Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Cyberlink Virtual Drive disappeared; how do I get it reinstalled?
Stevek, thanks for the reply. No, I don't currently have anything attached to the TV except for the Fire TV box which I recently got and sideloaded KODI as media center for music, videos, movies, etc.; it works pretty well but I don't find the UI and navigation to be very slick. I've also investigated using PLEX but that would require reworking my media database structure and recoding hundreds of movies which I am not going to do. This TV is in our kitchen and it is used almost exclusively by my wife which means that access to music, etc needs to be relatively easy to accomplish. For the past several years I've used an XBOX as a WMC extender and the MCE UI was pretty user friendly so she was able to navigate thru it pretty well. But with Win7 on the way out and Win10 available in a day or so, I have been trying to move away from the MCE product. Guess I might investigate using a DVD/BD player to access media from my NAS. Thanks again!
Is there an app that can be installed on Fire TV that gives access to PDVD Library?
Well, now I am a little confused. Yes, it will take some time to add a video file. Depending on the size of the file, it could take a few minutes. Also, if you are converting the file from another format to MPEG (which is what PD7 uses) then that can slow the loading. For example if you were to load a one hour TV show that you recorded with Windows Media Center, PD7 will convert the file from .dvrms to .mpeg and that will take some time as a one hour recording could be 3-4GB in size.

However, if you just launch PD7 as if you were going to make a new project with no media files, it should be open in less than 15 sec given your processor speed. But, once you start importing files for your project, some video files will take a while to load as I indicated above.
That's pretty strange. I use Vista Ultimate x86 version and I just launched v7.00.2227c and it was open in 8 seconds. I don't have super fast PC either, just Core2Duo @ 2.13 Ghz; I do have 4GB RAM but only about 1.4GHz used .

I am assuming that you aren't autoloading the project that you worked on last; if you have that preference checked, you might want to uncheck it and try. Maybe you could try launching performance manager before you launch PDR and see if you can see which resource might be the constraining element during the PDR launch--sounds like you will have a lot of time to analyze while it loads.
I just upgraded to 7.00.2227c from a previous version of 7.00.2???. Anyway I am still getting a nag popup that encourages me to upgrade to v .1905; I had this on previous .2??? version also. How do I get this popup disabled? It usually pops up from the task bar shortly after launching PD.
PDVD 7.3.4102.0, Vista Ultimate.

PowerDVD stops working every time I receive a notification message. Last night in middle of a movie, one of the Adobe products notified me that an update was available and PDVD stopped; I had to restart the movie as navigation was impossible until I exited PDVD and started over. The night before that, the same thing happened when Windows Update notified my PC that there were updates available.

Anybody got a fix for this?
I have solved the problem and it is release independent as far as I can tell--at least since the new PIP editor was made available, whenever that was I had the same problem on 4 different releases/patches. As it turns out, the problem occurs when the user is in the PIP editor and shrinks the image to the point of disappearance. (I wanted the my image to gradually appear from nowhere on top of the image in the Master Video Track at the beginning of the motion template and to disappear into nothing at the end of the motion track. When this is done, PD apparently permits the user to take the image to zero pixels, or some other very small level, which causes PD to crash during production phase. All I had to do to remedy was to shrink the image using the corner handles only to the point where it was barely visible (but not invisible) behind the position point on the motion template. After I did that on all my PIPs, PD produced the show just fine. CL needs to fix this defect as the software should have a limit on the minimum size that can be created by tugging on the corner handles, maybe to 1 pixel or so since PD cannot handle. I've sent CL this info as part of an exchange I have had with tech spt on this problem but haven't heard back from them yet on that particular message.
When I try to produce a short slide show, PD 6.00.1515 crashes; it doesn't matter which quality I pick. Latest patch does not fix. [See problem details below for both .1515 and .2120]. WinVista Ultimate/Intel 6420 dual core 2.13 GHz, 2MB RAM. CPU usage goes to 100% and when first slide change occurs, PD stops working. Also tried it on another of my PCs with AMD 62FX dual core 2.81GHz, 4MB RAM and same application crash occurs at the same spot in the producing. On this machine, CPU usage never exceeded 60%.

Product
PowerDirector

Problem
Stopped working

Date
11/13/2007 8:57 PM

Status
Report Sent

Problem signature
Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
Application Name: PDR.exe
Application Version: 6.0.0.1515