Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Quote Hey all!

I have footage from camera 1 on track one and footage from camera 2 on track two and a seperate audio track recorded on a zoom located on the audio track. Because of problems with the zoom audio (DJ mike cut in and out) it sounds better when the audio from track one and the Zoom are combined.

I did the Sync by Audio option for these two items and placed them where I wanted in the timeline. Problem is, when I add a transtion between video segments it moves the audio and video for track one and un-syncs the audio. If I try the Sync by Audio options on the clips again, they both jump together to new tracks on the time line and when I move them back to the original track one location, the transitions is gone...as soon as I add the translation again...it moves the track and unlinks the audio all over again???

This problem would also come up when recording audio straight from a sound board to get the mics and music and combining it with the audio from the camera to get the live crowd sounds, clapping etc. at a reception. You can Sync by Audio but as soon as a transition is added it breaks the sync...

Just a regular user here,

But I've noticed that the transition causes overlap on the video track, but not on the audio track. So if you transition 2 sections, and as a result the video becomes 1s shorter, then everything to the right of the transition will be 1s off-sync to the audio.

That's my experience anyway, there might be more to it...
Hello folks,

So I've been using PD for a while now and I think I'm pretty familiar with the program, but I've come across an issue and I want to know if there's a fix or something...

Basically, this is the situation:

I have a five minute clip (the target edit length is 5 min, all my source material is about 2 hours)

And I'm working on my project for a few hours, edits here, cuts there, transitions, particles, etc etc etc

Synchronicity is extremely important to me, I absolutely must have that splash in the water synchronized with that cymbal crash on the audio track. Make sense? (I posted before about an audio/video project I was working on where the actual audio didn't even match up with the peaks/valleys shown in the editor, but that's a different story).

All this ramble, my concern is that I take a 30s clip, speed it up to double the speed, so it reduces itself to a 15s clip.Confirm the edit, clip changes size, no problem.

Problem. Every other clip on the timeline to the right of this clip also moves to the left by 15s. Not just the track I'm working on, but every track in the project.

As a workaround, I've been taking the little clip I want to edit, putting it at the very end of the project, making the speed adjustment, and then moving it back to it's proper place in my timeline. I've been doing this a lot, and for a long time.

It's a workaround, and I can do it, no problem. But it's annoying! LOL

And sometimes, after I zoom out, the clip is so small on the timeline that I cannot click and grab it with the mouse. So I end up zooming in until I can grab it, and then I click and drag it to the end of the timeline, and I gotta sit there for what feels like 5 minutes just waiting for it to scroll to a safe work area.

Would be so much user-friendly if I could edit the speed, the clip would accept the edit, and every other clip on the timeline stay in place. Kind of like cutting, remove and leave gap or remove and fill gap.

With the edit speed function it seems hardwired to fill gap.

So my question is: is there any way I can move this clip to a place where I can edit it safely, without having to spend all this extra time moving it to the end of my project?

I hope that makes sense,

Thanks in advance for any feedback
Quote:
Quote: Have you tried Use Automatic Music Beat Detection... It might help to locate those points.

I wonder if it might be the audio track/format. I'm gonna try rerender the audio then see if its fixed.

Yup that resolved it. Rendered it into .wav and now editing playback stays consistent.

Thx guys
Quote: Have you tried Use Automatic Music Beat Detection... It might help to locate those points.

Good idea, tried that this morning. Kinda useless because it's an intense audio track, mostly full of highs.

After detection it's still the same problem.

I wonder if it might be the audio track/format. I'm gonna try rerender the audio then see if its fixed.
Quote: Try producing it. It may be fine, just the editing playback that can't keep up.

Yeah, last time this happened to me that's how it sorted itself out. But it doesn't really help with the edit process itself, since I can't fine tune the changes if the playback doesn't keep up.
Hello folks

Working on a music and photo slide-show project, and trying to synchronize photo changes with key points in the music.

Thing is, the audio track doesn't stay consistent to the time line.

I listen to the music, and I adjust the picture so the change occurs at exactly 'this time' in the audio track...

but when I review my change, the audio is off by an amazing amount.

I made a screen capture, but then thought it'd be too much to show all that.

But basically, this is what's happening...

Audio track is playing, I want to change the displayed photo when the audio changes at 00:00:35:14

so I stretch the photo from before, and make sure it stops at exactly 00:00:35:13, and insert the new photo at 00:00:35:14

And I want to confirm this match up by listening to it again, so I begin playback from the 00:00:35:14 mark

BUT, and this is what is really confusing to me...

the audio that I hear now is what was being played at 00;00;31;22

NOW, if i mess around with the photo's and adjust them to the sound of the audio, NOW they match...

BUT, if i go up and click stop the stop square, effectively moving to the beginning of the project, and I press play and watch it from a fresh start...

It's all messed up and matching to the audio track that played the first time, where it would have been alright when I lined it up to 00:00:35:14...

What's really peculiar about this is that there's no change in the waveform at all. The peaks and valleys remain the same and there's absolutely no visual feedback that represents what's happening in the audio. Waveform stays the same, audible output is totally different.

This has happened to me before, and I worked around it, mostly by having blind faith in my change ups and praying to god that it turns out ok. But I'm getting more nittpicky, and I want my transtitions to be where I want them now.
Go to: