Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Quote Hi everybody

Is it just us or has anybody else noticed that it is not possible to adjust audio within PD 16.

Normally you can click and dots will appear on the audio line so you can manually adjust the audio at the different "dot points" This is not working on our version (No dots appear on the audio line). We can only pull the sound line up and down.

Has this issue been reported?

Best Regards

TY12

We found the solution to our own question.

You have to click the ctrl Button on your keyboard at the same time as you click your mouse button.

Hope this helps others.

Kind Regards from

TY12
Hi everybody

Is it just us or has anybody else noticed that it is not possible to adjust audio within PD 16.

Normally you can click and dots will appear on the audio line so you can manually adjust the audio at the different "dot points" This is not working on our version (No dots appear on the audio line). We can only pull the sound line up and down.

Has this issue been reported?

Best Regards

TY12
Quote ...
4K Production: Issues with Green Flickering and pixel flickering particularly between transitions

Jeff wrote about Hardware Acceleration

' Green Flickering ... between transitions... ' is due to GPU, of course i'm assuming; so, disable HA and or find the driver that will not cause any flickering.

try cpu only rendering if PD16 continues with issues, then you have to elevate your support to CL!

happy happy joy joy

PepsiMan

'garbage in garbage out'

Hi there Jeff,

Your advice worked perfectly, thanks so much for that!

Hope it helps others too.

We found another issue which I will also post on the board.

Best Regards TY12
Quote Hi TY 12

I made a 2 Test with 4k and all your Settings absolut no Problem and clean !!

ONLY Difference PAL

Regards Paul

Hi Paul

Thanks for the reply

We are using PAL also.

I have just updated the the Graphics Card Driver to the latest and the issue is still there.
Do you have any suggestions as to why I am getting this issue on PD16 while not on PD 14and what else can I do or check?

Thanks again.

Best Regards

TY12
I think I wrote this issue in the wrong thread and therefore I have reposted it here. I have been unable to delete the original message.

Hi there to you all,

4K Production: Issues with Green Flickering and pixel flickering particularly between transitions

We just installed the "Beta Patch" and can report that it does not fix Transition issues when working with and producing 4K footage.

We are producing 4K footage in the same ways as we have done on PD14 but throughout the produced video we experience a "Green Flash" sometimes between transitions and then various "colour flashes" (blinking / pixels) throughout the video. I am not sure how to describe the issue better than that.

I am producing (as I always do on PD14) 4K footage in AVC (MP4) 3840 x 2160/25p (50Mbps).

I have tested the same clips in PD14 and produced the video in PD14 (exact same footage) and there is no issue present in PD14.

I hope this issue can be resolved as I cannot use PD16 as it stands now (at least not for our 4K footage).

I have to continue working with PD14 for now.

Best Regards to you all.

TY12
Issues with Green Flickering and pixel flickering particularly between transitions

We just installed the Patch and can report that it does not fix Transition issues when working with and producing 4K footage.

We are producing 4K footage in the same ways as we have done on PD14 but throughout the produced video we experience a "Green Flash" sometimes between transitions and then various "colour flashes" (blinking) throughout the video. I am not sure how to describe the issue better than that.

I am producing (as I always do on PD14) 4K footage in AVC (MP4) 3840 x 2160/25p (50Mbps).

I have tested the same clips in PD14 and produced the video in PD14 (eact same footage) and there is no issue present in PD14.

I hope this issue can be resolved as I cannot use PD16 as it stands now (at least not for our 4K footage).

I have to continue working with PD14 for now.

Best Regards to you all.
Hi Jan,

Thanks for your reply.

In answer to your question, we are having the issues that we describe, it is just a little difficult to explain all the steps that we are trying and what the outcome is (please don´t take offence).

What we have tried and are trying to explain:

1.We rendered the two same files in PD12 and PD14 to see if it was an error on our side(mpeg4 at 4K).

2.Both files are rendered nicely (the output from PD12 and PD14) is fantastic.

Then we upload the two files to YouTube (as you say rendered the same, one on PD12 and the other on PD14)

3. The PD12 version uploaded to YOUTUBE functions perfectly with no jerky movements and fantastic picture.

4. We then upload the same clip rendered in PD14 to YOUTUBE, (which as you say,should be rendered the same, and we suddenly get this slow jerky footage.)

Surely this indicated that YOUTUBE is interpreting these two files differently.

We have produced multiple 4K fileson PD12 with no problems, and agree with you that the rendering should be the same, but the fact is PD14 is giving us a problem.

We appologise if you have taken offence to the description of our problem, which we have tried to describe in detail, hoping for a solution.

Best Regards

TravellerYT
Hi Jan,

That footage looks fantastic and yes I don´t see any pixels. We are experiencing a pixelation effect in the "one coloured" big blue skyline. Not throughout the video but in parts of it (enough to "destroy" the visual appeal of the video). We will try it again later today and see if it will get better. This is very frustrating, we have always produced 4K MP4 files in PD 12 without a problem and now in PD14 we cannot do it. We tried producing the same file in PD 12 and uploaded it to Youtube and it worked perfectly. Unfortunately we could not transfer the whole produced project on PD14 to PD12 as it seems PD14 leaves the error in the produced output (hope this makes sense hehe).

Waiting for Cyberlink now.

Thanks for your much appreciated input.

Kind Regards

TravellerYT
Hi Jan,

Thanks for your reply. We have tried using wmv for 4K output and have, with our 4K files, not had good results. Footage is smooth but pixilated. Will be waiting to hear what Cyberlink does with our support case. All our 4K vids have always produced well in PD12, really strange that there are these issues in PD14!

Thanks again for the reply.

Regards

TravellerYT
Hi Guys,

Sorry to say that our workaround for producing 4K video in PD12 did not turn out. After uploading the 4K video to YT the YT quality is only 360P and does not go beyond that despite the file being a 4K file.

Now what... ?
Hi there Jan,

We are having the same issues as you describe and have contacted Cyberlink Support. We figured out a workaround to this problem which we will use until Cyberlink hopefully fixes the problem. It involves producing the file in PD 14 and the producing the produced file in PD 12, then no issues You can view our full description in our thread here => http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/46370.page
Thank you very much for your feedback Anders, very useful. As said we did find a workaround to the problem where the file runs smoothly. We will now see what Cyberlink has to say.

Anders may we ask kindly that you remove our file from public view on your YouTube channel, this is copyrighted material and music which we obviusly don´t want publicly uploaded on other channels.

Thanks again for your help, have a good day.

Best Regards

TY12
We found a work around to the problem until Cyberlink fixes this issue that we have also reported to them.

Once we have produced our 4K video on PD14 we import the produced file into PD12.

In PD12 we again produce this file in MPEG-4 as a 4K file. This file we then upload to YouTube and it works.

This proves that there is an issue, hopefully Cyberlink will sort this issue soon so we do not have to jump from PD 14 to PD12 just to produce a 4K vide that works properly on YT.

Have a good evening everyone.
Thanks for your reply Anders Bixbe. We just tried your method with the same result. We have included an upload of the file we are talking about. If you view it you will see how smoothly the engines turn. Once the video is uploaded to YouTube the engines turn slowly. If I upload the clip without the audio to YouTube it runs smoothly. Never had this problem with 4k footage and audio in PD12? If You can try uploading our clip to YT and see what we mean.

Thanks so much for your feedback
Hi guys,

First of all, great forum. We have been passive members for a long time and very much enjoy reading the posts in here.

We just sent the following information to Cyberlink support, and was wondering whether anybody in this forum could help out with the below mentioned issue regarding "producing"

In AVC (H.264) 4K 3840 x 2160/25p (50 Mbps) we are producing a 4K mp4 video for YouTube upload. The file has edited footage and added music audio. The file is produced correctly by PD14 (it works), but when uploading it to YouTube the video is played back slowly (jerky).

When we produce the exact same video in WindowsMedia Windows Media Video 9 4K 3840x2160/25p (20 Mbps) the file is produced correctly and when we upload it to YouTube the video and audio function perfectly. The problem is that the quality is pixilated in parts and nowhere near the quality of AVC.

We have just upgraded to v 14 from v 12.In v 12 we have always used the MPEG-4 MPEG-4K 3840 x 2160/25p(50Mps) to produce 4K vids for YOUTUBE which function perfectly with audio and footage. We have today produced (in version 12) a perfectly working high quality video that works in 4K on YOUTUBE (the exact same video we produced unsuccessfully on our brand new Version 14).

Please would you look into this issue as production in version 14 for 4K video appears to be unusable on YOUTUBE. There appears to be a problem in the outputed production of audio and footage once it is uploaded to YOUTUBE.

An example of the jerky movements from the PD14 produced file can be seen on our YouTube video here => Please bare in mind that the same movie produced in Powerdiretor 12 functioned perfectly on YouTube when it was uploaded - We are very afraid that we have upgraded to a product that cannot be used...

Why has the MPEG-4 production button been removed, this produced output funtioned perfectly?Thanks for taking the time to look into this.

Hope somebody can advise us of what to do. As the situation is now, we will have to produce 4K vids for YOUTUBE in PD12 where the quality is good and the produced audio video file plays perfectly without jerky movements.

Thanks for taking the time to read my question

Best Regards

TY12

We have had PD12 for almost two years without any issues. First issues experienced are with PD14.
Go to: