Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Trim Edit - not using the shadow file
ChrisA2017 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Feb 13, 2016 08:20 Messages: 13 Offline
[Post New]
Thanks to help here I have now got my Canon 4k files to create shadow files successfully.

The result is they view fine in the clip preview window.

However - if I try to use the TRIM tool - it appears the shadow file is not used. And there for the sound / video are not playing well in the trim editor. Again this worked in PD14.

Is there some setting I am missing ?

Many thanks in advance
Chris
CLD [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Mar 23, 2007 02:05 Messages: 925 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Chris,

Can you provide more details, especially what you mean by "not playing well"? Are you saying audio and video are out of sync? Also, is there any way to provide a short sample that has sound for other users to test?

David

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jan 17. 2018 04:55

ChrisA2017 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote Hi Chris,

Can you provide more details, especially what you mean by "not playing well"? Are you saying audio and video are out of sync? Also, is there any way to provide a short sample that has sound for other users to test?

David

Hi David

There is a clip of 3 seconds in this thread that you can download

https://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/15/64753.page#top

You can see in the trim window - that playing the video - it runs on after the trim time runs out.

This was not the case in PD14. I believe it is not using the shadow file.

Maybe it is some setting ?

Cheers Chris
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Chris & David -

I can confirm what Chris has observed, using clips from Canon 5D MkIV.

Shadow files were generated at 1920x1080 & play back correctly in the main timeline. The original files are 4096x2160 @ 523Mbps.

In the Trim module, here, audio plays back normally but video runs in slo-mo. Probably related to Chris' statement that "it runs on after the trim time runs out."

I repeated the test using UHD clips from Sony RX10MkIII - 3840x2160 @ 60Mbps - & the trim module playback was just fine, even though the properties of both sets of shadow files were identical. H.264 MP4 1920x1080 @ 8Mbps.

Here, the same thing occurs in PDR15 but (as Chris stated) PDR14 play back in Trim is not affected. Further to that, in support of the idea that Trim is not utilising the shadow file, if the actual shadow file is imported all playback is normal.

Screen capture (unlisted)

Cheers - Tony
Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
CLD [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Mar 23, 2007 02:05 Messages: 925 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Chris,

Saw your uploaded file before, that is why I asked for one with more audio. I can't see what you are referring to with that file clearly on my PC, I guess because the lack of audio in that file.

Tony's example video clearly shows what you are talking about, and that looks like a bug to me! If you are already in contact with technical support, I suggest asking for an FTP upload link so you can give them a longer/bigger file.

David
ChrisA2017 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote Hi Chris,

Saw your uploaded file before, that is why I asked for one with more audio. I can't see what you are referring to with that file clearly on my PC, I guess because the lack of audio in that file.

Tony's example video clearly shows what you are talking about, and that looks like a bug to me! If you are already in contact with technical support, I suggest asking for an FTP upload link so you can give them a longer/bigger file.

David

Hi Tony and David.

Thanks Tony - yes what you have posted in that youtube video, is exactly what I see.

As the Cyberlink support replied today about the Beta Patch fix on the shadow files, I have replied to the ticket (Question ID = CS001843993)

I have put a link to your YouTube video in it as well. Thanks for looking at these issues. Much appreciated.

Chris