Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Create Disc Limit
MattC [Avatar]
Member Joined: Jun 03, 2016 12:12 Messages: 102 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,

I've tried creating a 4.7GB DVD with a film of greater than 110 minutes. However, even with 'Smart Fit', the film will not fit. Is there any way to overcome this and allow me to fit longer films on the DVD? Years ago, I was able to record two video films onto one DVD directly from a VCR to a DVR, which totalled around 180 minutes or so. The reproduction was not so good, but it was possible.

Matt .
PDR14; Win10-x64; i7-6700; 3.4GHz; 16GB RAM; plenty of HDD space; AMD Radeon R5 330.
tomasc [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 25, 2011 12:33 Messages: 6464 Offline
[Post New]
You did not say which aspect ratio is the video that you are trying to put on a DVD. The 110 minutes should fit with the SP and EP quality settings.

For 16:9 aspect ratio videos you need to produce the video with a custom profile of 4000 Kbps. Place this on a timeline, author and burn to a dvd or just create a folder. Use no hardware encoding.

Your old 180 minute videos can fit a dvd if you use the EP settings.
MattC [Avatar]
Member Joined: Jun 03, 2016 12:12 Messages: 102 Offline
[Post New]
Thanks tomasc.

The AR was set to 16:9, so there was only HQ and Smartfit available. I rarely use 4:3, so I hadn't realised that there were other options in this setting. The video I'm trying to put on DVD is actually 4:3 that I have put in 16:9. I've just tried one at 160 minutes in 4:3 and it's suggesting that it will go on the disc with EP and Smartfit. I'm trying the second option you suggested to see if that works as well.

Thanks so much for the information and your advice.

Matt

Edit: OK. Tried saving the film at 4000kbps in 16:9, closing and reopening PDR, importing the new film, and creating. The size of disc space required, in either HQ or smartfit, seemed to be unaffected. The only thing that was different was the produced file size, which was significantly smaller.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at May 23. 2021 02:39

PDR14; Win10-x64; i7-6700; 3.4GHz; 16GB RAM; plenty of HDD space; AMD Radeon R5 330.