Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Most other music apps use the "Album Artist" tag to sort Artists which is cleaner than the Track Artist tag with PowerDVD uses in the Music folder.

Is there any way to customise this behaviour?

Thx.

Simon.
As an update to my original post, I have just managed to pin down the problem causing my PowerDirector crashing issues: The Render Preview feature.

Whilst attempting to work on my current project, saving every step of the way in anticipation of the next crash, I noticed something in the user interface that I hadn't paid any attention to before.

Integrated in the time-scale in the Timeline window, were green coloured bars over various clips in the project. I wasn't sure what these signified in PowerDirector, but having recently used Adobe Premiere, I knew in that product they indicate the presence of Proxies for each clip.

Render Preview indicators

I checked in the Preferences dialog box in PowerDirector for the Shadow File (Proxies) setting and saw that it wasn't enabled, but whilst in the Preference dialog I used the option to manually delete Temporary Files.

Returning to my project the Green Bars had now gone, and so had the problems of PowerDirector crashing every few minutes. I was able to work for a few hours without issues for the first time in weeks.

The green bars appear if you click on the "Render Preview" button which has now located to the main output window. If I click this option over any section in my project, PowerDirector will crash shortly afterwards 100% of the time, if indeed it manages to finish the pre-Render process without crashing before completion.

I must have clicked on this button a few weeks ago without paying much attention, and it has been the root of my problems since.

Removing temporary files using the Preferences dialog box, effectively undoes the Render Preview option and has solved my problems.
Quote The best way to get help here is to follow the steps in the Read Me Before Posting guide and provide the DxDiag test results. That's the only way to understand how your system is configured and should help us figure out what's going on.

Thank you for your offer of help.

I had reinstalled again, and thought it was better, but alas no. I have attached my DXDIAG for your diagnosis.

IPD 365 continues to crash without error, and also takes out other apps that are open at the time such as MS Edge, Spotify, etc.

I had contacted Cyberlink support to ask if I could rollback to an earlier stable version, and they say this is not an option which is a shame, as you have no control of which version you are running if the latest update proves to be problematic.

Regards

Simon.
The latest PowerDirector 365 is constantly crashing on my PC, mostly just by itself, but other times it is taking all other desktop apps with it and less often, the whole operating system.

It is happening every time I run PD, whether I start a new project (more stable) or load a saved project (worse), and then do basic tasks such add titles, transitions, and even just doing nothing (letting PD idle) will crash the software.

In most cases it just stops working and closes without warning and without any error messages, even without Windows detecting an application error.

I have seen an error messages in Powerdirector about not having enough resources, but this is after several attempts at restarting the software after multiple crashes. (I guess not all PD processes are getting cleaned up after a crash)

I have an otherwise very stable system, running latest W10 updates, and Nvidia graphics drivers (GTX1070) etc.
My system has 32GB RAM and all SSD HDDs.

No other application including heavy weights such as Adobe Lightroom / Photoshop / Premiere is showing this behaviour.

I have tried reinstalling PD via the Application Manager, and this has made no difference.
I have tried just using the latest PD Essential, but that has the same issues.

I can run my last perpetual license version of PD16 without issues.

I really don't want to reinstall the whole OS, to solve an isolated issue with just one piece of software.

Can I rollback to an earlier stable release if I have a 365 subscription?
Is there a way to do a hard cleanse of all Powerdirector software before another try at reinstalling PD 365?

Any help much appreciated.
Quote Hi All

I am struggling to find a simple way to apply a perspective tilt or (depth) z-axis rotation for 2D images or clips in PowerDirector.

I'd like to change a rectangular image to this shape: / \

I know the are the "blue-squares", which allow you to free-transform the content, but is there a simpler control for this?

If the PIP designer had a perspective-tilt / z-axis rotation that would be most helpful!!

I'm trying to load a large image of a map, and "tilt" it to give a perspective of depth, but I imagine the effect could be useful for many things, such as "Star Wars" style titles etc.

Cheers

Simon.

It would be nice to have this feature in PowerDirector, then you could animated the tilt / Keystone effect with Keyframes. If you could also set the the locate of the pivot axis, then you could create Titles or PIP objects that "fall down" or "flip" / "spin" in the perspective direction.

That would be pretty cool!
Hi All

I am struggling to find a simple way to apply a perspective tilt or (depth) z-axis rotation for 2D images or clips in PowerDirector.

I'd like to change a rectangular image to this shape: / \

I know the are the "blue-squares", which allow you to free-transform the content, but is there a simpler control for this?

If the PIP designer had a perspective-tilt / z-axis rotation that would be most helpful!!

I'm trying to load a large image of a map, and "tilt" it to give a perspective of depth, but I imagine the effect could be useful for many things, such as "Star Wars" style titles etc.

Cheers

Simon.
Despite applying the latest October 2018 updates (my PowerDVD stands at version 18.0.2202.62) my original problem is still not resolved.

As before ONLY Music Videos from YouTube will not play. All other videos from YouTube work fine, so this must be YouTube API issue and not a local software or system configuration issue.

I am in the United Kingdom, which may be a factor if YouTube has applied regional restrictions to its own content in order to promote its other offerings such as YouTube Music etc.
As an extension of my earlier post on the PowerDVD forum, it seems that music videos on YouTube can no longer to opened by Power2Go or PowerDVD. Other types of videos on YouTube are still working fine with these tools.

https://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/77355.page
Hi

I use the YouTube play option in PowerDVD alot, mostly for playing music videos. In the last few days however, PowerDVD 18 has stopped being able to play these types of videos from YouTube.

PowerDVD will try to open the Music Video, and after about 8 seconds of showing the spinning bars icon, displays the error message shown in the attached image.

Other YouTube content does play ok.

If I try a few random non-music video clips from the default YouTube folder, they work fine, but not any Music video content.

Does anyone else have this issue?

UPDATE:

I just noticed the same issue is affecting Power2Go as well. Must be a change by YouTube affecting 3rd party tools?
Go to: