Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Quote: Hi, I have just installed PD14 and to my surprise it's not able to read my music clips from a PD11 project. Such message appears:

"An error occurred while opening this media file in the media library. It may be because the file is broken, an unsupported format, protected video content, or for another reason. Try contacting your video provider for a different video format"

The file is a mp3 from a Creative Commons website, file details say it's not a protected content, neither its's broken or unsupported.

To my surprise another mp3 clip - classical music - imported flawlessly.

I'm lost. Help.
I would try a file converter on the bad MP3 file, there appears to be something wrong with the file for Powerdirector. Try converting to WAV.

I get the same error when I try to import sound clips from DirectorZone. These are Cyberlink files. Why would there be something wrong with them?
Thank you! I had tried that, but couldn't tell they were all selected. It worked, so thanks very much.
How do you group clips in the Timeline? I have a bunch of clips that all need to be moved much further forward in the Timeline. I've tried using the mouse to select several clips at a time, but that does nothing. Right now, I am moving each clip individually, and it's taking me forever. I've seen other posts where people talk about grouping clips, but I can't find anything that tells me how to do that, since selecting them doesn't work.
How do you group clips?
Go to: