Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Sync by Audio/Transition Problem
CG2112 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Mar 19, 2016 18:27 Messages: 13 Offline
[Post New]
Hey all!

I have footage from camera 1 on track one and footage from camera 2 on track two and a seperate audio track recorded on a zoom located on the audio track. Because of problems with the zoom audio (DJ mike cut in and out) it sounds better when the audio from track one and the Zoom are combined.

I did the Sync by Audio option for these two items and placed them where I wanted in the timeline. Problem is, when I add a transtion between video segments it moves the audio and video for track one and un-syncs the audio. If I try the Sync by Audio options on the clips again, they both jump together to new tracks on the time line and when I move them back to the original track one location, the transitions is gone...as soon as I add the translation again...it moves the track and unlinks the audio all over again???

This problem would also come up when recording audio straight from a sound board to get the mics and music and combining it with the audio from the camera to get the live crowd sounds, clapping etc. at a reception. You can Sync by Audio but as soon as a transition is added it breaks the sync...
Longedge [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Apr 28, 2011 15:38 Messages: 1504 Offline
[Post New]

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Nov 09. 2016 10:34

[Post New]
Quote Hey all!

I have footage from camera 1 on track one and footage from camera 2 on track two and a seperate audio track recorded on a zoom located on the audio track. Because of problems with the zoom audio (DJ mike cut in and out) it sounds better when the audio from track one and the Zoom are combined.

I did the Sync by Audio option for these two items and placed them where I wanted in the timeline. Problem is, when I add a transtion between video segments it moves the audio and video for track one and un-syncs the audio. If I try the Sync by Audio options on the clips again, they both jump together to new tracks on the time line and when I move them back to the original track one location, the transitions is gone...as soon as I add the translation again...it moves the track and unlinks the audio all over again???

This problem would also come up when recording audio straight from a sound board to get the mics and music and combining it with the audio from the camera to get the live crowd sounds, clapping etc. at a reception. You can Sync by Audio but as soon as a transition is added it breaks the sync...

Just a regular user here,

But I've noticed that the transition causes overlap on the video track, but not on the audio track. So if you transition 2 sections, and as a result the video becomes 1s shorter, then everything to the right of the transition will be 1s off-sync to the audio.

That's my experience anyway, there might be more to it...