Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
PD and PP workable on new laptop
martinexena [Avatar]
Member Joined: Sep 03, 2007 07:12 Messages: 63 Offline
[Post New]
Hello friends,
I got finally a new laptop intel core I7-4500U 1.8Ghz with turbo boost upto 3.0Ghz.
Nvidia geforce GT 720M with 2GB dedicted Vram
8GB DDR3 L memory
Windows 8 64bit
Aspire V5-573G

I would like to purchase Power Director 12 ultra or Ultimate and Power Producer 6. Will my laptop be strong enough?

And I have AVCH of my Sony camera (HD) so assume both programs can handle that.

Can you inform me if all will be working?

Thanks
Martine
Let's keep New Zealand clean!
borgus1 [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Feb 27, 2013 00:33 Messages: 1318 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: I would like to purchase Power Director 12 ultra or Ultimate and Power Producer 6. Will my laptop be strong enough?

Should do the job...
http://www.cyberlink.com/products/powerdirector-ultra/spec_en_US.html?&r=1
stevek
Senior Contributor Location: Houston, Texas USA Joined: Jan 25, 2011 12:18 Messages: 4663 Offline
[Post New]
You said " I would like to purchase .... and Power Producer 6."

Why both? .
BoilerPlate: To posters who ask for help -- it is nice to thank the volunteers who try to answer your questions !
Anything I post unless stated with a reference is my personal opinion.
martinexena [Avatar]
[Post New]
Stevek

I always have used power producer after my film was done with power director, since quality was better with pp then pd.
It went als also faster and easier with pp. I have to say that dates from pd 5 and 6.
Had it maybe improved since then?

Thanks to advise me.

Martine
stevek
Senior Contributor Location: Houston, Texas USA Joined: Jan 25, 2011 12:18 Messages: 4663 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: Stevek

I always have used power producer after my film was done with power director, since quality was better with pp then pd.
It went als also faster and easier with pp. I have to say that dates from pd 5 and 6.

Thanks to advise me.

Martine

Thanks for the information. Sometimes I get inquisitive perhaps a little out of context. Yes, PD has made great improvements.

I guess I wouldn't buy a program just for encoding and burning to a disc. That is your personal preference. I would guess that both programs might have the same encoding engines but I don't know for sure. There are other ways of burning to a disc if you make an folder-set to burn later.

If you have a 64bit Windows Operating System PD the versions you posted, will use all the memory it needs. It is pretty fast for editing and encoding (rendering).

Bottom line, of you have the money to spare, go for it.

Perhaps others have more feedback

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Oct 29. 2013 12:38

BoilerPlate: To posters who ask for help -- it is nice to thank the volunteers who try to answer your questions !
CubbyHouseFilms
Senior Contributor Location: Melbourne, Australia Joined: Jul 14, 2009 04:23 Messages: 2208 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: Stevek
Thanks to advise me.
Martine

Hi Martine

I used to use PP after I finished my project in PD but since PD8 I do not see the need for PP as the Create Disc functions and associated Menus etc work just fine.

As Steve has said if you want to enhance your editing experience and have the dough - go for it

My laptop specs are on my signature and our camera files are similar.

Happy editing Happing editing

Best Regards

Neil
CubbyHouseFilms

My Youtube Channel
My Vimeo Channel
PD3.5, 5, 6 & 7. Computer: Dell Dimension 5150, Intel Pen. 2.80 GHz, 2GB RAM, NVIDIA GeForce 8600GT 256MB, Windows XP Pro!!
PD8 Ultra v3022. Computer: Dell Studio 1747, Intel, i7 Q740 1.73 GHz, 8GB RAM, ATI Mob. Radeon HD 560v 1GB, Windows 7 Ult. 64
PD10 Ultra v2023. Computer: HP Pavilion dv7, Intel, i7 2630 2.00 GHz, 8GB RAM, ATI Mob. Radeon HD 6770 2GB, Windows 7 Pre. 64
PD12 Ultra v2930. Computer: HP Pavilion dv7, Intel, i7 2630 2.00 GHz, 8GB RAM, ATI Mob. Radeon HD 6770 2GB, Windows 7 Pre. 64
PD13 Ultim v3516. Computer: HP Pavilion dv7, Intel, i7 2630 2.00 GHz, 8GB RAM, ATI Mob. Radeon HD 6770 2GB, Windows 7 Pre. 64
PD16 Live v2101 Computer: HP Pavilion dv7, Intel, i7 2630 2.00 GHz, 16GB RAM, ATI Mob.Radeon HD 6770 2GB, Windows 7 Pre. 64
Director Suite 6: PowerDirector 16 Live, PhotoDirector 9, ColorDirector 6, AudioDirector 8

Cameras: Sony(s) HXR-NX5P, HXR-NX70P, NEX-VG10E, a6300 4k, HDR TG5E, GoPro 4 Black, Canon 6D DSLR

Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
- PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!

martinexena [Avatar]
[Post New]
Hi Neil,

Thanks for the info. That is so wonderful about this forum that we all share how we work and how versions do improve.

I will start purchasing the PD and see how far I get. If the burning of DVD is good, then I just stay with PD.

Once more question: PD Ultra or Ultimate? What should you take? I'm not a professional but I do make a lot of films and entries for music video contests.

Another question : from the screenshots I do see the layout has not that much changed, so I assume it is just a matter to find your way around again. Right?

I love Cyberlinck PD. Better and easier then Adobe Elements or so.

Thanks to advice me on the Ultra and Ultimate version.

Kind regards
Martine Let's keep New Zealand clean!
CubbyHouseFilms
Senior Contributor Location: Melbourne, Australia Joined: Jul 14, 2009 04:23 Messages: 2208 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Martine

Quote: Hi Neil,
Once more question: PD Ultra or Ultimate? What should you take? I'm not a professional but I do make a lot of films and entries for music video contests.

For the sake of $20 AUD go for the Ultimate.

Here's the differences:

http://www.cyberlink.com/products/powerdirector-ultimate-suite/compare_en_AU.html

Another question : from the screenshots I do see the layout has not that much changed, so I assume it is just a matter to find your way around again. Right?

There's a bunch of tutorials on Youtube, some of the best are from PDtoots.

Here's a link to their list of tutorials:

http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/30026.page

PD12 is very similar to other PDs so you shouldn't have much difficultly finding your way around, if you do try the CL Youtube Channel:

http://www.youtube.com/user/CyberLinkChannel

All the best.

Happy editing
Happing editing

Best Regards

Neil
CubbyHouseFilms

My Youtube Channel
My Vimeo Channel
PD3.5, 5, 6 & 7. Computer: Dell Dimension 5150, Intel Pen. 2.80 GHz, 2GB RAM, NVIDIA GeForce 8600GT 256MB, Windows XP Pro!!
PD8 Ultra v3022. Computer: Dell Studio 1747, Intel, i7 Q740 1.73 GHz, 8GB RAM, ATI Mob. Radeon HD 560v 1GB, Windows 7 Ult. 64
PD10 Ultra v2023. Computer: HP Pavilion dv7, Intel, i7 2630 2.00 GHz, 8GB RAM, ATI Mob. Radeon HD 6770 2GB, Windows 7 Pre. 64
PD12 Ultra v2930. Computer: HP Pavilion dv7, Intel, i7 2630 2.00 GHz, 8GB RAM, ATI Mob. Radeon HD 6770 2GB, Windows 7 Pre. 64
PD13 Ultim v3516. Computer: HP Pavilion dv7, Intel, i7 2630 2.00 GHz, 8GB RAM, ATI Mob. Radeon HD 6770 2GB, Windows 7 Pre. 64
PD16 Live v2101 Computer: HP Pavilion dv7, Intel, i7 2630 2.00 GHz, 16GB RAM, ATI Mob.Radeon HD 6770 2GB, Windows 7 Pre. 64
Director Suite 6: PowerDirector 16 Live, PhotoDirector 9, ColorDirector 6, AudioDirector 8

Cameras: Sony(s) HXR-NX5P, HXR-NX70P, NEX-VG10E, a6300 4k, HDR TG5E, GoPro 4 Black, Canon 6D DSLR

Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
- PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!

martinexena [Avatar]
[Post New]
Many thanks Neil. I go for the Ultimate. I will get around I think Have Always used PD5 and 6 sofar.

Burgus, Stevek, thanks for sharing your points of view and helping me here.

To all, much appreciated for assisting me.

Have a great day further and much succes with your projects.

stevek
[Post New]
Thanks, let us know. .
martinexena [Avatar]
[Post New]
Ok, got it all installed and found my way around.

But..... the particle room. I really don't know how to make that work. If I insert one item it doesn't appear in the film or in the preview.

I tried for example the Hearts and my plan was to them dropped down in the middle of a clip. I just couldn't make it work.
How should I do this?

Is there also an option to create a kind of credit list at the end of the movie?

stevek
[Post New]
Quote: Ok, got it all installed and found my way around.

But..... the particle room. I really don't know how to make that work. If I insert one item it doesn't appear in the film or in the preview.

I tried for example the Hearts and my plan was to them dropped down in the middle of a clip. I just couldn't make it work.
How should I do this?

Is there also an option to create a kind of credit list at the end of the movie?

Martine

After you select the particle, drag it down to a video track and moved it to where you want it. You can stretch it out longer if you want. Right click on it and your will get and editing window where you can adjust the motion, the number, the size, and a lot of other things.

A credit list: It depends on what you want to do. You can add scrolling text to the end of the video clip, to a still image or to a color board added to the video track.

Let me know if you want some screen captures.
martinexena [Avatar]
[Post New]
stevek,

Particle :
Should I drag it onto the same track as the video clips or on another track?
I did put it on the same track as the video clips and it didn't work.

Scrolling text : where can I find and create it?

Yeah if you can share some screen captures that would be wonderful.

stevek
[Post New]
Quote: stevek,

Particle :
Should I drag it onto the same track as the video clips or on another track?
I did put it on the same track as the video clips and it didn't work.

Scrolling text : where can I find and create it?

Yeah if you can share some screen captures that would be wonderful.

Martine

Here is an image of the particle information. If you can find the text, I'll add that later. I don't have time now.

Re: Text. - Select what you want to put the txt on - the video, an image or a color board (media room option). Go to the tile room and select one of the options for text (like ending credits). Drag that down to a new track. Click on it, edit the text and chage the motion. Note the placwe where you want to add the text has to be longer than the text scroll. For example of tyou want the text to scroll for 320 seconds, the duration of the video, image or the color board must be longer than that.
[Thumb - Particle.jpg]
 Filename
Particle.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
Particle Room
 Filesize
260 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
80 time(s)

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Oct 30. 2013 11:41

martinexena [Avatar]
[Post New]
Hi Stevek,

Got it perfect thanks to your screenshot and information.

Particle : depends on what particle you take. Bubbles will not float through the video. But hearts and some others do.

Scrolling text: Ofcourse, why didn't I see that scrolling template?

I think I can manage now :

Just need to see how the burning works, but took a look at it and I guess that should work out just fine.

Many thanks again Stevek, much appreciated.

martinexena [Avatar]
[Post New]
I just started PD 12 and I got a message in the below right corner of my laptop that there was an update.
However the message dissappeared immediately.

Does anybody know how to update it now? Cause I don't see any button or option in the program that allows to check again for an update.

I even restarted PD12 but the message didn't come back.

thanks in advance

Kind regards
Martine

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Nov 26. 2013 08:15

stevek
[Post New]
Go here: http://www.cyberlink.com/support/product-update.do?locale=en_US

Also in the future just go to the top of this page and click the Downloads tab.

Read the messages here about the recent update and video card drivers. .
martinexena [Avatar]
[Post New]
How can I see if it the latest update or not?

And if that update message doesn't show again, how shall I know when there is an update?

stevek
[Post New]
Quote: How can I see if it the latest update or not?

And if that update message doesn't show again, how shall I know when there is an update?

Chances are that it disappeared once it realized that you have the latest.

Open PowerDirectior and click on the arrow up icon. It will tell you if there is an update.

Also click on the cinema camera icon and it will give you the "About" information. See image:

[Thumb - current version.jpg]
 Filename
current version.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
About
 Filesize
128 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
94 time(s)
martinexena [Avatar]
[Post New]
Hi Stevek,

Cool! Thanks for your help. Much appreciated.

Didn't try the Arrow as I thought is was only for an upgrade.

So now I did click the Arrow and there are no updates shown there. So, I assume that my version is upto date.

The version I have right now is : 12.0.2109.0