Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
I have just rendered the file to mp4 and the result was perfect!

I'm going to do some more variations to see what works and what doesn't. I wonder if it is down to the huge variation in file structure between the captured AVCHD file and a small highly compressed WMV file. Maybe pushes the hardware too much?
Nothing is visible in either storyboard of timeline view. It is only the rendered file which has this peculiarity. My guess is that somethinghappens during rendering. Perhaps:

• Insufficient processing power

• something odd with timings 25fps v 24.9xx fps

I have already checked that out Longedge. The snap option is already ticked. The joints which have the black frames are butted up, even at very high 'magnification'

When the file is being rendered, it happily thrums along until it gets to the time of the black frames, then it crawls along , so my guess is that this is an effect related to rendering.
I have just created a 5 min videos (640x480 1mbps) from some clips created on a video camera (1920x1080 25fps, H264, 15mbps AVCHD). The created files has a black series of frames created in it in 3 places (47, 77, 84 frames respectively), in each case coincident with a clip junction on the time line. All the clips are contigous on the time line, so no gaps exist, and not all the clip joints show this effect, only 3 out of 13.

I am running on an intel i7 mechine, cpu load is 90% during production and only 7GB of 24GB memory is utilised. Open CL is and hardware decoding are selected.

I haven't a clue where to start looking for this, any ideas?
Thank you so much. I looked everywhere!
I have a video camera which shoots in full HD, however I have been asked to submit a file in 640 x 480 format. If I just produce the edited file in 640 x 480 all the items are truncated and look odd.

How am I best to overcome this? Is it just a matter of opening the footage in a 640 x 480 project, or do I have to crop everything?
Ynotfish, you have magical powers! surprised

I deleted the two 640x480 profiles from the folder, opened pd14 and they were absent from the dropdown.

Closed pd14, put your 4 files in to the folder and then opened pd14. Two new correctly configured profiles were in place, just as it should be.

From this I can only surmise that some of my profiles are corrupt in a not particularly obvious way. Maybe WMPE is less than truthful, and shows only part of the settings in the file.

This has solved my immediate problem, producing 640x480@1Mbps, so thank you all, although there is something strange still lurking within.
Three profiles as requested.

1. The first one is as described in para 2 above

2. The next two both appear as 2Mbps profiles in PD14.

I'm grateful
I have discovered a further complication....

1. I double clicked on 'WMV 9 720x576 2Mbps-PAL' (one of the imported profiles) and find it it has an internal name of 'WMV 9 720x576/25p (1.6Mbps)'. This appears in PD14 as 'Windows Media Video 9 720x576/25p (1.6Mbps)' A title obviously from elsewhere.

2. I then double clicked on 'WMV 9 960x540 1MBps-PAL' and find its internal name to be 'WMV9 960x540 1MBps'. On examination of the second tab in WMPE the video size appears as 384x288, 25fps, 1000Kbps, and cannot be saved to 960x540 if PAL 25fps is selected on the front panel of WMPE, but will accept it if 25fps is selected on the second panel. On that basis I susoect many profiles maybe corrupt, so will now check each one. That doesn't explain the naming oddity in para 1

Thanks for your concern on this chaps, it really is weird, and driving me nuts!

The screen grab you show Dafydd is the same as mine.

I have edited the External names to remove any spaces in the string ' - PAL', rebooted my machine, powered up PD14 and no differance to the options shown!

Next I replaced all spaces with underscores in two of the profile external names, no differance again when booting up. I have tried replacing spaces with underscores on the internal names, but in each case there is no change to the names displayed. Could it be reading the names from another language profile folder, or even the PD13 folder set?

(In each case the profiles I use for testing is 640x480, with one set to 1Mbps and the other to 2 Mbps. They both appear as the same file name in the dropdown.)
I agree that there is a confusion between internal and external names, what I can't understand is how that can happen if the files are not duplicated elsewhere. I think and hope I have attached the screengrabs successfully this time. Sorry for being a berk first time!

J
Capture2 Capture 1
I have tracked down the problem a little further. The names on the PD14 dropdown add up to the same number of profiles in the directory, but appear as different names.

For example, the dropdown has two entries for WMV9 640x480 2Mbps, the directory has WMV9 640x480 2Mbps AND WMV9 640x480 1Mbps. Opening the profiles with WMPE shows one profile with a bit rate of 1105 and the other with 2105. In each case the name in WMPE is correct.

I also have entries in the drop down such as 'Windows Media Video 9 720x576/25p (1.6Mbps)', whereas the profile file is named 'WMV 9 720x576 2 Mbps - PAL' with the same name within the body of the profile.

Each time I made any changes I had PD closed.

undecided
I have just sorted out my profiles in C:\Program Files\CyberLink\PowerDirector14\Language\Enu\Profiles, theyre all consistant and the ones I wont use removed. When I open the 'Produce' module however there is no change to the line up. It seems to be cached somewhere else. How do I refresh the cache please?
I understand that and have viewed some in notpad. What I am having trouble understanding is how you can create a VALID prx file. So for example it is plainly possible to make a 640 x 480 @ 1mbps profile which will work well. What happens if I try to make a 1920x1080 @ 1mbps? Will PD crash, will it do it or will PD fail to recognise the file?
Thanks for that Carl, but I was trying to understand how a PRX file is created in the first place.
J
I am very new to PowerDirector, and have searched for a method to generate custom wmv profiles. I found something for older versions, but it didn't seem to apply to 14 (PD Toots). Sorry if that sounds a bit lame but I did say I was new

Could somebody also explain to me whether the structure of the wmv container, and the way it is handled by PD. allows a trade off between resulution and quality. For example can you do a 640 x480 wmv file at 1Mbps, but also a 1920x1080 file at less quality?
Go to: