Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Perspective Tilt
CyberSimon [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jun 04, 2017 14:13 Messages: 9 Offline
[Post New]
Hi All

I am struggling to find a simple way to apply a perspective tilt or (depth) z-axis rotation for 2D images or clips in PowerDirector.

I'd like to change a rectangular image to this shape: / \

I know the are the "blue-squares", which allow you to free-transform the content, but is there a simpler control for this?

If the PIP designer had a perspective-tilt / z-axis rotation that would be most helpful!!

I'm trying to load a large image of a map, and "tilt" it to give a perspective of depth, but I imagine the effect could be useful for many things, such as "Star Wars" style titles etc.

Cheers

Simon.

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Apr 26. 2020 06:58

BarryTheCrab
Senior Contributor Location: USA Joined: Nov 06, 2008 22:18 Messages: 6240 Offline
[Post New]
Colordirector, if you have it, has a keystone function. HP Envy Phoenix/4thGen i7-4770(4@3.4GHz~turbo>3.9)
Nvidia GTX 960(4GB)/16GB DDR3/
Canon Vixia HV30/HF-M40/HF-M41/HF-G20/Olympus E-PL5.
Tape capture using 6 VCR, TBC-1000, Elite BVP4+, Sony D8 camcorder with TBC.
https://www.facebook.com/BarryAFTT
JL_JL [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Oct 01, 2006 20:01 Messages: 6091 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Colordirector, if you have it, has a keystone function.

I'm thinking Barry had PhotoDirector on his mind, it has a keystone feature. I don't believe ColorDirector does.

Jeff
BarryTheCrab
Senior Contributor Location: USA Joined: Nov 06, 2008 22:18 Messages: 6240 Offline
[Post New]
I'm not gonna bother looking later, you are surely correct, Jeff. Ok maybe I'll look... HP Envy Phoenix/4thGen i7-4770(4@3.4GHz~turbo>3.9)
Nvidia GTX 960(4GB)/16GB DDR3/
Canon Vixia HV30/HF-M40/HF-M41/HF-G20/Olympus E-PL5.
Tape capture using 6 VCR, TBC-1000, Elite BVP4+, Sony D8 camcorder with TBC.
https://www.facebook.com/BarryAFTT
CyberSimon [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jun 04, 2017 14:13 Messages: 9 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Hi All

I am struggling to find a simple way to apply a perspective tilt or (depth) z-axis rotation for 2D images or clips in PowerDirector.

I'd like to change a rectangular image to this shape: / \

I know the are the "blue-squares", which allow you to free-transform the content, but is there a simpler control for this?

If the PIP designer had a perspective-tilt / z-axis rotation that would be most helpful!!

I'm trying to load a large image of a map, and "tilt" it to give a perspective of depth, but I imagine the effect could be useful for many things, such as "Star Wars" style titles etc.

Cheers

Simon.

It would be nice to have this feature in PowerDirector, then you could animated the tilt / Keystone effect with Keyframes. If you could also set the the locate of the pivot axis, then you could create Titles or PIP objects that "fall down" or "flip" / "spin" in the perspective direction.

That would be pretty cool!

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Apr 26. 2020 11:02

JL_JL [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Oct 01, 2006 20:01 Messages: 6091 Offline
[Post New]
The blue squares which you reference can be key framed. They are freeform.

Jeff
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
Quote It would be nice to have this feature in PowerDirector, then you could animated the tilt / Keystone effect with Keyframes. If you could also set the the locate of the pivot axis, then you could create Titles or PIP objects that "fall down" or "flip" / "spin" in the perspective direction.

That would be pretty cool!

You can request this feature by using Rate Us & Provide Suggestions under PD's File menu. There's already a title effect called Perspective Scroll Up that does the Star Wars text intro.

YouTube/optodata

DS365 | Win11 Pro | Ryzen 9 3950X | RTX 4070 Ti | 32GB RAM | 10TB SSDs | 5K+4K HDR monitors

Canon Vixia GX10 (4K 60p) | HF G30 (HD 60p) | Yi Action+ 4K | 360Fly 4K 360°