Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Youtube music videos no longer downloadable
CyberSimon [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jun 04, 2017 14:13 Messages: 9 Offline
[Post New]
As an extension of my earlier post on the PowerDVD forum, it seems that music videos on YouTube can no longer to opened by Power2Go or PowerDVD. Other types of videos on YouTube are still working fine with these tools.

https://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/77355.page
bobmitch [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jan 17, 2012 13:49 Messages: 35 Offline
[Post New]
Quote As an extension of my earlier post on the PowerDVD forum, it seems that music videos on YouTube can no longer to opened by Power2Go or PowerDVD. Other types of videos on YouTube are still working fine with these tools.

https://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/77355.page

Same here....and I downloaded the latest patch for v11 Platinum and still no worky...
hhnguyen [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Dec 20, 2015 23:19 Messages: 6 Offline
[Post New]
Youtube content is not downloadable. It has been months. Any idea when it will be fixed

Best Regards
Jets2011
Senior Contributor Location: Canada Joined: Sep 29, 2006 05:26 Messages: 760 Offline
[Post New]
Do you have the latest patch installed? You didn't inform anyone of your version, but version 13 patch was released less than a month ago: https://www.cyberlink.com/support/power2go-platinum/patches_en_US.html

Dave
hhnguyen [Avatar]
[Post New]
Sorry!, I'm still on Power2Go 11. Running on Windows 7. My current Power2Go is up to date for ver 11. Appreciate any advices. Will the problem be solved if I upgrade to ver 13?
bobmitch [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jan 17, 2012 13:49 Messages: 35 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Sorry!, I'm still on Power2Go 11. Running on Windows 7. My current Power2Go is up to date for ver 11. Appreciate any advices. Will the problem be solved if I upgrade to ver 13?

YES. I just upgraded to v13 and Youtube works again. Seems that only v12 and v13 got the fix for downloading Youtube videos.
hhnguyen [Avatar]
[Post New]
Thanks, Bobmitch. I will do that
Simon Sez [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Sep 10, 2016 23:24 Messages: 26 Offline
[Post New]

YES. I just upgraded to v13 and Youtube works again. Seems that only v12 and v13 got the fix for downloading Youtube videos.

So Power2Go 11 is no longer compatible for downloading youtube content, right?

Just want to confirm all the details before I purchase another program. Don't wanna be met with the 'content not available' warning after spending the money.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Sep 30. 2019 12:13