Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
PowerDirector 15 with Nvidia GEForce GTX 1050Ti- Help Needed!!!
PKPowerDirector [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jan 09, 2017 02:46 Messages: 22 Offline
[Post New]
Guys,

I could really use your help. I am extremely frustrated at this point and I simply dont know what to do. As stated on my most recent post on one of the 'PD Effects causing Lag, skip and Freezing' thread, I recently bought a brand new system Dell Inspiron 7567 Gaming Laptop. It has 16GB Ram, 512 SSD with Nvidia GEForce GTX 1050Ti Video Card. I have attached a copy of my DxDiag just in case this might help figure out my problem.

Initially, I was attempting to edit 4k Videos. Once they are placed on the timeline, the preview mode is somewhat dissapointing. The videos lag constantly and the moment I introduce Tools (Speed, Reverse) or even Fix/ Enhance (color adjustement), the preview page is rendered completely useless. There is no way to view the Speed preview. I kinda have to play a guessing game and the only way to tell whether the tools have been applied effectively is to render the video first......A major PITA.

Since I figured 4k Video wouldnt work, I attempted uploading and editing with 1080x720 resolution files. The preview playback this time is ok, however, effects, tools, speed etc would completely render the preview useless again.

As a last resort, I even tried going the proxy route with 'Rocky Mountain Converter' (1920x1080 Res with 25 Quality). Also tried 'Magic +PD' but again, tools and effects completely cripple my preview.

I purchased this system in conjuction with PD 15 hoping that the SSD Drive together with 16GB Ram and Nvidia GeForce GTX 1050 graphics would make 4k Editing a breeze, however, I am also finding that editing 720x1080 files is impossible.

PS: I have tried PD shadow files, lowering Preview Quality to High/ Normal resolution already. Still no difference

I will greatly appreciate any feedback, comment and/or suggestion as to how to make this work. Otherwise, I am just about to give up on PD and and try a different Software.

-PK
 Filename
DxDiag.txt
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
99 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
531 time(s)

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jan 29. 2017 04:14

cincydroneboy [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jan 21, 2017 13:36 Messages: 37 Offline
[Post New]
sorry i dont have any advice, but i am also looking at upgrading to a better laptop with nivida, i would think the same as you as to it should work great! from what i have seen isnt adding shadow files the same as converting to proxy? although i have a slow laptop right now im able to do 1080 without to much issues.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jan 29. 2017 13:11

PKPowerDirector [Avatar]
[Post New]
Thanks for the response. Glad to know that you are able to edit 1080 files. How does the preview respond to effects/ enhance?

Quote sorry i dont have any advice, but i am also looking at upgrading to a better laptop with nivida, i would think the same as you as to it should work great! from what i have seen isnt adding shadow files the same as converting to proxy? although i have a slow laptop right now im able to do 1080 without to much issues.
cincydroneboy [Avatar]
[Post New]
at first i was having problems, but have done some things to make it work smoother, i can check later and let you know what i changed, maybe it will help ya.
PepsiMan
Senior Contributor Location: Clarksville, TN Joined: Dec 29, 2010 01:20 Messages: 1054 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Guys,

I could really use your help. I am extremely frustrated at this point and I simply dont know what to do. As stated on my most recent post on one of the 'PD Effects causing Lag, skip and Freezing' thread, I recently bought a brand new system Dell Inspiron 7567 Gaming Laptop. It has 16GB Ram, 512 SSD with Nvidia GEForce GTX 1050Ti Video Card. I have attached a copy of my DxDiag just in case this might help figure out my problem.

Initially, I was attempting to edit 4k Videos. Once they are placed on the timeline, the preview mode is somewhat dissapointing. The videos lag constantly and the moment I introduce Tools (Speed, Reverse) or even Fix/ Enhance (color adjustement), the preview page is rendered completely useless. There is no way to view the Speed preview. I kinda have to play a guessing game and the only way to tell whether the tools have been applied effectively is to render the video first......A major PITA.

Since I figured 4k Video wouldnt work, I attempted uploading and editing with 1080x720 resolution files. The preview playback this time is ok, however, effects, tools, speed etc would completely render the preview useless again.

As a last resort, I even tried going the proxy route with 'Rocky Mountain Converter' (1920x1080 Res with 25 Quality). Also tried 'Magic +PD' but again, tools and effects completely cripple my preview.

I purchased this system in conjuction with PD 15 hoping that the SSD Drive together with 16GB Ram and Nvidia GeForce GTX 1050 graphics would make 4k Editing a breeze, however, I am also finding that editing 720x1080 files is impossible.

PS: I have tried PD shadow files, lowering Preview Quality to High/ Normal resolution already. Still no difference

I will greatly appreciate any feedback, comment and/or suggestion as to how to make this work. Otherwise, I am just about to give up on PD and and try a different Software.

-PK

happy rooster new year.

sorry about you having problems.

my settings for RMMC is 8 or 10 fast. that is why PD can't handle real high bitrates.

looking at your dxdiag.txt your laptops cpu is getting overheated...

PD's GPGPU is for final rendering.

so either attach a sample file and or attach a pds file that you're working on and let rest of us troubleshoot it

and or open a support ticket to Cyberlink.

p.s.

i'll be getting a dell like yours but have to wait till my income tax return...

happy happy joy joy

PepsiMan

'garbage in garbage out'

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Jan 29. 2017 18:03

'no bridge too far'

Yashica Electro 8 LD-6 Super 8mm
Asrock TaiChi X470, AMD R7 2700X, W7P 64, MSI GTX1060 6GB, Corsair 16GB/RAM
Dell XPS L702X i7-2860QM, W7P / W10P 64, Intel HD3000/nVidia GT 550M 1GB, Micron 16GB/RAM
Samsung Galaxy Note3/NX1
cincydroneboy [Avatar]
[Post New]
my cpu only runs 45-65% and have a much slower laptop than he does, im a little confused, im kind of having second thoughts on getting a better laptop if powerdirector will not run any better on it..

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jan 29. 2017 18:58

PKPowerDirector [Avatar]
[Post New]
PepsiMan,

i am anxiously waiting for you to purchase this particular laptop. This way, we can work out the issues together.

PD not functioning on such a powerfully configured system is a total shame.

Quote Guys,

-PK

happy rooster new year.

sorry about you having problems.

my settings for RMMC is 8 or 10 fast. that is why PD can't handle real high bitrates.

looking at your dxdiag.txt your laptops cpu is getting overheated...

PD's GPGPU is for final rendering.

so either attach a sample file and or attach a pds file that you're working on and let rest of us troubleshoot it

and or open a support ticket to Cyberlink.

p.s.

i'll be getting a dell like yours but have to wait till my income tax return...

happy happy joy joy

PepsiMan

'garbage in garbage out'
PKPowerDirector [Avatar]
[Post New]
Trust me, this is very disappointing...... I am still searching for a solution and hopefully a member here with exact same system configuration as mine would be able to chime in and help out. Keeping my fingers crossed.....

Quote my cpu only runs 45-65% and have a much slower laptop than he does, im a little confused, im kind of having second thoughts on getting a better laptop if powerdirector will not run any better on it..
PepsiMan
Senior Contributor Location: Clarksville, TN Joined: Dec 29, 2010 01:20 Messages: 1054 Offline
[Post New]
i wouldn't hold my breath until you turn blue first.

it looks a lot like similar to this -> http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/45/46836.page

my PD14 has HA with v365.10.

only nVidia driver v378.49 works for your GTX 1050Ti.

open a support ticket with CL.

if CL & nVidia was married then they haven't slept in a same bed since you know when...

whenever i purchase that dell, i AM in the same boat as you!

no, maybe not. don't have PD15.

oh happy happy joy joy

PepsiMan

'garbage in garbage out' 'no bridge too far'

Yashica Electro 8 LD-6 Super 8mm
Asrock TaiChi X470, AMD R7 2700X, W7P 64, MSI GTX1060 6GB, Corsair 16GB/RAM
Dell XPS L702X i7-2860QM, W7P / W10P 64, Intel HD3000/nVidia GT 550M 1GB, Micron 16GB/RAM
Samsung Galaxy Note3/NX1
garciadone [Avatar]
Newbie Location: Venezuela Joined: Jan 30, 2017 13:39 Messages: 3 Offline
[Post New]
Good afternoon!

I need to know the following:

I tried to upload a video to my youtube account from cyberlink powerdirector 15 directely( by the way is a demo),

but before to do it a message says that I have to allow to this company to manage my google or youtube account.

Well, the point is that I am not sure if this excellent company is going to do what it wants with my video without my concern. Because of that I didn't allow it but I am curious because if it is different and on the contrary it will help me to to distribute my videos and so on, then it would be fine.

May anybody give me this answer, please?

Thank you!

Luis Garcia

From Venezuela

www.mimensaje.com.ve

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jan 30. 2017 14:20

Good afternoon! I need to know the following:

I tried to upload a video to my youtube account from cyberlink powerdirector 15 directely( by the way is a demo), but before to do it a message says that I have to allow to this company to manage my google
The Shadowman
Senior Contributor Location: UK Joined: Dec 15, 2014 13:06 Messages: 1831 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Good afternoon!

I tried to upload a video to my youtube account from cyberlink powerdirector 15 directely( by the way is a demo),

but before to do it a message says that I have to allow to this company to manage my google or youtube account.

Well, the point is that I am not sure if this excellent company is going to do what it wants with my video without my concern. Because of that I didn't allow it but I am curious because if it is different and on the contrary it will help me to to distribute my videos and so on, then it would be fine.

Thank you!

Luis Garcia

From Venezuela

www.mimensaje.com.ve

Hi Luis

This is another subject to the one under discussion here on this thread.

It would be a real good idea if you started another new thread.

Click on New Topic at the top of the forum. Give it a title and leave your message and the Youtube experts will get back to you.

Robert Panny TM10, GH2, GH4,
garciadone [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote Good afternoon!

Thank you!

Luis Garcia

From Venezuela

www.mimensaje.com.ve

Hi Luis

Click on New Topic at the top of the forum. Give it a title and leave your message and the Youtube experts will get back to you.

Robert

Thank you! Good afternoon! I need to know the following:

I tried to upload a video to my youtube account from cyberlink powerdirector 15 directely( by the way is a demo), but before to do it a message says that I have to allow to this company to manage my google
The Shadowman
Senior Contributor Location: UK Joined: Dec 15, 2014 13:06 Messages: 1831 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Good afternoon!

Thank you!

Luis Garcia

From Venezuela

www.mimensaje.com.ve

Hi Luis

Robert

Thank you!

Hi Luis Garcia

You need to click on "New Topic" to start a new thread - see attached picture
[Thumb - garcia.png]
 Filename
garcia.png
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
39 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
103 time(s)

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jan 30. 2017 14:49

Panny TM10, GH2, GH4,
[Post New]
Quote Trust me, this is very disappointing...... I am still searching for a solution and hopefully a member here with exact same system configuration as mine would be able to chime in and help out. Keeping my fingers crossed.....

I keep saying that laptops are a bad choice for editing videos, but people keep wanting to waste money on them. The interaction between nVidia and Intel video cards (on a gaming laptop) are complicated and they don't behave nice in PD. My working laptop has a Quadro video card that doesn't have the same issues, but however, the CPU is underpowered when compared to my desktop.

A desktop workstation is a better option. And cheaper.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jan 31. 2017 08:53

garciadone [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote Trust me, this is very disappointing...... I am still searching for a solution and hopefully a member here with exact same system configuration as mine would be able to chime in and help out. Keeping my fingers crossed.....

I keep saying that laptops are a bad choice for editing videos, but people keep wanting to waste money on them. The interaction between nVidia and Intel video cards (on a gaming laptop) are complicated and they don't behave nice in PD. My working laptop has a Quadro video card that doesn't have the same issues, but however, the CPU is underpowered when compared to my desktop.

Thank you very much! Good afternoon! I need to know the following:

PKPowerDirector [Avatar]
[Post New]
Sonic,

Thanks so much for your response. At this point, I am seriously considering all options. I could still return the Laptop and swap for a Tower desktop. Quick question for you, what is the very BEST tower you would recommend? I am not good at building and/or upgrading computers. I am simply looking for a system that is 100% ready to go. If you could provide a link as well, that would be awesome too.

Thanks

-PK