Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Guys,

Does anyone who how I could create this type of fire/ flicker effect using PD 15-16? Please watch video below particularly at playtimes: 0.10, 0.33, 0.45 etc. I have seen this effect being used as clips/scene transitions too. Doesn't have to be exactly the same but im sure you get the idea.

https://youtu.be/TnJDDMbB4iM

Thanks in advance.

-PK
Tony,

You are so awesome. Thank you.

-PK

Quote Hi PK -

Ya got me! It sounds like part of the music to me, rather than a typing sound effect. That section of audio is attached.

Cheers - Tony
Thank you very much for your prompt response. I really appreciate it. I will definately be getting this font.

One more last question, what title effects is this as shown in video below? It is the title typing effect but more cinematic. I care more about the sound rather than the actual text. 1.36 through 1.50 playtime;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y8t0o_pQml8

Thanks.

-PK

Quote Hi PKPowerDirector -

That font looks like Banker Square Regular. It's not a freebie, but you may be happy to purchase it or find something similar.

There are plenty of square looking fonts like that, but not all have that small caps format.

Cheers - Tony
I am not associated with the video below but would like to know the name of the 'FONT' used on credits begininng at 2.20 through 2.40. If not a PowerDirector font, then what font could possibly come close to matching this one.

Here is the video. Thanks.

https://youtu.be/9-rnftkBA1s
Is there any benefit and/or noticeable difference in perfomance in having a completely separate asset media files (Project, cache, export, media etc) as opposed to having these same files on PowerDirector OS location (mainly C drive)?

My current set up: I have a 1TB Samsung EVO 960 SSD that has all my Programs files, including Powerdirector. This same drive houses all my project files. Also, I have another 4TB HDD Sata drive that I save all my completed projects on.

I am thinking of getting a 500GB SSD to use only for all my assets files (cache, media, export etc) during editing.

Is this how you are all set up? Does this add to any benefit whatsoever?

Thanks

-pK
Great to hear. What did you end up getting? How does the system handle PD 15? Any 'preview' issues with 4K Editing at all?

Lastly, did you custom build your system or you bouaght an ''already built system?

I apologize for all the questions. But would greatly appreciate the response.

-Thanks

Quote Phill6050,

Did you ever get a chance to set up your system yet? How is PD handling it?

Thanks.

Yes. Long time ago. I've since upgraded to PD15 and right now, while in S.E. Asia, using PD13 on my split laptop.

I was sure I marked this post as solved and if not, willl do it now.

Quote Plan to order it today so maybe later next week I may to to do the test... Now to reinstall everything at set it up!...
Phill6050,

Did you ever get a chance to set up your system yet? How is PD handling it?

Thanks.

Quote Plan to order it today so maybe later next week I may to to do the test... Now to reinstall everything at set it up!...
Sonic,

Thanks so much for your response. At this point, I am seriously considering all options. I could still return the Laptop and swap for a Tower desktop. Quick question for you, what is the very BEST tower you would recommend? I am not good at building and/or upgrading computers. I am simply looking for a system that is 100% ready to go. If you could provide a link as well, that would be awesome too.

Thanks

-PK

Quote Trust me, this is very disappointing...... I am still searching for a solution and hopefully a member here with exact same system configuration as mine would be able to chime in and help out. Keeping my fingers crossed.....

I keep saying that laptops are a bad choice for editing videos, but people keep wanting to waste money on them. The interaction between nVidia and Intel video cards (on a gaming laptop) are complicated and they don't behave nice in PD. My working laptop has a Quadro video card that doesn't have the same issues, but however, the CPU is underpowered when compared to my desktop.

A desktop workstation is a better option. And cheaper.
Trust me, this is very disappointing...... I am still searching for a solution and hopefully a member here with exact same system configuration as mine would be able to chime in and help out. Keeping my fingers crossed.....

Quote my cpu only runs 45-65% and have a much slower laptop than he does, im a little confused, im kind of having second thoughts on getting a better laptop if powerdirector will not run any better on it..
PepsiMan,

i am anxiously waiting for you to purchase this particular laptop. This way, we can work out the issues together.

PD not functioning on such a powerfully configured system is a total shame.

Quote Guys,

I could really use your help. I am extremely frustrated at this point and I simply dont know what to do. As stated on my most recent post on one of the 'PD Effects causing Lag, skip and Freezing' thread, I recently bought a brand new system Dell Inspiron 7567 Gaming Laptop. It has 16GB Ram, 512 SSD with Nvidia GEForce GTX 1050Ti Video Card. I have attached a copy of my DxDiag just in case this might help figure out my problem.

Initially, I was attempting to edit 4k Videos. Once they are placed on the timeline, the preview mode is somewhat dissapointing. The videos lag constantly and the moment I introduce Tools (Speed, Reverse) or even Fix/ Enhance (color adjustement), the preview page is rendered completely useless. There is no way to view the Speed preview. I kinda have to play a guessing game and the only way to tell whether the tools have been applied effectively is to render the video first......A major PITA.

Since I figured 4k Video wouldnt work, I attempted uploading and editing with 1080x720 resolution files. The preview playback this time is ok, however, effects, tools, speed etc would completely render the preview useless again.

As a last resort, I even tried going the proxy route with 'Rocky Mountain Converter' (1920x1080 Res with 25 Quality). Also tried 'Magic +PD' but again, tools and effects completely cripple my preview.

I purchased this system in conjuction with PD 15 hoping that the SSD Drive together with 16GB Ram and Nvidia GeForce GTX 1050 graphics would make 4k Editing a breeze, however, I am also finding that editing 720x1080 files is impossible.

PS: I have tried PD shadow files, lowering Preview Quality to High/ Normal resolution already. Still no difference

I will greatly appreciate any feedback, comment and/or suggestion as to how to make this work. Otherwise, I am just about to give up on PD and and try a different Software.

-PK

happy rooster new year.

sorry about you having problems.

my settings for RMMC is 8 or 10 fast. that is why PD can't handle real high bitrates.

looking at your dxdiag.txt your laptops cpu is getting overheated...

PD's GPGPU is for final rendering.

so either attach a sample file and or attach a pds file that you're working on and let rest of us troubleshoot it

and or open a support ticket to Cyberlink.

p.s.

i'll be getting a dell like yours but have to wait till my income tax return...

happy happy joy joy

PepsiMan

'garbage in garbage out'
Thanks for the response. Glad to know that you are able to edit 1080 files. How does the preview respond to effects/ enhance?

Quote sorry i dont have any advice, but i am also looking at upgrading to a better laptop with nivida, i would think the same as you as to it should work great! from what i have seen isnt adding shadow files the same as converting to proxy? although i have a slow laptop right now im able to do 1080 without to much issues.
I also have PD 15 and I think this explains why my Video Editing preview is lagging. Looking at Nvidia Control Panel, Cyberlink PD is assigned to 'integrated Graphics' and is completely grayed out. No way to change it.

How do I go about manually enabling PD to use Nvidia Graphics instead of integrated graphics? My system is Dell Inspiron 7000 Series.

THanks

-PK

Quote Yeah, I loose the OpenCL for other apps that are using it at the moment when I launch PowerDirector. After launching PowerDirector, I can then enable the Intel Graphics card so the other apps use it while PowerDirector uses the Nvidia card
Guys,

I could really use your help. I am extremely frustrated at this point and I simply dont know what to do. As stated on my most recent post on one of the 'PD Effects causing Lag, skip and Freezing' thread, I recently bought a brand new system Dell Inspiron 7567 Gaming Laptop. It has 16GB Ram, 512 SSD with Nvidia GEForce GTX 1050Ti Video Card. I have attached a copy of my DxDiag just in case this might help figure out my problem.

Initially, I was attempting to edit 4k Videos. Once they are placed on the timeline, the preview mode is somewhat dissapointing. The videos lag constantly and the moment I introduce Tools (Speed, Reverse) or even Fix/ Enhance (color adjustement), the preview page is rendered completely useless. There is no way to view the Speed preview. I kinda have to play a guessing game and the only way to tell whether the tools have been applied effectively is to render the video first......A major PITA.

Since I figured 4k Video wouldnt work, I attempted uploading and editing with 1080x720 resolution files. The preview playback this time is ok, however, effects, tools, speed etc would completely render the preview useless again.

As a last resort, I even tried going the proxy route with 'Rocky Mountain Converter' (1920x1080 Res with 25 Quality). Also tried 'Magic +PD' but again, tools and effects completely cripple my preview.

I purchased this system in conjuction with PD 15 hoping that the SSD Drive together with 16GB Ram and Nvidia GeForce GTX 1050 graphics would make 4k Editing a breeze, however, I am also finding that editing 720x1080 files is impossible.

PS: I have tried PD shadow files, lowering Preview Quality to High/ Normal resolution already. Still no difference

I will greatly appreciate any feedback, comment and/or suggestion as to how to make this work. Otherwise, I am just about to give up on PD and and try a different Software.

-PK
So I ended up purchasing a Dell Inspiron 7567 Gaming Laptop 16GB Ram 512 SSD with Nvidia GEForce GTX 1050Ti Video Card. Pretty much the exact same computer below;

http://www.ebay.com/itm/DELL-INSPIRON-7567-GAMING-LAPTOP-i7-7700HQ-16GB-512G-SSD-GEFORCE-GTX-1050Ti-UHD-/232197232611?hash=item36100897e3:g:BjAAAOSwUgNXPJYt

Long story short, this Laptop is a BEAST. Super fast. Loads everything in no time. However, there is still a problem with PowerDirector. Powerdirector 15 Preview is lagging so bad. Sometime it freezes up. Especially when adding effetcs and/ or video speed. Pretty dissapointed actually. I have even tried to reduce the 'Preview Quality' to simply a managable 'Normal Preview Definition'. It helps a little bit but still not as good. The reason why I upgraded my previous laptop to this beast is so that I can edit my 4k Video effortlessly. I am starting to think that this has something to do with Powerdirector 15 as Video Editor. Is there anything I can do to help solve this problem?
So I ended up purchasing a Dell Inspiron 7567 Gaming Laptop 16GB Ram 512 SSD with Nvidia GEForce GTX 1050Ti Video Card. Pretty much the exact same computer below;

http://www.ebay.com/itm/DELL-INSPIRON-7567-GAMING-LAPTOP-i7-7700HQ-16GB-512G-SSD-GEFORCE-GTX-1050Ti-UHD-/232197232611?hash=item36100897e3:g:BjAAAOSwUgNXPJYt

Long story short, this Laptop is a BEAST. Super fast. Loads everything in no time. However, there is still a problem with PowerDirector.

Powerdirector 15 Preview is lagging so bad. Sometime it freezes up. Especially when adding effetcs and/ or video speed. Pretty dissapointed actually. I have even tried to reduce the 'Preview Quality' to simply a managable 'Normal Preview Definition'. It helps a little bit but still not as good. The reason why I upgraded my previous laptop to this beast is so that I can edit my 4k Video effortlessly. I am starting to think that this has something to do with Powerdirector 15 as Video Editor.

Is there anything I can do to help solve this problem?
PepsiMan,

Thank you very much for your feedback. This is exactly what I m looking for. Quite spendy but i guess this will support the intended purpose.

Is there another comparable brand (other than Dell) that offers the same/identical configuration but at a much affordable platform that you would recommend?

Thanks.

-PK

Quote welcome to the forum.

Quote Hey Guys,

Newbie here. My first post too. Anyway, I recently purchased PowerDirector 15 Ultimate. I am looking at upgrading my Laptop to something that could actually work with this Video Editor.

I am looking at purchasing a Dell Inspiron ...
-PK

intel U and M series laptop cpus are made to conserve electricity. they're not for speed.

two costco laptops do not have discrete GPU s!!! you might go bald for pulling your hair out!

me, i don't have to go nuts because i'm like Kojak.

recommend similar to these for working with PD ->

http://www.ebay.com/itm/DELL-INSPIRON-7567-GAMING-LAPTOP-i7-7700HQ-8GB-DDR4-1TB-SSHD-GEFORCE-GTX-1050Ti-/332082868607?hash=item4d51ae717f:g:BjAAAOSwUgNXPJYt

it was posted on this thread -> http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/50275.page

and this one -> http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/50738.page

happy happy joy joy

PepsiMan

'garbage in garbage out'
Thank you so much for your feedback. Very much appreciated indeed. However, I am strictly looking for a Laptop. I do a lot of travelling and a 'portable' workstation is of paramount importance.

-PK

Quote Those latops are good only for light browsing and document editing. Not for video editing.

For the same ammount you can get an workstation that will actually be effective. If you go on used route (eBay) the benefits are even higher.

Something like this:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/HP-Z420-CAD-SolidWorks-Workstation-Xeon-3-6GHz-16GB-RAM-256GB-SSD-1TB-Win-10-/201619737589
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Super-Fast-HP-Z420-Workstation-3-60GHz-Intel-Xeon-16GB-RAM-1TB-HDD-Win-10-Pro/282322695803

Just add/replace the video card with a GTX960 ot GTX1050Ti
Hey Guys,

Newbie here. My first post too. Anyway, I recently purchased PowerDirector 15 Ultimate. I am looking at upgrading my Laptop to something that could actually work with this Video Editor.

I am looking at purchasing a Dell Inspiron 15 5000 Series Laptop from Costco. Please see link below.

https://www.costco.com/Dell-Inspiron-15-5000-Series-2-in-1-Touchscreen-Laptop---1080p---Office-365-Personal-(1-Year).product.100310698.html

Basically, it has Intel 7th Gen Core Processor with 16GB Memory and 512 SSD Drive.

The other alternative would be this one from Costco as well;

https://www.costco.com/Dell-Inspiron-15-7000-Series-2-in-1-Touchscreen-Laptop---Intel-Core-i7---4K-Ultra-HD.product.100313752.html

This one is a Dell Inspiron 15 7000 Series but with 8BG Memory and 512 SSD Drive. I am not worried about the 8GB Memory cuz I found out that I could purchase an additional 8GB from Dell ($65) to upgrade to 16GB Total. Very easy upgrade (only 1 screw).

Other than the RAM size, the only other major difference between the two are: One is a 5000 Series while the other is a 7000 Series. One supports 4K Ultra HD display.

I would greatly appreicate your feedback.

Thanks so much

-PK
Go to: