Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Hello,

Yes, Combine is to reattach a split clip. You can just use the "Group Clips" right click option to do what you want:

https://help.cyberlink.com/stat/help/powerdirector/2024/win/enu/03_06_01_timeline_view.html?q=group

Cheers
PowerDirector Moderator
Quote I have the up-to-date version of PD. I have a video clip where I want to do a freeze frame, adjust the speed of parts of the clip, and also add some visual effects. In looking around, I see references to an "action camera" that sounds like it will do what I need. But.... how do I find that in the current version of PD? Is it perhaps no longer there,and if so, how can I do what I want to do?

Thanks!

Brian

Hi,

Select the video clip on the timeline
Select Edit
Scroll down to Action Camera Center
Select
Choose Effect tab for Time Shift and Freeze Frame

https://help.cyberlink.com/stat/help/powerdirector/2024/win/enu/09_01_13_02_creating_ae.html?q=action+camera

Hope that helps.

Cheers
PowerDirector Moderator
Hello,

There is no file size limit in PowerDirector for a video file, or for all the files in the library, as far as I know.

Cheers
PowerDirector Moderator
Hello,

There is a new version released today to provide minor updates to a couple features, including the launcher and add sample media back. The next feature and UX update is still scheduled for next month (November).

You can update to the latest version in CAM.

FYI, the perpetual patch is still scheduled to be released next week.

Cheers
PowerDirector Moderator
Hello,

You shouldn't face any issues with slowdown if you computer exceeds the minimum requirements:

https://www.cyberlink.com/products/powerdirector-video-editing-software/specs_en_US.html

FYI, if you plan to use two dffrent editors, be advised that the project files usually cannot be opened in different programs. You'll have to produce video files to use them in other programs.

Cheers
PowerDirector Modeator

I don't have Motion Graphics 015 title, but from what I've seen, so much of CL template offerings always have massive restrictions when it comes to just basic customizations. Basically, you only have the controls they expose to you, which in this case is not font size.

In your OP you said you "change the size of text", just how did you do that? As mentioned prior, you can scale everything but I see no way through the exposed controls that you have to change font size, just other attributes of the template text blocks.

Jeff

Hi,

Jeff is correct, some titles have more built in UI flexibility than others. I don't know of a way to identify what titles do what, other than by trying them.

This topic has more background info :
https://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/118323.page#post_box_445233

Cheers
PowerDirector Moderator
Hello,

The feature differences for PowerDirector 21 are listed here:

https://www.cyberlink.com/support-center/faq/content?id=27249

Sounds like you currently have a Director Suite 365 subscription, correct? If you cancel the subscription, that means you'll no longer have access to ColorDirector 365. Let us know if your situation is different.

PowerDirector 21 should be able to pass clips to ColorDirector. If not, then you may have to make color adjustments on the clips first before bringing them into PowerDirector.

Cheers
PowerDirector Moderator
Quote I have the latest version of PD 365 and when I already have a video inputted and then try effects or if I press the try AI Body Effects when launching and then add video

Same problem, the software crashes and you can't just wait because it will stay that way forever
You end up having to close the software but even if you try again, same issue
It with the effects feature , other features may be working ok
I have nvidia 3090 ti

Hi,
Can you confirm the exact version number of your installed PDR - my most recent is 22.0.2126.0.

Can you also give more details of "the software crashes..." ie does it just hang, go blank, shut down or....?

Is there any on screen message before or during the process - like "Downloading components" or a download %
Does the same issue occur when using the short sample file skateboard 01 for example.

Just trying to narrow down possibilities!

Cheers
PowerDirector Moderator
Quote I demand that the responsible individuals for this program provide me with an urgent solution to revert to the previous version of the software (version 21). Version 24 is extremely bad.

I have lost the ability to perform video editing for very long YouTube episodes due to this update. I want to restore the following:

1. The ability to click a clip and have the playhead move.
2. The opacity lines in the timeline.
3. The audio controls in the audio mixer.
4. The 'apply all' option for clips.

I don't have time to wait for a fix. I want to restore the previous version, or else I will cancel my subscription.

Hi,

I understand the frustration, but this is a user to user forum, with no direct access to CL product development, nor part of the formal CL Customer Service.

However, I can assure you that CL are aware of the issues you specify and, as you are aware, have issued hotfixes and information updates on some of these.

No-one on the forum can help directly, other than reporting on their experiences and workarounds etc.

As regards your demands, I can only recommend you address them directly to Customer Services, as the forum is not the correct pathway to get directly in touch with them.

Cheers,
PowerDirector Moderator
Quote Previously, I could click on a clip and jump right to the begining of it. This is important to me because I make videos with lots of short clips and getting right to the start of a specific clip is helpful for editing quickly. However, now I get the following pop up when I click on a clip:

"The playhead will not automatically jump to a clip you select. You need to drag the playhead to the clip to start playback."

Basically, I want the "playhead" to automatically jump to a clip I select. Is there a way to do this in the new version?

Hello,

CyberLink has provided users with a method to restore all 2024 versions to the previous playhead behavior. Check this post for the details:

https://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/0/119517.page

Cheers
PowerDirector Moderator
Hello,

CyberLink has provided users with a method to restore the playhead behavior to that of the previous versions of PowerDirector, i.e. the playhead will jump to the media clip on the timeline when it is clicked.

You can get the registry file from the below link, and then follow the below steps:

https://assist.cyberlink.com/cs/SOP/PDR/2024/Timeline_Playhead_Auto/PDR2024_Timeline_Playhead_Auto.zip

Please only perform the following steps if you are comfortable with updating your computer’s registry files.

1. Close PowerDirector if it is launched.
2. Download and extract the zip file.
3. Do either of the following:
  • Double click and apply the .reg file: Timeline_Playhead_Auto_On.reg to restore the pre-PDR2024 timeline playhead behavior.
  • Double click and apply the .reg file: Timeline_Playhead_Auto_Off.reg to use the current PDR2024 behavior.

Notes:
    - This method is available for all PowerDirector 2024 users, i.e. both 365 and perpetual versions.
    - After applying future PowerDirector 365 updates and perpetual patches, you will have to repeat the steps above to restore the playhead behavior. So we suggest you back up the download zip file for future use.

Cheers,
    PowerDirector Moderator
Quote I downloaded a ton of video clips for a project on the mobile app. I know how to delete them one at a time via the app. But, I would like to delete everything, in the folder, at once. Where are they located?

Hi,
You don't say which OS and hardware you are using?

Cheers,
PowerDirector Moderator
Quote Yes, I have reached out about the opacity adjustment being on the video clip on the timeline as well. This is not good. I used it all the time for fast edting, they need to bring it back or they are goign to lose customers! Has anyone heard from them about this feature coming back??

Hi,

https://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/119472.page#post_box_450041

I think we must wait untill the next update to see for certain.

Cheers
PowerDirector Moderator
Quote Hi All,

Today I bought PowerDirector 365 for Mac.

I expected to get the new layout with the horizontal icons, but it turned out to be the version with the vertical icons. I assume this will also transfer to the new GUI in the near future?

Kind regards
John

Hello,

As far as we have heard, there is no official timeline for when it will be updated. I guess we will just have to wait and see.

Cheers
PowerDirector Moderator
Hello,

Adding photos to the storyboard is working for me. See attached screenshot. Maybe take some screenshots of your own so we can see what is going on.

Cheers
PowerDirector Moderator
Quote This is a user-to-user forum and the developers do not typically look at any posts here.

As for the missing transitions, I just downloaded a couple and they do not show up in the Downloaded folder for some reason, even in the previous version of PD21.

Instead, click on All Content in the Transition Room and type in the first few letters of the transition's name in the search box at the upper right to see it, like this:

Hello,

We can confirm this and have reported it to CL as a bug. Thanks for reporting and confirming.

Cheers
PowerDirector Moderator
Quote I just saw that there was a new update. I was hoping that at least MY most frustrating issue would be fixed, and that's getting the playhead to go to the beginning of a track when you click on the track. NOPE!

I looked at a couple of other things, like the video track opacity in the timeline. Don't see it. What exactly did they fix in this version? Where's the changelog? i've never seen a professional software company so evasive about a changelog! I click on the "What's new in this version?" and I get an Error Page

Hello,

The change log is here:

https://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/119419.page#450040

These hotfixes are for critical crash issues. Any UI update requests (i.e. not bugs) would be implemented in the next version, usually expected in November or December. We do have information that CL is aware of all the UI complaints, so we will have to wait and see if any changes are made.

For the what's new help page, the URL was changed to:

https://help.cyberlink.com/stat/help/powerdirector/2024/win/enu/01_02_00_whats_different.html

Cheers
PowerDirector Moderator

The program is still crashing after downloading and installing the hot fix using the CAM.

Hello,

Another hotfix was released that includes the following updates:

- Fixes the issue that the program cannot correctly launch with specific Intel VGA drivers.
- Improves program stability when splitting video clips and then resizing in the preview window.
- Improves program stability when applying style effects and then moving clips to another track.

Please update and check if this finally fixes your crash issue.

Cheers
PowerDirector Moderator
Quote Could it be that cyberlink doesn't want people to see the problems we pointed out in the new PD 2024 until they release a correction, here for me an update 22.0.2118.0 appeared but I didn't notice any significant changes I'm really looking forward to what I posted about audio height monitoring Real-time monitor sound height dbs.

Hi,

No conspiracy theory here!

Forum server indexing problem, I'm afraid. It has been reported to the forum admin, so hopefully it will be resolved soon.

Cheers
PowerDirector Moderator
Quote I think the OP is asking 'What happened to the Audio Mixing Room which presented audio meters for Voice, Music and multiple Audio Streams?' And yes, it has gone to be replaced by a generic and simplified 'Audio' tab in the Editing menu.

Hello,

The audio mixing room is still available. The button was moved to the function buttons above the timeline:

https://help.cyberlink.com/stat/help/powerdirector/2024/win/enu/16_01_00_adjusting_audio_clip_volume_levels.html

Cheers
PowerDirector Moderator
Go to: