Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
New 'Produce Profiles' not showing.
Canonman5D3 [Avatar]
Newbie Location: UK Joined: Jun 26, 2016 14:17 Messages: 17 Offline
[Post New]
I have just sorted out my profiles in C:\Program Files\CyberLink\PowerDirector14\Language\Enu\Profiles, theyre all consistant and the ones I wont use removed. When I open the 'Produce' module however there is no change to the line up. It seems to be cached somewhere else. How do I refresh the cache please?
Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
Please provide a sceenshot of the Enu folder's content. Make sure you've named the prx file correctly.

If you have deleted from the correct location and did so with PowerDirector closed you should then reopen PowerDirector and see the wmv profiles

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Jul 03. 2016 09:40

Canonman5D3 [Avatar]
[Post New]
I have tracked down the problem a little further. The names on the PD14 dropdown add up to the same number of profiles in the directory, but appear as different names.

For example, the dropdown has two entries for WMV9 640x480 2Mbps, the directory has WMV9 640x480 2Mbps AND WMV9 640x480 1Mbps. Opening the profiles with WMPE shows one profile with a bit rate of 1105 and the other with 2105. In each case the name in WMPE is correct.

I also have entries in the drop down such as 'Windows Media Video 9 720x576/25p (1.6Mbps)', whereas the profile file is named 'WMV 9 720x576 2 Mbps - PAL' with the same name within the body of the profile.

Each time I made any changes I had PD closed.

undecided
Canonman5D3 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Capture2 Capture 1

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jul 04. 2016 12:09

Dafydd B [Avatar]
[Post New]
Select Post Reply and Attachments - you'll need to attach the images.

Looks to me you have a file name (external) and a internal display name muddle going on.
Ensure you follow the naming of the "-PAL" naming for the external and change the internal name to be different from all the others. Example WMV 9 Canonman5D3 SD720x576-25fps-. You must not have same name internals - that's what PDR is picking up in the Produce section.
Check your file naming structure more closely - you've just messed up a little
Just a guess.
Dafydd

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jul 04. 2016 12:58

Canonman5D3 [Avatar]
[Post New]
I agree that there is a confusion between internal and external names, what I can't understand is how that can happen if the files are not duplicated elsewhere. I think and hope I have attached the screengrabs successfully this time. Sorry for being a berk first time!

J
[Thumb - Capture2.JPG]
 Filename
Capture2.JPG
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
320 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
20 time(s)
[Thumb - Capture1.JPG]
 Filename
Capture1.JPG
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
195 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
16 time(s)
Dafydd B [Avatar]
[Post New]
Thank you for the images, not sure why you've asterisked the AVCHD warning image.

Is below the same as what you view as WMV Profiles, if not please show?

Open PDR14

Go to Preferences, set Track display to 25fps

Drag the sample video into track 1

Go to Produce

Select "Windows Media"

see image.

Dafydd

wmv profiles
[Thumb - SD-2013-02-2115.png]
 Filename
SD-2013-02-2115.png
[Disk]
 Description
wmv profiles
 Filesize
118 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
177 time(s)

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jul 07. 2016 06:26

ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Canonman5D3 -

As Dafydd mentioned earlier, the external names of your profiles (as posted in your screenshot Capture2) have an issue of an extra space. Many of yours are named xxxxxxxxxxx - PAL, rather than xxxxxxxxxxx -PAL Just remove the space before PAL. There's a screenshot attached showing your beside mine.

Inside your "Profiles" folder, you've made a sub-folder "NTSC". That's not part of the regular file structure. I'd leave it how it was laughing

Side note (Dafydd) - that "asterisk" is just the icon for IrfanView, showing it's the default program for JPGs.

Hope that helps a little, even though it doesn't address the duplicate profiles issue.

Cheers - Tony
[Thumb - WMV Profiles.png]
 Filename
WMV Profiles.png
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
270 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
16 time(s)

Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
Dafydd B [Avatar]
[Post New]
Side note (Dafydd) - that "asterisk" is just the icon for IrfanView, showing it's the default program for JPGs.

Yep, that does answer the "asterisk", threw me out as the JPG was highlighted.

Even Tony typed in an error (maybe as i haven't tested the x -PAL naming structure) when showing you how to title the files ...
Many of yours are named xxxxxxxxxxx - PAL, rather than xxxxxxxxxxx -PAL

Should read xxxxxxxxxxx-PAL to be exact

SEE: WMV 9 HD High Quality-PAL.prx
Dafydd

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jul 07. 2016 09:16

Canonman5D3 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Thanks for your concern on this chaps, it really is weird, and driving me nuts!

The screen grab you show Dafydd is the same as mine.

I have edited the External names to remove any spaces in the string ' - PAL', rebooted my machine, powered up PD14 and no differance to the options shown!

Next I replaced all spaces with underscores in two of the profile external names, no differance again when booting up. I have tried replacing spaces with underscores on the internal names, but in each case there is no change to the names displayed. Could it be reading the names from another language profile folder, or even the PD13 folder set?

(In each case the profiles I use for testing is 640x480, with one set to 1Mbps and the other to 2 Mbps. They both appear as the same file name in the dropdown.)
Canonman5D3 [Avatar]
[Post New]
I have discovered a further complication....

1. I double clicked on 'WMV 9 720x576 2Mbps-PAL' (one of the imported profiles) and find it it has an internal name of 'WMV 9 720x576/25p (1.6Mbps)'. This appears in PD14 as 'Windows Media Video 9 720x576/25p (1.6Mbps)' A title obviously from elsewhere.

2. I then double clicked on 'WMV 9 960x540 1MBps-PAL' and find its internal name to be 'WMV9 960x540 1MBps'. On examination of the second tab in WMPE the video size appears as 384x288, 25fps, 1000Kbps, and cannot be saved to 960x540 if PAL 25fps is selected on the front panel of WMPE, but will accept it if 25fps is selected on the second panel. On that basis I susoect many profiles maybe corrupt, so will now check each one. That doesn't explain the naming oddity in para 1

Dafydd B [Avatar]
[Post New]
Hi Canonman5D3,
How about attaching some or just one of your prx profiles and letting us take a look at and amend and then give some/one back to you to test/import? We can also test out etc.

Enu = English language, the default set up. Look in Preferences>General>Language to see if you've altered the settings - just in case.

Dafydd
Canonman5D3 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Three profiles as requested.

1. The first one is as described in para 2 above

2. The next two both appear as 2Mbps profiles in PD14.

I'm grateful
 Filename
WMV_9_640x480_2Mbps-PAL.prx
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
6 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
166 time(s)
 Filename
WMV_9_640x480_1Mbps-PAL.prx
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
6 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
175 time(s)
 Filename
WMV 9 960x540 1MBps-PAL.prx
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
6 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
168 time(s)
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Dafydd - Re: my naming "error". Here, it makes no difference whether the external name is xxxx-PAL or xxxx -PAL... both profiles appear in the dropdown & produce as expected. If they're named (externally) xxxx - PAL, they do no appear.

Canonman5D3 - the profiles that are internally named "Windows Media Video 9..." rather than "WMV9..." are, more than likely, profiles installed with PDR (i.e. not customised after installation).

Replacing spaces with underscores appears to make no difference (as you observed). The profiles appear in the dropdown menu.

In the screenshot below, the profiles internally named "cm WMV9..." are your profiles with underscores in the external name. The ones named "CM WMV9..." are the ones externally named xxxx(space)-PAL

Of course, they're only evident if the project timeline is set to 25fps

Don't worry - it's easy enough to get confused! I'm getting that way too embarassed

I don't know why those 640x480 profiles are appearing in the dropdown as duplicates, but they are! (screenshot shows that). I'll investigate further...

Cheers - Tony
ynotfish
[Post New]
Please try inserting the attached profiles in your Profiles folder. Here, they do not appear as duplicates. They produce correctly too, which is a plus laughing

Cheers - Tony
 Filename
WMV 640x480.zip
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
5 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
169 time(s)

Canonman5D3 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Ynotfish, you have magical powers! surprised

I deleted the two 640x480 profiles from the folder, opened pd14 and they were absent from the dropdown.

Closed pd14, put your 4 files in to the folder and then opened pd14. Two new correctly configured profiles were in place, just as it should be.

From this I can only surmise that some of my profiles are corrupt in a not particularly obvious way. Maybe WMPE is less than truthful, and shows only part of the settings in the file.

This has solved my immediate problem, producing 640x480@1Mbps, so thank you all, although there is something strange still lurking within.