Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Quote Hi Chris,

Saw your uploaded file before, that is why I asked for one with more audio. I can't see what you are referring to with that file clearly on my PC, I guess because the lack of audio in that file.

Tony's example video clearly shows what you are talking about, and that looks like a bug to me! If you are already in contact with technical support, I suggest asking for an FTP upload link so you can give them a longer/bigger file.

David

Hi Tony and David.

Thanks Tony - yes what you have posted in that youtube video, is exactly what I see.

As the Cyberlink support replied today about the Beta Patch fix on the shadow files, I have replied to the ticket (Question ID = CS001843993)

I have put a link to your YouTube video in it as well. Thanks for looking at these issues. Much appreciated.

Chris
Quote Hi Chris,

Can you provide more details, especially what you mean by "not playing well"? Are you saying audio and video are out of sync? Also, is there any way to provide a short sample that has sound for other users to test?

David

Hi David

There is a clip of 3 seconds in this thread that you can download

https://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/15/64753.page#top

You can see in the trim window - that playing the video - it runs on after the trim time runs out.

This was not the case in PD14. I believe it is not using the shadow file.

Maybe it is some setting ?

Cheers Chris
Thanks to help here I have now got my Canon 4k files to create shadow files successfully.

The result is they view fine in the clip preview window.

However - if I try to use the TRIM tool - it appears the shadow file is not used. And there for the sound / video are not playing well in the trim editor. Again this worked in PD14.

Is there some setting I am missing ?

Many thanks in advance
Chris
Quote Chris -

I've been reliably informed that you need to have the most recent 2503 beta patch installed for shadow files to be generated from your Canon clips. Even though I asked you previously whether you had the 2313 patch installed, that will not work for you.

I also mentioned that I had K-Lite codecs installed. That makes no difference either.

So - I offered up two pieces of bad advice in one thread. Thank goodness I have a reliable informant! embarassed

Cheers - Tony

Thanks for doing the video. Installing the patch makes the 4k shadow files render. Hurrah!
Quote Wow Chris! I wonder what it is?

You seem to have covered all the bases - full QT install, K-Lite - that's what I have & no issues generating shadow files in PDR16 from Canon 5DMkIV 4K MOV files.

Cheers - Tony

Someone request a clip.

I zipped it up and the file can be got from http://www.macro-photo.co.uk/CQ9A7585.zip

Be warned even 3 seconds is 184mb
Quote also install K-Lite Codec Pack and see if that'll help... your last resort should be go back to PD14 b4207.

happy happy joy joy

PepsiMan
'garbage in garbage out'

No joy with that - I will raise a ticket.
Quote Hi Chris -

This has me a bit baffled. You too, no doubt.

I wouldn't be too bothered about how PDR interprets the properties. It is Quicktime MOV format, using MJPEG codec (which is built into QT).

Shadow files, as far as I know, are generated in your designated output folder. I just (temporarily) set the output folder to a USB drive & that's where the shadow files landed. A C-drive with little free space probably isn't the cause, since PDR14 has no issues, but it's not a good state of things in general terms.

Latest patch. Full QT installed. Works fine here. Baffled.

Cheers - Tony

Thanks Tony. I have a new drive on order - so will be reinstalling Win 7. And will try again.

Has me stumped atm.

I have reinstalled Windows 7 on a new drive.

Reinstalled QT Full (QuickTime 7.7.9) and Powerdirector 16.

Still unable to produce shadow file in PD16 - from Canon 5D MKiV MJPEG 4K files. It reports the file as Broken.

Tried on several files - which all worked with PD14.

I guess I need to contact support ?
Quote Hi Chris -

This has me a bit baffled. You too, no doubt.

I wouldn't be too bothered about how PDR interprets the properties. It is Quicktime MOV format, using MJPEG codec (which is built into QT).

Shadow files, as far as I know, are generated in your designated output folder. I just (temporarily) set the output folder to a USB drive & that's where the shadow files landed. A C-drive with little free space probably isn't the cause, since PDR14 has no issues, but it's not a good state of things in general terms.

Latest patch. Full QT installed. Works fine here. Baffled.

Cheers - Tony

Thanks Tony. I have a new drive on order - so will be reinstalling Win 7. And will try again.

Has me stumped atm.
Quote Chris -

Do you have the most recent 2313 patch installed? That may make a difference.

Cheers - Tony

Yes I do - one thing I have noticed is that PD14 sees the file type as quicktime. PD16 as MJPEG. Not sure if that should make any difference, as it is MJPEG but QT plays them.
Unfortunately that did not work. I tried uninstalling powerdirector 16 and reinstalling the upgrade.

Still no joy.

Gone back to using Direcotor Suite 4 and PD 14 which works fine.

Wasted my money on the upgrade.
Quote Hi Chris -

It's certainly not an inherent problem with either the 5D MkIV clips or PDR16.

Using some original sample files from that camera, PDR16 was able to import & generate shadow files here (full version of QT is installed).

I had the shadow file resolution set at 1920x1080, but I don't think that would make any difference.

If PDR is saying the files are "broken", that implies either QT or some other codec is missing from your system. The video clips use the MJPEG codec. 4096x2160 @ ~500Mbps.

Cheers - Tony

Thanks Tony. I have uninstalled the QT lite and reinstalled the full. I will try uninstalling some codec packs and install again.

I do wonder if it is maybe the shadow being created a bit on my C drive which is almost full. Seems to put something there despite output elsewhere. Is there some setting to force it not to use C (windows install drive) ?
Hi Chris

Did you install QuickTime to handle the MOV files. If you need to use the QuickTime, download the Lite version.

Hi I did have it. I uninstalled it and installed quicktime lite.

Still not able to produce the shadow files though.
I have recently upgraded from PowerDirector 14 to 16.

In the old version it created shadow files for the 4K files fine for editing.

However Powerdirector 16 says the files are broken. I have tried manually deleting them and even moved the folders drive to no avail.

The non 4k movie files generate a shadow file fine.

I also tried all the resolutions available on shadow files.

Anyone know what may be wrong ?
Go to: