Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
NTSC / PAL settings
martinexena [Avatar]
Member Joined: Sep 03, 2007 07:12 Messages: 63 Offline
[Post New]

I already found out that in the option 'Produce' I can make a file with NTSC settings.

However, when I use the option 'create disc' I don't see any option that let me see which setting is used for the DVD.

Do I need to change this in the General preferences : Clicking on the Wheel and then General and change there PAL into NTSC?

Will the disc then be created in NTSC?

With my previous old version of PD I never used the option Create disc. I Always used Power Producer to do this.

So, can someone guide me as my DVD needs to be in NTSC.

Thanks in advance.

Kind regards
Martine
Let's keep New Zealand clean!
James1
Senior Contributor Location: Surrey, B.C., Canada Joined: Jun 10, 2010 16:20 Messages: 1783 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,
In PD go to preferences menu and you can pick the default Ntsc/Pal option for the project. Then the DVD's will be produced with that 'format' the other options in the drop downs give you frame rate aspect etc.
Jim Intel i7-2600@3.4Gz Geforce 560ti-1GB Graphic accelerator, windows 7 Premium 12GB memory

Visit GranPapa64's channel for your YouTube experience of the day!
BarryTheCrab
Senior Contributor Location: USA Joined: Nov 06, 2008 22:18 Messages: 6240 Offline
[Post New]
If you are in PAL, everything will be produced to that, same for NTSC. HP Envy Phoenix/4thGen i7-4770(4@3.4GHz~turbo>3.9)
Nvidia GTX 960(4GB)/16GB DDR3/
Canon Vixia HV30/HF-M40/HF-M41/HF-G20/Olympus E-PL5.
Tape capture using 6 VCR, TBC-1000, Elite BVP4+, Sony D8 camcorder with TBC.
https://www.facebook.com/BarryAFTT
martinexena [Avatar]
[Post New]
HI Jim,

Thanks for the information.

The only thing I now face is that because I started the project in Pal, the program is asking me if I want to change the preferences back to Pal or leave it in NTSC, when I open the project.

So I choose to leave it in NTSC. I hope the quality doesn't change much, cause I don't have time to start over.

Then I have another question : with NTSC there is an option : Use drop frame timecode yes or no?

What does that mean? And what is the best choice? It automatically goes into 'yes'

Kind regards
Martine

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Dec 08. 2013 12:15

Let's keep New Zealand clean!
borgus1 [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Feb 27, 2013 00:33 Messages: 1318 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: With NTSC there is an option : Use drop frame timecode yes or no?
What does that mean? And what is the best choice? It automatically goes into 'yes'

DROP-frame code tracks real time. NON drop-frame code does not. D.F. is the best choice for avoiding confusion.

A drop-frame code downside is that it does just that - drops frames at specific intervals - to stay in sync with true production length. Thus, should an edit be desired at a point where a frame was dropped, that frame will be "missing." An adjacent frame is used.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Dec 08. 2013 13:42

martinexena [Avatar]
[Post New]
Hi Borgus,

Thanks for the explanation.

I just leave it to 'yes' then.

Many thanks to you all for the assistance, much appreciated.

Martine Let's keep New Zealand clean!