

1b) And transitions? If I have my favaroble transitions I want to pop first, when I select the transitions tab? I didn't find that in the manual.

2) Say I modified a clip for WB and other settings, how I copy them to be applied to other clips? I didn't find that in the manual.

3) Placing a clip in overlay track set it at full frame, is this defult can be changed? say to a smaller size?

4) Does the PD15 ultimate got any auto music feature?

These just quick ones that will get me going with my PD15 testing.

Thank you.

*** I see "My favorits" in FX and trans, but I don't see how to save there,

Realy guys? ~60 views and not a single comment? not even to one q?

You never use/need those feuters?
Why don't you give a link to your channel so we can see the type of your work you do?
Hi, I'm new to PD ( and I'm runing just the PD15 trial now), but I'm not new at all to video editing so I have few short questions .

1) How I save an FX, say I modifyed and custom made an FX I want to keep for later use? Is there any "favorites" section? I didn't find that in the manual.

1a) How many FX can be applied to a clip? how I change their hierarchy of influence?

1b) And transitions? If I have my favaroble transitions I want to pop first, when I select the transitions tab? I didn't find that in the manual.

2) Say I modified a clip for WB and other settings, how I copy them to be applied to other clips? I didn't find that in the manual.

3) Placing a clip in overlay track set it at full frame, is this defult can be changed? say to a smaller size?

4) Does the PD15 ultimate got any auto music feature?

These just quick ones that will get me going with my PD15 testing.

Thank you.

*** I see "My favorits" in FX and trans, but I don't see how to save there,
Go to: