CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Quote Hi,

I need to get direct vocal audio to the camera.

I have Shure 58s and some similar mics but not sure how to connect.

The 53 only has the mini jack while the 58 etc use a Canon.

Without having to go to a lot of expense what is the best way to do this please.

oz

Hi,
Might be simple or might not be.
The Sony FDR-AX53 (is this what you mean - not a Canon?) has a stereo minijack but the Sony specs say no more. The Shure has an XLR connector.

As well as the connector difference, which might be simply overcome with cables/adapters, is the actual performance and technical requirements of the two parts together.

Do these articles help?
https://service.shure.com/s/article/how-do-i-connect-a-professional-microphone-to-a-camcorder?language=en_US
https://service.shure.com/Service/s/article/camcorder-and-sm58?language=en_US
https://service.shure.com/Service/s/article/difference-between-bias-plug-in-power-and-phantom-power?language=en_US

Cheers
PowerDirector Moderator
Hello,

We do not see a track named "Egyptian Nights" in Shutterstock, so there is no way to compare (see attached) the two. Are you sure that is the name of the track you found in the Shutterstock feature of PowerDirector?

Cheers

PowerDirector Moderator
Hello,

It is quite a common occurrence for YouTube's copyright algorithms to do this and throw up false flags. So we suggest that you dispute the claim, as it has been shown many times to be incorrect.

See these other threads about the copyright claims on the background music from CyberLink as examples, and how to handle it:

https://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/20/77659.page

https://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/80455.page

Cheers
PowerDirector Moderator

I'd be interested to know if you see the same change in quality on your computer.

Yes, it coincides with the change of title text, at first glance???

Does it still occur with no titles active?

Ther are lots of converters out there, many members use Handbrake or FormatFactory for quick conversions.

Cheers
PowerDirector Moderator
Hi,

Just by way of a quick and dirty approach.

Your original clip is from an iphone using HEVC.

I converted the original to h264 near enough the same specs.

Both play fine outside of PDR

Place both the original HEVC and the h264 on adjacent timelines and resize in PiP.

The screen cap shows the comparison.

That degradation of the HEVC file carries through into the final production @h264 1920x1080 30fps 16mbs

So, it seems that PDR doesn't like the iphone HEVC file too much??

Cheers
PowerDirector Moderator
Quote I subscribe to PowerDirector 365. Maybe I don't understand my membership, but I thought it included free access to some stock footage. In my media library there's a Shutterstock icon and I click it and it shows several stock videos I would like to use. But when I downd them I get a long error message "an error occurres while opening this media file in the media library. It may be because the file is broken, an unsupported format, protected video content, or for another reason........."

If I click ok I get a prompt that the clips were successfully downloaded and available in the media library. If they are downloaded, I can't find them.

I'm on Windows 10 PC

Hi,

Ok try this post for the download locations to check if they are there:
https://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/82744.page#post_box_340946

As for them not playing, many of the Shutterstock videos are .mov files and perhaps your system has not got the correct codec?

https://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/82737.page#340871

https://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/77927.page#319288

Cheers
PowerDirector Moderator

Hi Phil, thank you for that info. It seems an odd way of showing fx etc. Used to use filmora 9 and it was much more straightforward but obviously more limited than Power Director.
Appreciate it, thank you.
James

Hello,

CyberLink has provided a full list of its effect packs and where you can find the effects in the program. Have a look:

https://www.cyberlink.com/support/faq-content.do?id=25083

Cheers
PowerDirector Moderator
Quote Trying to produce a 4K video on my Ipad Mini 5 64gb but it keeps crashing back to the desktop almost imediatly after starting. I have cleared all back ground apps and have rebooted.

Please help.

Hi,
Sounds like a hardware or compatibility issue. Unless any member has a Mini 5 with the A12 processor, it's going to be difficult to test.

If you get an answer from Technical Support, it would be good to share it here to build up the community knowledge.

Cheers
PowerDirector Moderator
Hello,

Please check the below thread for more info. I believe the issue is that your Chromebook does not meet the requirements to produce 4K video unfortunately:

https://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/81746.page#post_box_336517

Cheers
PowerDirector Moderator
Hello,

The update to 3120 is just to apply a hotfix to the launcher to resolve an issue with the Instagram feed.

Cheers
PowerDirector Moderator
Quote I'm capturing live video from a video camera to an mp4 file with PowerDirector. Connection is HDMI through a box to USB 3.

After taking a look at the file itself I can see at least part of the problem. The MP4 file that PowerDirector is creating is reporting the wrong duration in it's metadata.

Using ffmpeg I can see that the separate data for the audio and video streams has the correct duration, but the overall container format duration is not. And that is clearly the duration that both windows and PowerDirector are looking at.

So there's a discrepancy in the metadata of the MP4 file itself. Not at all sure if this is fixable by me, needs to be reported as a bug, or even where it's getting the inflated duration.

This is also why after processing it even a bit, the duration is fixed, since I'm sure the metadata is rewritten with the processed values.

Should I just report this as a bug?

Pat

Hi,
This one might be a difficult one to mimic, so the more detail of hardware, capture settings and workflow you can give the better to enable others to troubleshoot.

At first glance one might assume something like the camera connections not being "switched off" by some part of the capturing process and PDR still filling the space, but your AV streams do not suggest that, so we are left with the "container" settings and profiles perhaps?

If you can give members as much detail as possible, it would help. See https://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/80133.page

Cheers
PowerDirector Moderator
Quote When I click on "shutterstock Premium Media" icon in the Media Content screen, no videos are displayed and none show up if I search for them. I do see Photos and Music if I click on those tabs.

Hello,

We just received info from CyberLink that they are aware of this issue and are co-working with Shutterstock to resolve it.

Cheers
PowerDirector Moderator
Hi,

Not sure I have your question correctly understood but, as far as I can see, loading a New Workspace does not "reset" the media library to any default. So if you have a clip in the Library that has been marked in/out in the Library preview, the in/out markers are not reset by loading a new workspace and the previous in/out markers are retained.

New Project does act to reset any Library preview window markers.

Cheers
PowerDirector Moderator
Hi,

I understand the search for software that is optimised for your own needs and working environment, and I suppose most users have experienced that compropmise at some time or another. Whether that results in them moving from PDR to another product, or whether they use PDR for certain workflows and then other products to fill in "gaps", or add capability, is of course, a path they may take.

Overall, I think it's worth making a couple of points:

This is a user to user forum mainly focused on allowing members to seek assistance from others or for members to offer help with issues that occur. So to ask members why a particular design feature is as it is, just cannot really be answered!
Members have demonstrated how they use workarounds and workflows to adjust to the design and features of PDR, but if these suggestions do not meet your needs then no-one here can do much more!
CyberLink does welcome feedback, hence the Rate and Suggest option, and user experience does feed into product development, but no-one here can guarantee what is eventually included into new releases.

In most folk's experience, I think it's true that a piece of software very rarely is without it's individuality, very rarely is it ideally optimised for a specific user - even bespoke software often comes up short - and mostly users have to compromise somewhere along the line. That compromise will be down to their individual situation and context and others might perhaps make different compromises. You will no doubt make your own compromise.

As you explore PDR further, I'm sure members will assist in answering questions as best they can, but I'm afraid none of them will be able to answer some of the "why...." questions you pose.

Cheers
PowerDirector Moderator
Quote What are the boundries for using shutterstock content?

For example:
If I want to publish video's on social media, using shutterstock content world wide, is that allowed?
Must I add something in the credits wrt licenses Like "Music used under cyberlink license" or such?
Not sure if You tube also triggers the license defense where we have to add the defense the license is included in to the cyberlink video editor.

I someone familiar with this. Up to now I always bought a license for publications and needed to note this into the end ttile of the video and to YT license defense for authors to react.

Not willing to get sudden cost suprises afterwards.

Hi,
Check out the Shutterstock section in the EULA here:
https://www.cyberlink.com/support/faq-content.do?id=24399

and see if it clarifies things sufficiently for your needs?

Cheers
PowerDirector Moderator
Quote I took some 16:9 video "sideways" (holding camera sideways to that I could better get some footage of a tall subject). So, when I imported into PD15, the image displays sideways.

I rotated it 90 degrees, and it is perfect in the preview window.

I produce the video to a new mp4 file.

When I play the result, the image is back to the original orientation (so it is, once again, sideways).

If I re-open the project in PD, it displays in my desired (vertical) orientation.

But, when I play the produced mp4, it is horizontal.

How can I get the mp4 to be the same as the preview window in PD?

Thank you.

DG

Hi,

Which player are you using and have you tried other players to see if the issue is common across all players?

Cheers
PowerDirector Moderator
Quote .....to see if the dropout issue is universal or if it may be related to something on your system. .....

Hi,
Just to confirm that the drop outs are apparent on streaming from YT and they are clearly evidenced in the audio timeline, if the video is downloaded from YT and put into PDR.

A quick side by side clearly shows the drop out in the SVRT YT version.

Cheers
PowerDirector Moderator
Quote I've seen discussion here that the limit on the number of video layers depends on your hardware for Android. But does anyone know what the limits are for iOS and specifically iPad 2018?

Hello,

The info we received from CyberLink about this is as follows:

"For video overlay, if the iOS device's RAM is <= 2GB, it supports up to 2 overlay tracks. If the iOS device's RAM > 2GB, it supports up to 3 overlay tracks."

Cheers
PowerDirector Moderator
Hi Guys,

If there is any further progress on this matter, could you do it by PM or email etc. and avoid the use of the forum as a marketplace!

Don't want to act as a barrier to members helping each other, but nor do we want to have the forum turn into a buying/selling site.

So it's a valid question, but then it is quickly becomes a private and commercial matter between 2 members, rather than a matter for all members, and that is best dealt with as a private concern.

Thanks,
PowerDirector Moderator
Quote As a project workflow it's normal/common to insert the various clips in the timeline in a rough sequence before doing any editing on the whole. And then it's also common the make a change to a clip in a project, then play it to assess the result.

But it's downright annoying to have the project time marker zip back to the start of the project when stop is selected after such a clip edit and play operation. For a small project maybe that is not a big deal, when sliding the time marker back to the clip concerned is a short operation. But when the project is beyond small, you spend more time sliding the marker back to the clip involved than anything else.

In preferences, there seems to be a check box to manage that (screenshot attached). But it doesn't seem to work: the default is ticked, but even when unticked, clicking stop (the square icon below the preview window) still sends the time marker back to the start of the project.

What I would like to do is just either stop it dead (marker remains at the position it was when stop selected), or have the marker go back to the start of the clip being edited. Is there a working way to do that??

Hi,
Below the timline preview window select Clip or Movie (PageUp or Page Down).
In Movie mode the operations apply to the whole movie ie the cursor will return to the start of the movie, in Clip mode operations are confined to the selected clip.

Does that do what you need?

Cheers
PowerDirector Moderator
Go to: