Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
motion graphics title problem
GaryS [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Aug 11, 2023 15:00 Messages: 8 Offline
[Post New]
if I change the size of text in a motion graphics title to overlay video it reverts to original size when I test by playing that section of the video. Other parameters like overlay stay but the size doesn't and I don't know how to lock it in to the size I want. Any ideas will be much appreciated.
JL_JL [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Oct 01, 2006 20:01 Messages: 6091 Offline
[Post New]
Quote if I change the size of text in a motion graphics title to overlay video it reverts to original size when I test by playing that section of the video. Other parameters like overlay stay but the size doesn't and I don't know how to lock it in to the size I want. Any ideas will be much appreciated.

What Motion Graphics title are you using? Many don't allow you to change font size, just font type but allow overall scaling to change size.

Jeff
GaryS [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Aug 11, 2023 15:00 Messages: 8 Offline
[Post New]
Motion graphics 15 with the three dots on either side. how can I tell which ones will allow font size change- Just try them?

What Motion Graphics title are you using? Many don't allow you to change font size, just font type but allow overall scaling to change size.

Jeff
JL_JL [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Oct 01, 2006 20:01 Messages: 6091 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Motion graphics 15 with the three dots on either side. how can I tell which ones will allow font size change- Just try them?

I don't have Motion Graphics 015 title, but from what I've seen, so much of CL template offerings always have massive restrictions when it comes to just basic customizations. Basically, you only have the controls they expose to you, which in this case is not font size.

In your OP you said you "change the size of text", just how did you do that? As mentioned prior, you can scale everything but I see no way through the exposed controls that you have to change font size, just other attributes of the template text blocks.

Jeff
PowerDirector Moderator [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: New Taipei City, Taiwan Joined: Oct 18, 2016 00:25 Messages: 2104 Offline
[Post New]

I don't have Motion Graphics 015 title, but from what I've seen, so much of CL template offerings always have massive restrictions when it comes to just basic customizations. Basically, you only have the controls they expose to you, which in this case is not font size.

In your OP you said you "change the size of text", just how did you do that? As mentioned prior, you can scale everything but I see no way through the exposed controls that you have to change font size, just other attributes of the template text blocks.

Jeff

Hi,

Jeff is correct, some titles have more built in UI flexibility than others. I don't know of a way to identify what titles do what, other than by trying them.

This topic has more background info :
https://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/118323.page#post_box_445233

Cheers
PowerDirector Moderator

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Oct 11. 2023 03:34

For customer support related issues, please contact:
- Customer service: https://membership.cyberlink.com/support/customer-services.do
- Technical support: https://membership.cyberlink.com/support/service/technical-support.do