Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
PowerDVD Media Player for Fire TV
GRANDAN [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Nov 13, 2007 21:34 Messages: 9 Offline
[Post New]
Is there an app that can be installed on Fire TV that gives access to PDVD Library?
stevek
Senior Contributor Location: Houston, Texas USA Joined: Jan 25, 2011 12:18 Messages: 4663 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: Is there an app that can be installed on Fire TV that gives access to PDVD Library?

I don't have a FireTV.

As an alkternate, is your TV connected to your local Internet either stand alone or through a device like a DVD player that can connect to the local internet? If so, you should be able to set PowerDVD to stream to the local internet so you can see what is in PowerDVD. I have a Samsung DVD player that is connected to the Internet so I can see my library.

High speed Internet connection strongly recommended.

Is that good enough? .
BoilerPlate: To posters who ask for help -- it is nice to thank the volunteers who try to answer your questions !
Anything I post unless stated with a reference is my personal opinion.
GRANDAN [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Nov 13, 2007 21:34 Messages: 9 Offline
[Post New]
Stevek, thanks for the reply. No, I don't currently have anything attached to the TV except for the Fire TV box which I recently got and sideloaded KODI as media center for music, videos, movies, etc.; it works pretty well but I don't find the UI and navigation to be very slick. I've also investigated using PLEX but that would require reworking my media database structure and recoding hundreds of movies which I am not going to do. This TV is in our kitchen and it is used almost exclusively by my wife which means that access to music, etc needs to be relatively easy to accomplish. For the past several years I've used an XBOX as a WMC extender and the MCE UI was pretty user friendly so she was able to navigate thru it pretty well. But with Win7 on the way out and Win10 available in a day or so, I have been trying to move away from the MCE product. Guess I might investigate using a DVD/BD player to access media from my NAS. Thanks again!

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jul 27. 2015 16:36