Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Audio Track Anomaly
[Post New]
Hello folks

Working on a music and photo slide-show project, and trying to synchronize photo changes with key points in the music.

Thing is, the audio track doesn't stay consistent to the time line.

I listen to the music, and I adjust the picture so the change occurs at exactly 'this time' in the audio track...

but when I review my change, the audio is off by an amazing amount.

I made a screen capture, but then thought it'd be too much to show all that.

But basically, this is what's happening...

Audio track is playing, I want to change the displayed photo when the audio changes at 00:00:35:14

so I stretch the photo from before, and make sure it stops at exactly 00:00:35:13, and insert the new photo at 00:00:35:14

And I want to confirm this match up by listening to it again, so I begin playback from the 00:00:35:14 mark

BUT, and this is what is really confusing to me...

the audio that I hear now is what was being played at 00;00;31;22

NOW, if i mess around with the photo's and adjust them to the sound of the audio, NOW they match...

BUT, if i go up and click stop the stop square, effectively moving to the beginning of the project, and I press play and watch it from a fresh start...

It's all messed up and matching to the audio track that played the first time, where it would have been alright when I lined it up to 00:00:35:14...

What's really peculiar about this is that there's no change in the waveform at all. The peaks and valleys remain the same and there's absolutely no visual feedback that represents what's happening in the audio. Waveform stays the same, audible output is totally different.

This has happened to me before, and I worked around it, mostly by having blind faith in my change ups and praying to god that it turns out ok. But I'm getting more nittpicky, and I want my transtitions to be where I want them now.
Richmond Dan
Senior Contributor Location: Richmond, VA Joined: Aug 07, 2014 17:17 Messages: 673 Offline
[Post New]
Try producing it. It may be fine, just the editing playback that can't keep up. Regards,
Dan
Power Director 21-Ultimate
v 21.0.3111.0
XPS-8940, Win-10 64-bit,
Intel Core i9-10900 processor
(10 core, 20M Cache),
32GB DDR4 RAM, 2TB M.2 PCIe NVME SSD, 2TB 7200 RPM SATA HDD,
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 SUPER 8GB GDDR6
tomasc [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 25, 2011 12:33 Messages: 6464 Offline
[Post New]
Have you tried Use Automatic Music Beat Detection... It might help to locate those points.
[Post New]
Quote: Try producing it. It may be fine, just the editing playback that can't keep up.

Yeah, last time this happened to me that's how it sorted itself out. But it doesn't really help with the edit process itself, since I can't fine tune the changes if the playback doesn't keep up.
[Post New]
Quote: Have you tried Use Automatic Music Beat Detection... It might help to locate those points.

Good idea, tried that this morning. Kinda useless because it's an intense audio track, mostly full of highs.

After detection it's still the same problem.

I wonder if it might be the audio track/format. I'm gonna try rerender the audio then see if its fixed.
[Post New]
Quote:
Quote: Have you tried Use Automatic Music Beat Detection... It might help to locate those points.

I wonder if it might be the audio track/format. I'm gonna try rerender the audio then see if its fixed.

Yup that resolved it. Rendered it into .wav and now editing playback stays consistent.

Thx guys