Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Thanks tomasc.

The AR was set to 16:9, so there was only HQ and Smartfit available. I rarely use 4:3, so I hadn't realised that there were other options in this setting. The video I'm trying to put on DVD is actually 4:3 that I have put in 16:9. I've just tried one at 160 minutes in 4:3 and it's suggesting that it will go on the disc with EP and Smartfit. I'm trying the second option you suggested to see if that works as well.

Thanks so much for the information and your advice.

Matt

Edit: OK. Tried saving the film at 4000kbps in 16:9, closing and reopening PDR, importing the new film, and creating. The size of disc space required, in either HQ or smartfit, seemed to be unaffected. The only thing that was different was the produced file size, which was significantly smaller.
Hi,

I've tried creating a 4.7GB DVD with a film of greater than 110 minutes. However, even with 'Smart Fit', the film will not fit. Is there any way to overcome this and allow me to fit longer films on the DVD? Years ago, I was able to record two video films onto one DVD directly from a VCR to a DVR, which totalled around 180 minutes or so. The reproduction was not so good, but it was possible.

Matt
Thanks very much for your answers and suggestions. There're very much appreciated.

Matt
Due to the nature of the clips, I am unable to show screenshots or videos (though it is legal). However, I can tell you that the entire video from start to finish is out of sync, by some 8 frames (25fps) (audio advanced). I have to delay the audio by 8 frames to match the video during preview. The produced version is then audio delayed. Production is through H.264 AVC MP4 1920x1080/25p

Matt

Edit: Just tried it after changing the settings to 30fps ntsc and it syncs fine.

Question: is there a way to set the frame rate to 30fps for the current project only? That is, when I open this project, it will be editing in 30fps, but if I open PDR from scratch (or another project) it will be editing in 25, so I will not have to change the frame rate each time I change projects.

(Still don't understand why there's a perminent audio delay when editing 30fps video in a 25fps project.)
2K only. (1080)
Thanks.

It's Youtube download footage.

The statement "(there is only one)" is for the testing of the problem. The actual version may contain many hours of footage from many lengthy clips. Producing all the extra would not be feasible. Could there be another way?

Matt
Hi.

I'm having a problem with audio sync during edit and preview. The mp4 file I import is AV in sync. When I insert the clip (there is only one) into the timeline and view it in preview, it is out of sync. If I produce a video without doing anything to it, it is in sync. However, if I need to edit the picture against the audio, it will shift the audio sync out for procuction. Any idea what's happening?

Matt
Thank you for all your feedback.

Matt
Hi.

Just installed PhotoDirector 10 Essentials and tried out the video frame capture part. (Haven't figured out whether this feature is limited to the thirty day trial part.) The capture went well, but it stored it in TIFF and used a lot of storage. Any way to change the default to JPG? Also, I inadvertantly tried to convert the whole of a short film! It would have taken a very long time, but there didn't seem to be a way to break out of the process. Eventually, I had to end the process in task manager to stop it. Am I missing something?

Matt
Thanks for your replies.

Matt
Hi,

I have a situation that requires me to take snapshots of every single frame in a range. (I can't go into the details, suffice to say it's not illegal ) However, I can only find a way to snap individual frames. This works fine, but is EXTREMELY lengthy and monotonous. Is there way (ideally with PDR, but even with third party software) that allows me to do this?

I'm using PDR14.

Matt
Thanks,

One of the main reasons I asked this was that sometimes the video stream is long, and the content is slow moving and little noticable in the video. The detection system is too crude most of the time to pick up any changes acurately (unlike cutting or radical panning) so will either miss what I want or put scene splits in at inappropriate and 'random' times. Pulling the entire video into the timeline and splitting with chapters is fine (and a perfectly reasonable suggestion), but it has problems in itself. For instance, the piece that I want might only be a shot clip. My thought was that, as the detection is not good at detecting 'scenes' that are too similar to adjacent ones, I would have to manually put in 'cuts' at regular intervals - say 5 minutes - but only if PDR was unable to automatically split the scenes into these regular length intervals.

It certainly does not seem that PDR14 has this ability (unless someone can crorrect me on this), and if 15/16 doesn't either. maybe it would be something that might be considered for future versions.

Matt
Hi,

Scene Detection is a great little device - although the sensitivity is tricky. However, is there any way of creating standard time slices, e.g. 5 minute intervals? Does PDR15/16 have this feature?

Matt
The solution for me is to save Project, when reopening it problem has been fixed.

Thanks for your reply.

Unfortunately, I've found this doesn't work.

Matt
Hi,

I've noticed recently that fades occationally work in reverse. If I put a fade at the start of a clip, it will work fine and then it will suddenly start working in reverse, i.e. it will show full brightess, fade down and then, at the end of the fade, pop back to full brightness. This also happens at the end fade as well.

When it happens I find that, even when I delete the fade and reinsert one, the error still exists. The only way I have found to always correct it is to adjust the clip (say the start position) and then reapply the fade.

The whole problem wouldn't be quite so frustrating if it weren't for the fact that it happens at random with fades already put in place.

I don't particularly want to reinstall PDR.

Matt

PDR14, Win10
Thanks. I just worked it out from what you wrote. It was a simple as you suggested. Still not overly familiar with keyframes. Much appreciated.

Matt
My appologies. I don't think I expressed myself very well. I don't want an image showing that has been rotated and zoomed in, I want an image that spins and zooms in in the film.

Matt

Edit: Hold fire for a moment. I think I just realised what you were getting at.
Hi,

I'm trying to find a way to have a spinning zooming still image similar to the way films etc. have newspapers spinning and zooming up on screen with a headline.

Matt

PD14
It's more to do with aesthetics rather than permission. The vicar is happy for the cameras to be there, but I'd rather they were not obvious. The main camera is at the back and I'd rather not have the cameras visible in its frame. The wedding photographer will, undoubtedly, be moving about, but there's little I can do about that. There are other minor considerations which also make it difficult to move the cameras to a better position.

I'm more-or-less happy with the positioning, it's the quality I was concerned with. If there's no way of enhancing it, I'll have to try something else.

However, I will consider Hatti's suggestion re smart phones and bitrate reduction.

Again, thanks for your thoughts.

Matt
Thanks Carl.

I assume by 'closer to the wedding' you mean closer to the bride, groom and vicar. I had considered that, but the cameras would then be somewhat intrusive. They will be behind and either side of the vicar pointing towards each of the couple and towards the guests. The shots are supposed to be of each of the couple when they speak. Having the cameras closer would make them more obvious which I don't what them be. They are also having a wedding photographer taking stills. I may be using these in a montage during the signing of the register, where I don't have a video camera.

Thank you both for your comments. They're much appreciated.

Edit:

Tomasc, your post came in while I was messaging this. I will certainly look into this. Thank you.

Matt
Go to: