Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
so..here we are from pd12 to 14.
jan den hollander [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Sep 18, 2015 15:54 Messages: 49 Offline
[Post New]
did'nt upgrade,have them both now full versions..to be able to compare perf on the same machine.

now..what I found so far is a significant difference between both installs.

tests show me there's little difference when it comes to ha acceleration using 4k files in both pd12 and 14.

o.k i got new codecs and new templates supposed to deliver ha accelerated nice playable files.

However...when i try a conversion from cineform avi 4k to mp4 at the same fps etc.. h.a accelerated I end up

with a file played in several players at just 9fps and so nothing but some stuttering slideshow.

This happens only when using h264 4k..not hevc at the same settings..that; s smooth at 25 fps.

but with a hit in quality..the codec does'nt live up to h264 quality.

I don't know if I made myself clear..probably not..sorry.

Fact is pd12 gives me 1080p files from a 4k master without flaws.

PD14 gives me 4k files from a 4k master at only 9fps although players show 25 fps.

It's not my machine..for gods sake..it's a hexacore 24 gb ram..980ti..sd drives all around..all at super speed.

Lol..I hope all this makes some sense,and that someone might say something about it.

Thank you for reading.
TY12 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Nov 24, 2015 15:00 Messages: 15 Offline
[Post New]
Hi there Jan,

We are having the same issues as you describe and have contacted Cyberlink Support. We figured out a workaround to this problem which we will use until Cyberlink hopefully fixes the problem. It involves producing the file in PD 14 and the producing the produced file in PD 12, then no issues You can view our full description in our thread here => http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/46370.page
[Post New]
Hi..Traveler.

I found an easy and good workaround in P.D14 by using wmv 4k profile in the produce page.

Once uploaded to youtube the quality is just fine in 4k/1080p etc.. it's smooth no hicks.

So..P.D14 is perfectly useable after all,just avoid using H264/65 because of the issue which IS there.

Also..I have the stutter playback with H264/65 in all players showing 25fps in file specs,

but actual playback speed is 9fps causing the stutter without the file being uploaded to youtube.

Again..try wmv 4k profile inP.D14 render your file with that and upload to youtube.

That way your problem should be solved,because it works for me perfectly.

Jan.
TY12 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Hi Jan,

Thanks for your reply. We have tried using wmv for 4K output and have, with our 4K files, not had good results. Footage is smooth but pixilated. Will be waiting to hear what Cyberlink does with our support case. All our 4K vids have always produced well in PD12, really strange that there are these issues in PD14!

Thanks again for the reply.

Regards

TravellerYT
[Post New]
Heya Traveller..

Try this youtube link https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EoEqeH9ANH8

This is a magicyuv file rendered in P.D14 with WMV 4k profile and see if there's any pixelation.

If so..there must be something wrong at your end.

Jan.
TY12 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Hi Jan,

That footage looks fantastic and yes I don´t see any pixels. We are experiencing a pixelation effect in the "one coloured" big blue skyline. Not throughout the video but in parts of it (enough to "destroy" the visual appeal of the video). We will try it again later today and see if it will get better. This is very frustrating, we have always produced 4K MP4 files in PD 12 without a problem and now in PD14 we cannot do it. We tried producing the same file in PD 12 and uploaded it to Youtube and it worked perfectly. Unfortunately we could not transfer the whole produced project on PD14 to PD12 as it seems PD14 leaves the error in the produced output (hope this makes sense hehe).

Waiting for Cyberlink now.

Thanks for your much appreciated input.

Kind Regards

TravellerYT
[Post New]
I really don't get it.
What do you want?

Mpg4 files are rendered in P.D12 and14 the same way and they're both good.
Maybe..you should not try to upload those files to youtube..since it's a delivery format.
The tube then has it's own conversion,which can mess up things.

Your post started with the stuttering thing..then evolved to the pixellation thing.
Both were addressed but no real answer to them.
Every time it's pointing to something different.

Are you for real?
TY12 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Hi Jan,

Thanks for your reply.

In answer to your question, we are having the issues that we describe, it is just a little difficult to explain all the steps that we are trying and what the outcome is (please don´t take offence).

What we have tried and are trying to explain:

1.We rendered the two same files in PD12 and PD14 to see if it was an error on our side(mpeg4 at 4K).

2.Both files are rendered nicely (the output from PD12 and PD14) is fantastic.

Then we upload the two files to YouTube (as you say rendered the same, one on PD12 and the other on PD14)

3. The PD12 version uploaded to YOUTUBE functions perfectly with no jerky movements and fantastic picture.

4. We then upload the same clip rendered in PD14 to YOUTUBE, (which as you say,should be rendered the same, and we suddenly get this slow jerky footage.)

Surely this indicated that YOUTUBE is interpreting these two files differently.

We have produced multiple 4K fileson PD12 with no problems, and agree with you that the rendering should be the same, but the fact is PD14 is giving us a problem.

We appologise if you have taken offence to the description of our problem, which we have tried to describe in detail, hoping for a solution.

Best Regards

TravellerYT

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Nov 26. 2015 09:01