Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Quote So guys this is kind of crazy but I figured it out today. My auto save folder was the same folder I was saving as at the end of an edit and puting my pds files in. For some reason everytime a new autosave happened it would delete one of my old pds files. This is clearly a major glitch in the program. Buuuut easy fix. I just made the autosave folder a different folder than where I save my final pds files and now all is good! So annoying I lost all my old pds files with auto saves covering them up but alas I was lucky that I had a back up of the most important ones. Thanks everyone for your feedback and help.

-Joe

@joeacts

Joe - thank you so much!!!! I know this is a old post, but I was having the same problem! I wasn't in as big a hurt locker as you since my project files were backed up to the cloud, but they kept disapperaing on my computer and it was driving me nuts!!! I just changed the folder for my autosave files (like you, it was set to the same folder as my finished project) so hopefully that will solve the problem.
Hello everyone - sorry, I've been away for a while. I ended up re-authoring the project and out of 100 some transitions in the project, now only 2 have a slight "buzzing" problem, so I'm going to just live with it for now.

To answer some questions:

- all of my clips are on one track
- I do not believe that the hum is externally generated
- I created the clip on You Tube by playing the video on my TV and recording it with my tablet - hence the strange frame rate
- I can try playing around with the transition settings, but since I can only see (hear) the problem in the finished disc, and the buzzing appears to be random (in terms of which transitions have then problem), I'd end up burning up a lot of discs...

Thanks everyone for your thoughts and ideas!
Thanks again optodata. This appears to be a random problem. I have two disc image (iso) files I've made from this one particular project. The first image file has a menu problem (something I created - I forgot to highlight the chapters when selected). I corrected the menu problem and made the second image. I went back and looked at the disc I created with the first image file and it has no nosie problems. The buzzing only appears on the second disc - and again, it's not in all transistions - it occurs in about 50% of them.

My project is huge (22G) so I won't pack up the entire project. And I'm not sure I can create a project that has the noisy transitions since the problem appears to be random and does not occur when looking at the video within PD. I can provide Parts A, B, and J - I'll try and work on those tomorrow.

In the mean time, I'm going to create another image file, burn another disc, and see what happens.
Thanks again optodata! Ok, I've published my short video sample to YouTube, and you should find the video here: Buzzing Noise During Transitions.

Let me know what you think.

Thanks.
Thanks for the suggestions optodata. I'll try working in the Produce menu to see if that fixes the problem.

My biggest problem is that the buzzing is not present when I look at the video on the timeline or in the preview mode within PD. The artifact appears to be introduced during the authoring process. It's not my AV equiment - the buzzing is present when I view the disc on my computer as well as my AV system.

I have a short video that shows the problem but I can't figure out how to add the video to my posts. I tried attaching the file earlier today when I typed out a reply similar to this, but my post never showed up in the forum. Perhaps the file is too big (6M).
I had the same problem when trying to burn my first Blu Ray Disc last week. I have Windows 10, so I've not tried it with Windows 7. I did not get any error messages, but the authoring stopped at 99% and sat there for about 10 hours until I finally killed it. Something was written on the disc, but I don't know what since I can't read it. My solution was to create a disc image (ISO) and then use Power2Go to burn the disc. That works for me.
I've created my first Blu Disc with Power Director 13 and during some transitions on the disc there is an annoying buzzing sound. It happens during some transitions and not others (about 50-50). And, it's not consistent - when using the same transition it happens sometimes but not other times. I got the buzzing noise once when looking at one of the transitions on the timeline, but when I replayed the same transition again (on the timeline) there was no buzzing. I have not heard any of the buzzing sound when previewing the disc in the create disc menu.

Has anybody else ran into this problem and know how to fix it? The only option I appear to have at this time is to delete all of my transitions! Yikes, that's going to be a lot of work and I won't be able to produce the kind of video I was hoping for.

Thanks.
Go to: